Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 13, 2013
A little difficult to find any information on it, as far as the default network settings. Figured it out as 192.168.0.253/24 (the block erupter blades are 192.168.1.254/24). Quick and easy setup, had it connected to my mining proxy (required) in a matter of minutes and up and hashing. Jones Gear even set the clock speed to high so it's running about 35-38 GH/s. Might buy another couple of these due to the modular design.
15 people found this helpful
|1010 comments|Report abuse
on January 17, 2014
First, the Fuse issue, these things come with a set of cheap 32v 30amp fuse's these things can actually melt/catch on fire when the device is on high clock, replace these fuses! just buy a set of 12v/30amp fuses from walmart/autozone where ever. I had one of the fuses actually melt and start to burn on my cube.

As a single mining device, this is not worth the ROI, but as an small scale expansion to a current collection of rigs it's a good deal and a ok price. I personally recommend a stratum proxy and not BFGMiner as I found I had Way more stale shares when using BFGMiner.
3 people found this helpful
on January 21, 2014
Jones Gear ships so quickly I'm starting to think they may get sued by Amazon for infringing Amazon's new patent on Predictive Shipping!!! ;-)

A great product rapidly shipped by a great seller.

I still can't say enough about tripling these up with Corsair RM850's. You only have so many watts available to mine with, do you want those watts being used up in a low efficiency power supply or going into ASIC's to generate bitcoins?

These cubes are also easy to stack up in front of the input grille to your furnace. This allows the heat to be distributed via the existing heating system during this chilly winter (2014). I literally no longer need to turn on the heating element in the furnace to keep things warm! And I can tell you, it feels good knowing all that warmth I'm basking in also earned me bitcoins!!!
2 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2014
This thing was the "Bees Knees" back in it's day. Doesn't overheat when factory overclocked to 38. It's badass for it's speed but completely obsolete now. If you buy this for more than $50 as of 7/8/14 you're getting severely ripped off because of the electricity cost. Unless you don't pay for electricity.
on February 6, 2014
The issues to get this up and running are plenty.
1. No instructions included. However, plenty of people have posted help online.
2. Got this working with a couple of pools, but not with BTCGuild. Apparently I cannot get BTC Guild to issue work on a pull request.
3. I haven't gotten it over 60% utilization, apparently the P2Pool isn't issuing large enough work requests. I'll try other pools since P2Pool seems to not issue any shares even though I have a huge number of accepts. With no reporting, I have no knowledge of why I have no shares coming. My small 9 asic erupter got 0.032 off them, so this is confusing.
4. The proxy that several site recommend using just hasn't worked for me. I am pretty clueless on why at the moment. So I have the cube pointing directly to the pool. Works fine doing that.
5. I had a difficult time getting the cube to start up right away. I ended up turning it on, immediately pulling power, and putting it back on. What ever was causing the current overload cleared with that.

Note: Even though this is designed for a 500 watt power supply, I am running it with a 1200. Originally it was to run 2 cubes off of one supply, but I think I will forgo that, and shuffle my supplies once I understand the mining pool weirdness that I am having.
One person found this helpful
on December 20, 2013
Purchased this cube from Jones Gear through Amazon and was completely out of my expectation that the seller shipped the product with Express which arrived right before my leaving for a Christmas vacation. Jones Gear also patiently answered all my inquiry emails promptly. This product is welled packaged. Plug in a provided fuse, two 6-pin PCIE connectors from your own PSU, and an internet cable, it is good to go. From the GUI interface on your web browser, you can monitor the working status of each chip. It does exactly what it claims to do. Compared with similar products available on the market, this cube is the best investment Ghash/$ wise.
5 people found this helpful
on February 26, 2014
at one time this probably was a high end hash rate. Now with the difficulty of bit coin mining raising, the chance of a return on your money is not good.
on March 11, 2014
Will not ROI in a good enough time to make money on it. Get a miner at least 500gh/s. and mine
One person found this helpful
on March 12, 2014
This is a good way to start your bitcoin mining. Be sure to set aside a few hours for setting this item up. You may need to disable your firewall while setting the proxy server for the cube.
on February 23, 2014
Nothing to much but 3 days after I buy item for 550$ they drop the price to 400 and noone even offered me any of it back
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.