- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (July 15, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118554809
- ISBN-13: 978-1118554807
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 19 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,240,568 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Blog Design For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
- Create an effective blog design
- Apply design principles that make your site appealing and easy to use
- Work with basic CSS and HTML
Make your blog a standout with these essential, easy-to-use design techniques
Your blog's design often determines whether or not a visitor sticks around to read your latest post. Yes, it's that important! So if design is not your strong suit, or if you just aren't sure what goes into effective blog design, this book is for you. Learn what it takes, how design supports your goals, ways to improve readability, and much more!
- Why and how recognize how design communicates, how readers visually tour your blog, and how to use core design principles
- Visual stuff learn how fonts and colors affect your message, how to choose a theme, and ways to enhance navigation with headers and footers
- Into the code master the HTML and CSS basics every blogger should know
- Navigate to success help your readers discover what you want them to find and make your blog mobile-friendly
- A professional look showcase your best content, incorporate your branding, choose the right images, and make text inviting
Open the book and find:
- Core design principles you need to know
- What you can gain from examining other blogs
- Reader-friendly layout types
- How a strong header can create visual identity
- Why navigation is so important
- Tips for making content easy to find
- Advice on best ways to use sidebars
- Ways to build an enticing resource page
About the Author
Melissa Culbertson is a marketing communicator and blogger who shares blogging tips and blog design consultations at Momcomm.com and conducts Content Brew, an online course in social media content creation. She has been a featured speaker at Type A Parent Conference.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
I highly recommend this to anyone who is starting a blog website. Two thumbs up!