Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on November 2, 2008
This metal spout works much better than the plastic "spill proof" spout that comes with the Blitz #31710 metal "Jerry can." Notice I put "spill proof" in quotes, because I actually had more spillage problems using it than I do this more simple design. The large plastic nozzle is awkward to use, and has an o-ring that became misaligned, and actually prevented a complete seal -- until I used my fingers to slide it back into place. When I use a gas can, I prefer not to smell like gasoline when I'm done using it...

This metal spout works very simply. You bend it the way you like it, and it's good to go. The screw-on top prevents evaporation. What more does one need?

I didn't give it 5 stars just because I'm a little concerned about durability.
on November 28, 2011
I attempted to get a metal gas can spout, but received a plastic one which would not fit. I reverted back with the error, and stated I did not want the wrong part. They sent me the same wrong part again. I never did receive what I ordered so refuse to pay for it.
on March 19, 2013
the spout on my old jerry can broke, so this one is a perfect replacement. These things are hard to find in the hardware stores.
on October 16, 2010
if any of you use the old steel blitz cans out in the country you know how useful they are for filling up mowers, tractors, 4x4s and motor cycles, but after years and years of them sitting out in the weather the steel spout starts to rust off. this is great the old spouts have rusted off of my cans and I thought i was going to have to buy those clumsy plastic filler spouts with those stupid "eco, friendly no spill spouts" that don't work and actually cause you to spill gasoline of diesel all over your vehicle or mower. i stumbled over this deal and bought it right away it is defiantly a good deal.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2009
This is the genuine product. Don't be fooled by look alikes! If the nozzle isn't made by Blitz, it won't work on Blitz gas cans. I bought two nozzles before learning this hard lesson! The knock-off nozzles don't have enough threads to actually screw into the gas can!!! One other thing to watch out for - there are two sizes and only one of them will fit into your car's gas tank opening, the 3/4" one is for unleaded vehicles.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.