H&R Block Tax Software Premium 2016 + Refund Bonus Offer PC/Mac Disc [Old Version]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Unlimited real time chat with a tax expert
- Schedule C guidance
- Tax laws and planning resources
- Rental income deductions
- Advanced tax calculators
- One State program download included, a $39.95 value; (State e-file available for $19.95 per return)
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Refund Bonus Offer
The H&R Block Refund Bonus program offers you the option of using some or all of your federal individual income tax refund to purchase electronic gift cards from Amazon.com. As a special bonus to you, we’ll add an extra 5% or 10% to the amount of your e-gift card, depending on which H&R Block product you use.
Free Audit Support
In the unlikely event of an audit, H&R Block will help you manage the process and represent you in person for FREE.
Free Advice from Tax Experts
Chat with H&R Block’s tax pros and ask unlimited questions for FREE if you get stuck along the way.
Maximum Refund Guaranteed
Nobody gets you more money than H&R Block, guaranteed. We work hard to find every deduction and credit for which you qualify, so you can get your maximum refund.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10; Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Browser: Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or higher Mac: Safari 6.1 or higher
- Hard-Disk Space: 170 MB
- CD-ROM Drive: 2X CD-ROM drive
- Monitor: 1024x768, SVGA color monitor
- Printer: Compatible inkjet or laser
- Speakers and Sound Card: For videos/animations
- Internet Connection Required
H&R Block 2016 Premium State Tax Software -- Refund Bonus Offer
Self-employed / Rental Property Owners
The right choice for customers with complex tax situations, including rental property owners and self-employed filers. Easily complete federal and state returns, with help every step of the way — including our Maximum Refund Guarantee and free unlimited expert tax advice, only from H&R Block.
H&R Block Premium Tax Software is designed for do-it-yourself customers who want to be in control of their tax preparation experience and feel empowered by completing their own return. They are educated and cost-conscious, want to get the biggest refund possible, and are comfortable e-filing. They often have complex tax situations and are homeowners, investors, rental property owners, self-employed Schedule C fliers, or some combination thereof.
- In-person Audit Support — Only H&R Block helps customers prepare for an audit and provides a tax professional to represent them in person — for free(1).
- Unlimited expert tax advice via online chat(2).
- Import of your W-2, 1099 and last year's return from H&R Block or TurboTax.
- Step-by-step Q&A easily guides customers through their return Accuracy Review checks for any issues and audit risk(4).
- Itemize your deductions with Schedule A -
- Includes Affordable Care Act related tax forms, guidance and exemption applications.
- New Refund Reveal explains your refund amount in real time.
- Data Security–encryption technology safeguards your sensitive information while it is electronically sent to the IRS Accurate Calculations Guarantee Maximum Refund Guarantee(6).
- Five free federal e-files included3 PLUS 1 state program download [state e-file available(5)].
- Maximizes deductions for home mortgage interest and real estate taxes
- Advice on tax planning, home ownership, and retirement planning
- Extra help for accurate investment and dividend reporting
- In-depth assistance on stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
- Tax calculators to determine the approximate cost basis of investments and assets sold
Refund Bonus Offer
Terms & Conditions
- Amazon.com Gift Card offer is for federal refunds only.
- Limits apply ($2000 per e-card, maximum $5000 per customer).
- Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards (“GCs”) sold by H&R Block, an authorized and independent reseller of Amazon.com Gift Cards.
- Except as required by law, GCs cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash.
- GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods at Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites.
- For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal.
- GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. All Amazon symbols are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. No expiration date or service fees.
- The promotion is valid for a limited time, from January 23, 2017 at 12am PST to July 31, 2017 at 11:59pm PST.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time.
- Offer only applies to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
- If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
- Void where prohibited.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
You must accept our license agreement (www.hrblock.com/license) to install and use this product. Otherwise, you should immediately return the unopened software for a refund. Not for use by paid preparers.
(1) You can ask our tax advisors unlimited questions at no extra cost during regular chat hours.
(2) Free in-person audit representation is available only for clients who purchase and use H&R Block Tax Software to prepare and file their 2016 individual income tax return. Terms and restrictions apply; see www.hrblock.com for details.
(3) The audit risk assessment is not a guarantee you will not be audited.
(4) Additional state programs are extra. Most state programs available in January; release dates vary by state.
(5) State e-file not available in NH.
2016 HRB Digital LLC. All rights reserved. H&R Block DeductionPro and H&R Block are registered trademarks of HRB Innovations, Inc. TurboTax and Quicken are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc. For sale by authorized resellers only.
Guidance for all your personal tax situations. Federal forms. Step-by-step interviews guide you through a customized experience relevant to your tax situation. Everything you need to prepare your federal taxes in one complete program.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The use of check boxes for many topics instead of just going to lists (for example, the list of various expenses for Schedule C) actually slow down entry of data. There are other places this approach has been added as well and same thing, it slows down the entire process. For people using Schedule C specifically, they should have already completed the research for what is and is not allowable instead of expecting the software to teach you what is and is not deductible.
The biggest gripe I have with H&R software is how they implement itemized lists for any given line item. You can basically create a list for any entry which is great so you can go back and see what all you added in for a certain line. The problem is, when you go to open an itemized list for a certain line, you are presented with a list of the itemized lists based on from and line number so you have to guess which one is the one you want to get to for the field you are presently working on in the questionnaire. This has been the case for many years and I really can't see why they can't fix this as I really consider it a bug. When I right click on a field to open the itemized list, the software should know exactly which itemized list I need to see for that line.
Hopefully going forward they will make the software less fluffy and more technically streamlined. Sure, you have the option of going straight to the forms to make entries but the segmented approach makes sense on a higher level. Perhaps they could make a 'power user' mode in years going forward.
Here are my purchase record for the past couple of years.
o 01/07/2012 Got H&R Block Premium, Amazon special deal: $29.99
o 01/05/2013 Got H&R Block Premium, Amazon special deal: $26.99
o 01/03/2014 Got H&R Block premium, Amazon special deal: $31.99
o 01/02/2015 Got H&R Block premium, Amazon special deal: $31.99
o 01/02/2016 Got H&R Block premium, Amazon special deal: $31.95
o 03/06/2017 Got H&R Block premium, Amazon : $44.95
I do my own tax return, mainly because I have complex tax situations...more than 40 schedule K-1 forms from various private placement memorandum based investments (including 2 oil exploring investments with complex tax codes and one conservation easement investment), more than 10 rental properties, and a sole proprietorship (for stock trading). And I always have to manually adjust the cost base for the sells of my ESPP stock shares to factor in qualified disposition income and dis-qualified disposition income (these are IRS terms, I didn't invent them) reported in either W2 or 1099-MISC.
First of all, not all the tax-filer have the related experience or knowledge to handle my tax return (especially, the complex tax codes from oil exploring investments). Or it will cost me a fortune for an experienced CPA to do my tax return.
I was using Turbo tax initially, but I didn't find special advantages in Turbo Tax when comparing with H&R Block's Tax software. So, I switched over to H&R block, and I have been using H&R Block for the past 8 years. It's not only cheaper, but also capable of handling my tax return's needs. It has an easy interview process to guide people to enter information. It allows me to fetch specific form to make manual modifications. I can do if-else analysis to assess different tax strategies with it. The cost of purchasing additional state tax packages is low (due to schedule K-1 income from different states and rental properties in different states that require me to file multiple state tax returns.).
To my experience, both Turbo Tax and H&R Block are not much difference in functions and capabilities. But I would recommend H&R Block for its value. Don't get me wrong...I am NOT saying Turbo Tax is bad. But it's more expensive.