H&R Block 2015 Basic Tax Software + Refund Bonus Offer - Windows Download
- Free Unlimited Expert Tax Advice via online chat
- Easily Import W2s, 1099s and last year's return from HR Block or TurboTax
- Accuracy Review checks for any issues and your audit risk
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Supported OS: Windows 8 Windows 7 Windows Vista Windows XP
- Additional Information: 170 MB;1024x768;SVGA color monitor
From the Manufacturer
Get +10% Refund Bonus on an Amazon.com gift card. Restrictions apply. See offer details.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 / Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or higher Mac: Safari 5.1 or higher
- Hard-Disk Space: 170 MB
- CD-ROM Drive: 2X CD-ROM drive
- Monitor: 1024x768, SVGA color monitor
- Printer: Compatible inkjet or laser
- Speakers and Sound Card: For videos/animations
- Internet Connection Required
H&R Block 2015 Basic Tax Software -- Refund Bonus Offer
Simple Tax Solutions
H&R Block Basic Tax Software is designed for customers who want to be in control of their tax preparation experience and feel empowered by completing their own return. They are often first-time do-it-yourself filers with simple tax situations.
The right choice for customers with simple tax situations. Easily complete federal returns, with help every step of the way — including our Maximum Refund Guarantee and free unlimited expert tax advice, only from H&R Block.
Includes These Features:
- Free In-person Audit Support — Only H&R Block helps customers prepare for an audit and provides a tax professional to represent them in person — for free(1).
- Free unlimited expert tax advice via online chat(2).
- Free Import of your W-2, 1099 and last year's return from H&R Block or TurboTax.
- Step-by-step Question and Answer easily guides customers through their return.
- Accuracy Review checks for any issues and audit risk(4).
- Itemize your deductions with Schedule A.
- Includes Affordable Care Act related tax forms, guidance and exemption applications.
- New Refund Reveal explains your refund amount in real time.
- Data Security–encryption technology safeguards your sensitive information while it is electronically sent to the IRS.
- Accurate Calculations Guarantee.
- Maximum Refund Guarantee(6)
- Five free federal e-files included(3)
- State download available within the program for an additional fee(5).
You must agree to the license agreement within this program to use or install this software. Visit license section on HR Block's official website to review the license agreement. If you do not accept the terms of the license agreement, you should immediately return the software for a refund.
(1) Free audit support is available only for clients who purchase and use H&R Block Tax Software or online tax preparation solutions to prepare and successfully file their 2015 individual income tax return (federal or state). It does not provide for reimbursement of any taxes, penalties, or interest imposed by taxing authorities and does not include legal representation. Additional terms and restrictions apply; see www.hrblock.com for complete details.
(2) You can ask our tax advisors an unlimited number of tax questions at no extra cost. Standard live chat hours apply (Mon. – Fri., 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Sat. – Sun., 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. All times Central.)
(3) You may e-file up to a maximum of five federal returns (each included at no additional cost). State e-file available within the program for an additional fee. State e-file not available for NH.
(4) The assessment of your audit risk is not a guarantee that you will not be audited.
(5) State programs can be downloaded for an additonal cost from within the program. Most state programs are available in January. Release dates vary by state. DE, HI, LA and VT do not support part-year / nonresident forms.
(6) If you find another do‑it-yourself tax software preparation method that results in a larger refund (or smaller liability) than that calculated by the H&R Block Tax Software program, we will refund the fees you paid us to use our tax software program to prepare that return and you may file an amended return using our tax software program at no additional cost. To qualify, the larger refund or smaller tax liability must not be due to differences in data supplied by you, your choice not to claim a deduction or credit, or positions taken on your return that are contrary to law.
2015 HRB Digital LLC. All rights reserved. H&R Block DeductionPro and H&R Block are registered trademarks of HRB Innovations, Inc. TurboTax and Quicken are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc. For sale by authorized resellers only.
Refund Bonus Offer
Maximum Refund Guaranteed
Top Customer Reviews
This year it looks like H&R Block Basic is about half the price of TurboTax Basic. Beautiful. I'm still waiting for some 1099's, but I've already started my taxes by importing my W-2. Easy. Looks exactly like last year and that went really well. So, I'm going to take the liberty to five star this now since last year's experience was an easy 5 stars.
How does this software compare to TurboTax? It's just as easy. It mostly works in the same way as TurboTax with small differences here and there. The interface is much snappier than the 2013 version of TurboTax - the last version of TurboTax I used.
If I may take a moment to bash Intuit (the makers of TurboTax): That company actively lobbies against making tax filing easy. Just Google "TurboTax Lobbies Lawmakers to Keep Tax Code Complicated" for an ABC News article on the subject.
I wouldn't have even of realized this if Intuit hadn't of tried to gouge customers last year. I have a lot of ill will towards Intuit now and I was previously a happy long time customer.
So this second year using H&R Block went well. Although, as last year, the program displays a few rough edges, easily worked around. For example, during this year's final Federal review, the program spotted an "error", which turned out to be the word "None" in a field completely unrelated to my tax situation. I had not supplied any data (let alone typed "None") in that part of the tax form. H&R Block would not let me proceed with the filing process until I had manually displayed the form, clicked the cursor into the field, and backspaced over the word "None". That is the kind of behavior that makes you wonder about their QA process.