Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.49 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
H&R Block TaxCut 2008 Premium Federal + State + e-file [OLD VERSION]
|Price:||$13.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- TaxCut includes up to 5 free federal e-files and H&R Block expertise in every version
- Get extra assistance and money-saving advice to maximize deductions; plus, turn your donations into big tax savings with the included DeductionPro
- Receive live tax advice from an H&R Block tax professional via one-on-one phone or e-mail consultation
- Save time and reduce the chance for error by quickly and easily importing last year's tax and financial data from TaxCut, TurboTax, Quicken, Microsoft Money, and H&R Block DeductionPro software, as applicable
- In the event of an audit, receive personal assistance from an IRS-licensed Enrolled Agent with audit representation expertise--not a self-serve Web site or FAQ page
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A simple interview quickly walks you through the return process to automate your return. Click to enlarge.
Get the tax savings you're entitled to, including deductions related to home ownership and education. Click to enlarge.
Additional help figuring cost basis for investment income. Click to enlarge.
Prepare next year's federal and state returns with 1 convenient program.Our best value! Get our Premium Federal and state tax preparation program, plus up to 5 federal e-files--all in 1 place at 1 price. One Ask a Tax Advisor session is included and get Worry-free Audit Support when you e-file.
With TaxCut Premium Federal + State + E-file, you can:
- Maximize Deductions: Get extra assistance and money-saving advice to maximize deductions. Plus, turn your donations into big tax savings with the included DeductionPro (a $19.95 value).
- Get Comprehensive Assistance: Receive additional guidance for complex tax situations to give you the confidence and assurance that your return is accurate and complete.
- Auto Import: Save time and reduce the chance for error by quickly and easily importing last year's tax and financial data from TaxCut, TurboTax, Quicken, MicrosoftMoney, and H&R Block DeductionPro software, as applicable.
- Get Real Audit Support from a Real Person--Really: Worry-free Audit Support included when you e-file. In the event of an audit, receive personal assistance from an IRS-licensed Enrolled Agent with audit representation expertise--not a self-serve Web site or FAQ page.
Our simple interview walks you through the process to automate your return.
Quickly and easily import last year's tax and financial data from TaxCut, TurboTax, Quicken, Microsoft Money, and H&R Block DeductionPro software, as applicable.
Our program automatically double-checks your return for errors.
Get Your Refund Fast
E-file your return, and get your refund in as little to 8 to 15 days.
Customized Tax Advice
Receive situational tax guidance, including marriage, having a baby and home ownership.
Charitable Donation Help
DeductionPro is included at no additional charge to help you get the most out of your charitable donations.
Maximize Itemized Deductions
Don't miss out on common deductions, including those related to home ownership and education.
Schedule C Support
Extra deduction help for the self-employed, including home office, rental property and depreciation assistance.
Business Expense Assistant
Help claiming all deductible business expenses, including advertising costs, meals and travel expenses, and office supplies.
Additional help figuring cost basis for investment income.
Quick access to IRS Publications for further explanation of specific tax situations.
Tax Tip Videos
Real H&R Block pros explain how changing tax laws affect you.
Worry-free Audit Support
You can rest easy knowing H&R Block is there to help in the rare event of an audit. Included when you e-file your federal return with us.
Accurate Calculations Guaranteed
If TaxCut makes a calculation mistake, we'll pay resulting IRS penalties plus interest. See the license agreement for details.
100% Satisfaction Money-Back Guarantee.
If you are dissatisfied with the software for any reason, H&R Block will refund the full license fee you paid H&R Block or its authorized reseller for the software, exclusive of shipping and handling charges, taxes, and less any rebate you receive on the software.
Platform: PC/Mac Disc | Format: Box
Top Customer Reviews
So far I am very pleased with TaxCut. It imported my TurboTax data from last year without any problems at all. It also will import data from Quicken, though I don't use that option.
It is a different interface and takes a little getting used to, but then TurboTax's interface changes every year also so with either product one is going to have to adjust to some new interface quirks.
Of course, it is pretty early to be running software, since the IRS is still finalizing things for 2008, and such things as the Alternative Minimum Tax haven't been nailed down, but TaxCut still did a very good job helping me see where I was going to come out on my taxes for 2008. And that includes my schedule C for a consulting business. Obviously, there will be a bunch of updates in a few weeks, but that is to be expected from any Tax Software at this stage.
TaxCut also did a nice job helping me plan for 2009 taxes as well. I had already done some planning using a Numbers Spreadsheet on the Macintosh and so I could tell whether TaxCut was pretty accurate. It was.
Overall, for those who are thinking about switching to TaxCut this year from TurboTax, my take is that I found it easy to do.
I am still very satisfied with this product. So far I've entered all my data, and it's been pretty painless, both for Fed & State taxes.
I have to qualify this by saying that my taxes are pretty simple this year, with no AMT, no sch C, no sch K, etc. So I'm not really running into some areas that are often not handled well in tax software.
One thing I liked better than turbo tax was the simpler handling of tax-exempt income, splitting the in-state vs. out-of-state portions. Also, similarly, the handling of US Treasury interest (tax-exempt for state tax). Turbo Tax makes you enter separate 1099s for each part, instead of just capturing the information within one form dialog.
On the other side, I have some additional critiques:
(1) no ability to import/download W2 & 1099 data (not that I found, anyway)
(2) form 1116 has to be filled out manually, even if it's pretty straightforward -- they could have and should have provided an interview for this
(3) no way provided to simply delete a line in a form (minor point, turbo tax has this, and I find it very useful) -- you can of course delete the data in the line
Obviously, it's a bit too early to provide a thorough review of the program, because it's essentially incomplete (as is TurboTax): many tax forms are still not available in their final form. There will be a Dec 11 update, and I expect several others over the next couple of months. (I've learned from past experience not to submit final returns until late March, since the bug fixes and form corrections are often not final until then. This is true for either TurboTax or TaxCut.Read more ›
The good news is that Taxcut works just fine, importing my TurboTax files and providing a clean, easy interview interface (TurboTax's has gotten too complex, so I switched to using the forms mode instead a couple years back). The forms are fine, too, though I do wish you could have the forms and interview running in parallel in Taxcut as you can in TurboTax -- that's helpful during final review. (Taxcut can display both, but you have to switch to forms-only mode to add or change entries in the form.) I also wish I could increase the forms' type size, but TurboTax can't do that either.
Anyhow, the bottom line is that Taxcut does the job well, so if you're a long-time TurboTax user like me, don't bne afraid to switch.
Some things which are different:
1. taxcut auto saves every few minutes.. so if you are experimenting, you ought to make a copy first and mess with that, otherwise you might find the changes have been written to disk without explicitly saving them.
2. Schedule C does not allow joint spouse ownership as is available in turbotax. Turbotax would autmatically split all the income, expenses, taxes for SE, etc into two sets for you. Tax cut says you have to do this by yourself manually. (which defeats the purpose of using software)
3. If you go to the actual form for Schedule C and double click in the box to toggle Y/N for passive activity, the program consistently crashes.. thank goodness for that frequent auto-save. I don't know where to report this to H&R block since their customer service doesn't have an email address. You can change the value of this box through the interview, however.
4. You can only add up to 6 items per field (via the itemized list) where as in turbotax I never encountered a limit.
In conclusion, despite some minor problems which I hope will be fixed in an update, Taxcut seems to be an adequate replacement for turbotax if you want to make a statement to protest Intuit and yet still get your taxes done.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
OK tax software, but between Turbo Tax and Tax Cut- as I have used both products- I personally prefer Turbo Tax.Published 15 months ago by sam cook