H&R Block Tax Software Premium 2017 with 5% Refund Bonus Offer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Unlimited real time chat with a tax expert
- Schedule C guidance
- Tax laws and planning resources
- Rental income deductions
- Advanced tax calculators
- Item is shipped in Frustration-Free Packaging; it is recyclable and comes without excess packaging materials.
- Refund Bonus Offer is a feature of this software and is calculated within the product.
Product comes in Frustration-Free Packaging.
Refund Bonus Offer is calculated within the product once filing is complete.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Refund Bonus Offer
When Premium Tax Software is purchased and used for preparation and filing, and the consumer opts to put their refund on an Amazon gift card, they will receive a 5% Bonus. See Amazon.com for offer details.
Unlimited Expert Advice (1)
Our tax pros are standing by to answer every question and help you get every credit and deduction to which you’re entitled.
In-Person Audit Representation (2)
Thankfully, audits are rare. If one does happen, we’ll be there to guide you every step of the way.
Maximum Refund Guarantee
Nobody gets you more money than H&R Block, guaranteed. We work hard to find every deduction and credit for which you qualify, so you can get your maximum refund.
Mimimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10; Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Browser: Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or higher Mac: Safari 6.1 or higher
- Hard-Disk Space: 170 MB
- CD-ROM Drive: 2X CD-ROM drive
- Monitor: 1024x768, SVGA color monitor
- Printer: Compatible inkjet or laser
- Speakers and Sound Card: For videos/animations
- Internet Connection Required
H&R Block Premium Tax Software 2017 + Refund Bonus Offer
Self-employed / Rental Property Owners
Designed for do-it-yourself customers who want to be in control of their tax preparation experience and feel empowered by completing their own return. They are educated and cost-conscious, want to get the biggest refund possible, and are comfortable e-filing. They often have complex tax situations and are homeowners, investors, rental property owners, self-employed Schedule C fliers, or some combination thereof.
H&R Block Premium Tax Software offers everything a self-employed filer or rental property owner needs to easily complete federal and state taxes, including FREE tax advice via online chat.
- Step-by-step Q&A and guidance on more than 350 credits and deductions
- Quickly import your W-2, 1099, 1098 and last year’s tax return
- Easily import from TurboTax and Quicken software
- Itemize deductions with Schedule A
- Accuracy Review checks for issues and assesses your audit risk (3)
- Five free federal e-files for your personal return, and unlimited federal preparation and printing
- Reporting assistance on income from investments, stock options, home sales, and retirement
- Guidance on maximizing mortgage interest and real estate tax deductions
- H&R Block DeductionPro values and optimizes charitable donations
- One personal state program download included — a $39.95 value (4) (State e-file available for $19.95 per return)(5)
- Tax calculators to help determine the cost basis of sale, dividend, gift, and inheritance assets
- Advanced Schedule C guidance to maximize deductions for self-employment income
- Schedule E guidance for rental property income and expenses
Refund Bonus Offer
Terms and Conditions
- Amazon.com Gift Card offer is for federal refunds only.
- Limits apply ($2000 per e-card, maximum $5000 per customer).
- Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards (“GCs”) sold by H&R Block, an authorized and independent reseller of Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- Except as required by law, GCs cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash.
- GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites.
- For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal.
- GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon symbols are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
- The promotion is valid for a limited time, from December 1, 2017 at 12am PST to October 15, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
- If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
- Void where prohibited.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
You must accept our license agreement to install and use this product. Otherwise, you should immediately return the unopened software for a refund. Not for use by paid preparers.
- (1) Individual returns only. You can ask our tax advisors unlimited questions at no extra cost during regular chat hours.
- (2) Free audit support is available only for clients who purchase and use H&R Block Tax Software to prepare and file their 2017 individual income tax return. Terms and restrictions apply; see www.hrblock.com for details.
- (3) The audit risk assessment (of your personal return) is not a guarantee you will not be audited.
- (4) Additional personal state programs are extra. Most personal state programs available in January; release dates vary by state.
- (5) State e-file not available in NH.
- 2017 HRB Digital LLC. All rights reserved. H&R Block DeductionPro and H&R Block are registered trademarks of HRB Innovations, Inc. TurboTax and Quicken are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc. For sale by authorized resellers only.
H&R Block Premium Tax Software provides everything a homeowner, investor, rental property owner, or selfemployed Schedule C filer needs to easily complete federal and state taxes. It includes FREE online chat with a tax professional, step-by-step assistance on hundreds of credits and deductions, in-person representation in the unlikely event of an audit, and tax calculators to help determine the cost basis of a home sale, dividend, gift, and/or inheritance assets. Note: Refund Bonus Offer is a feature within this software and is optional after filing; disc does not show "5% Refund Bonus Offer" sticker. For installation or operational issues, contact H&R Block Software Support 888-482-9288.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Overall I like the user interface. It is easy to navigate, but does need some refinement.
2. The calculations were accurate, even after making changes to individual forms. This may seem like a given, but my previous TaxAct software would sometimes miscalculate things if I made changes directly on the forms.
1. It is sometimes difficult to find the original source for a form entry. You can right-click on an entry and select “Jump to Related”, but that is often not the original entry and there is no way to find the original entry except by manually searching the other forms and worksheets.
2. When trying to find a specific W2 or 1099 form, there is a drop-down box that simply says “Copy 1”, “Copy 2”, etc. You must open each copy until you find the one you want.
3. Guided help is very basic. It does not provide much information and does not make suggestions that may help reduce your taxes. For instance, it did not suggest making additional IRA deductions.
4. Import of last years data from a PDF copy was sparse and inaccurate.
5. The incompatibility of the preliminary data file with the final version of the data file along with the fact that H&R Block’s technical support did not even know this was a problem.
I especially like the H&R Block Tax Software Premium Edition 2017 because it uses a relatively simple question-and-answer interview technique that allows me to insert my data into simple on-screen forms. The program, in turn, transcribes my data onto the appropriate electronic IRS forms. The interview questions are all presented in simple, straightforward language. The program includes a comprehensive, context-based help system that explains nearly every possible situation I might face while preparing my return. There are also links to various IRS publications for return preparers who may need to refer to them.
This year, it took me about six hours to complete both my Federal and state returns – which is actually a bit less time than the past few years, taking into consideration I am now fully retired. It’s still a relatively short time, considering the complexity of my returns and the large volume of data I must input into the program. My H&R Block Tax Software Premium Edition 2017 took me through the entire interview process, and after I completed my returns, it automatically checked my work for errors and potential “red flags.”
Bottom line: by using H&R Block Tax Software Premium Edition 2017, I was able to make sure that my returns were completely accurate, and my tax refunds were the largest possible allowed by law. Highly recommended.