H&R Block At Home 2010 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile [Download] [OLD VERSION]
- Do-it-yourself tax software for investors and homeowners
- Everything needed to easily complete federal and state returns
- Customized interview process; user-friendly interface; audit support
- Guidance for reporting investments, dividends, home sales, and retirement income
- Import data from H&R Block At Home, TurboTax, and Quicken software; Maximum Refund Guarantee
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Guidance for all your personal tax situations. Federal forms and State forms. Step-by-step interviews guide you through a customized experience relevant to your tax situation. Everything you need to prepare your federal and state taxes in one complete program.
H&R Block At Home Deluxe
Ideal for Investors and Homeowners
The right choice for customers with more complex tax situations to easily complete their federal and state returns. Includes the H&R Block tax expertise your customers trust--plus our Maximum Refund Guarantee.
H&R Block At Home Deluxe includes everything your customers need to easily complete their federal and state taxes--with the tax expertise they trust. With an easy-to-use interface, H&R Block At Home Deluxe searches for hundreds of deductions to get customers the biggest refund. Ideal for homeowners and investors, the program includes personalized tax guidance and features available only from H&R Block, such as built-in expertise and audit support, expert advice from our community of tax specialists, an H&R Block enrolled agent to represent customers in the event of an audit, and, best of all, our Maximum Refund Guarantee.
- Customized interview process to help customers easily complete their federal and state taxes.
- five free federal e-files.
- Personalized tax guidance for popular occupations and specific deductions, plus answers to FAQs.
- Audit support with guidance, plus an H&R Block enrolled agent to represent customers in the event of an audit. Included when they file a federal or state return.
- Guidance for reporting investments, dividends, home sales, and retirement income.
- Advice, tips, and planning tools for the upcoming year.
- Easily import data from W-2, 1099, and last year's return.
- Quickly import data from H&R Block At Home, TurboTax, and Quicken software.
- Maximum Refund Guarantee.
Why It's Best For You
- Personalized tax guidance
- Mortgage interest and charitable deduction maximizers
- Sale of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
- Audit support from a tax professional
- Imports data from H&R Block At Home, TurboTax, and Quicken.
- Five FREE federal e-files included. One state program download included.
Accurate Calculations Guarantee
We guarantee accurate calculations or we'll reimburse resulting IRS penalties and interest charges (limits apply).
Worry-free Audit Support
It's unlikely you'll receive an IRS tax audit. But if you do, free audit support and audit representation is part of our guarantee. Our audit support helps you understand why you're being audited and what kind of response to prepare. If you need representation, we can communicate on your behalf through an audit proceeding. Even if you're not an existing H&R Block client, we'll still guide you through an audit, no matter what time of year.
Maximum Refund Guarantee
Get the maximum refund you're entitled to or your tax return is free.
If you find another online tax preparation method that results in a larger refund (or smaller liability) than that calculated by the H&R Block At Home online tax program, we will refund the fees you paid us to use our online tax program to prepare that return. To qualify, the larger refund or smaller tax liability must not be due to differences in data supplied by you or positions taken on your return that are contrary to law.
Supports most tax forms
Some of the common IRS forms and schedules supported by H&R Block At Home Deluxe include:
| || |
Platform: PC Download | Format: Thin Software Download
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Downloading via Amazon is pretty smooth and painless. You can easily download it again later, even to a different computer if need be. Your authorization is stored in your account at amazon. You need to first install Amazon's special Downloader software. That's also fairly painless.
I've used H&R Block's tax software every year since 2004. Always some annoyances, but most of it is excellent.
Price Dips: Below 25 buckss. Sometimes below 20. It went to 22.49 on Jan 12, 2011, for example. Amazon has always had the best price. There's an "Online Price Alert" that will email you whenever this or any amazon product dips below your target price. Google it. It's nicely done.
Unlimited number of tax returns: (family members, what-if copies of your return, etc.) I think TurboTax also lets you do this now, but in the past TurboTax pulled some real nasty tricks with licensing/copy protection, and they continue to charge 18-45% more than H&R Block.
It includes unlimited paper filings for one state ($ 19.95 extra per state e-file). So, I just file state returns on paper.
"Free" tax softwares like TaxAct might be the thing if your return is very simple, but their better versions are almost as expensive as H&R Block at low tide, and not as good.
The 2010 version is just like 2009. (I did a side-by-side run-through.)
Typical minor annoyances: (all carry-overs from 2009)
- Upgrade pitches: They weave it into the interview and make it sound as if "an upgrade to Premium is advised for your situation" even when it makes little or no sense for your situation. Sleazy.
- Unclear wording in a few places, although most wording is very clear and accurate.
- Copy...Paste from Interview screens: That would be handy at times. No can do. Can't print them either. Only way I found is ALT + PrintScreen, then paste the graphic into Word or a paint program.
I have deducted one star for not having efile facility for state return. As you can see the title says that "deluxe federal state efile" but when you try to efile state, it will ask you 20 bucks for efile. I feel cheated when I saw that. I just printed the state return, manually filled info on state tax website, and "efiled". They should clarify that efile for state is not free.
I efiled my return on 1/25/11, which was accepted by IRS on 2/16/11. However, I accidently deleted my saved T10 file, so I put in the same numbers again in the software to make a copy for next year. HERE comes the surprise. My original return put business deduction in itemized deduction instead of 2106 EZ, so I paid 268 dollars extra.
I had to compare page by page myself, H&Rblock helpdesk was useless. After wasting 2 hours over phone, they gave me a "free" code for ATA(Ask a tax question), who told me to file 1040x.
I called IRS helpline, and they were most helpful without asking any money.
I will never trust H&R block again.
Stay away from them.
*Amazon's software downloader was problem-free, fast, and easy
*Software imported my 2009 data from my computer - saved me lots of time
*DeductionPro is now online - interview takes you to it and it is easier than the 2009 version of DeductionPro
*Efile is still easy, free, and fast
*State software was downloaded when I prompted - fast, quick, easy.
*Software warned me that it may take longer to get refund since IRS is not accepting returns with itemized deductions until mid-Feb. I was happy to be warned of this possibility since otherwise I would have been angry that my refund wasn't processing like in years past.
The only reason why I give this software 4 out of 5 stars is because I still think that tax software is not 100% reliable as speaking with a CPA or real live person who does your taxes. I do have a couple of questions and although the software does answer it to the best of its ability, I sometimes worry that I'm making a mistake or not doing my return correctly. It is always a risk I take and so far I have not had any problems with the IRS or any personal tax liability issues so I believe I'm doing my taxes correctly. It is just nice I had the option of a person reviewing my return just to make 100% sure.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does not include State! but it clearly lists it in title of software.Read more