Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 101-108 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 127 reviews
on February 6, 2010
The software was a bit awkward to use, especially when updating and importing returns. Most notably though, the title suggests state efile is included, but it is not. Amazon customer service was a wonderful experience though, so I am impressed with them.
on February 6, 2010
I bought downloaded version of TaxCut. It turned out that I had to install Amazon downloader I try to keep my computer clean and avoid unnecessary software installation. Amazon should have offered to their customers a way to purchase files without forcing them to install any additional programs. Any installed program contaminates system with registry entries, libraries and files. It makes computers slow and more vulnerable to hackers. Beside this Amazon's downloader tends to stay in RAM, consuming computer resources. Amazon should reconsider way they sell files from their store.
on January 29, 2010
Purchased download and kept getting error message. Tried numerous time and found out this download for Vista does not work. Amazon refused to refund so will dispute on credit card. Have wasted too much time on this and the last thing I want to do is keep calling.
on January 25, 2010
I ordered this H&R Block At Home tax software to be downloaded over the internet. Amazon requires you to install their "Amazon Games & Software Downloader". You then must use that software to download the software you purchased. I followed their directions, but cannot download the purchased software. I continue to receive the message "An error has occurred." I have contacted customer service and provided detailed information, but the problem is not solved. I have requested reimbursement since I have not "successfully downloaded and received" the software. Up to this point, they have refused reimbursement, in spite of the fact that I have not received the software.
33 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2009
The H&R Block software would not work on my one-year-old Vista laptop. It gave me an error message that it had to be run from the computer that it was originally installed on (which, of course, was exactly what I was doing). I lost many hours trying to make it work.

I was also very disappointed that I had to download and install an Amazon download agent, something that forever runs in your memory and CPU, just for the privilege of buying any software from Amazon. It took two tries to get it installed and running because the firewall didn't like it. I have now turned the agent off.

The only saving grace in this entire experience is Amazon's great customer service, and willingness to give me a full refund.
on February 20, 2010
Do not buy H&R Block At Home 2009 Deluxe Federal + State + eFile.

It is advertised as the same a Taxcut and is NOT!

And then when you get it downloaded it is called Deduction Pro 2009. So what gives on the naming convention?

The big reason is that they are advertising it to be the same as Taxcut and what a big lie!

So when you get the Deduction Pro 2009 downloaded it will not accept 2009 Taxcut import from last year!

So what do you think about that!

I spent 1 hour on a chat session with some 0ne and finally I said hey do you understand what I am saying?

Finally he said oh yes you cannot import taxcut 2008 tax into 2009 Deduction Pro 2009 or if you want to call it H & R Block At Home 2009. You have to do it manually!
on December 18, 2009
After downloading, the readme file indicated that the key codes for electronic fling would immediately follow and/or be a part of my "download package." I spent some time searching, with no joy. Add to the cost of the software on Amazon the cost of finding the key codes - or paying for the e-file. For $5 more, it's probably advisable to download directly from HR Block unless you do not value your own time.
on January 25, 2010
If you bought a new home and plan on files for the $8000 tax credit, you will not be able to efile the federal tax form. You must print the entire thing and mail it in.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.