Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 19, 2016
I truly believe this is one of Leonardo DiCaprio's best performances. His depiction of a south Africian white man is flawless. The accent is spot on and his emotion is heart wrenching. This is a sober movie with great humane overtones. It will open your eyes to greed and violence in the blood diamond business. Great performances all around and of course, the very best in production value. A great classic in my opinion.
on October 6, 2016
One of the best movies of the decade. Piercing story, brilliantly performed, tied together perfectly with a brilliant score. This film brought a small taste of the Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" back to me through a 21st century lense. You can also watch this movies with different lenses, maybe you like action, redemption, a certainly unconventional love story that perhaps will make you elevate the idea of love despite circumstance. I could go on for pages. Well worth a viewing.
on March 16, 2017
This movie is a very powerful depiction of what the peoples in this area of Africa when through, during the warring days and the senseless slavery and wanton killing, the power struggles and the greed for the wealth diamonds bring... at any cost. I had to give a 5 star rating, because of the power of the film and the emotions it brought out of me. It's hard, living in a peaceful country, to even begin to understand the reality of what happened, in the search for the blood diamonds. I highly recommend this movie.
on May 26, 2017
This is one of those movies that will stay with me for some time to come. I note that it has been termed 'disturbingly violent' by some reviewers, but that isn't the reason this will stay with me. The mining of blood diamonds is based on forced labor in war-torn countries, primarily to finance insurgents, so I expected violence. What I didn't expect was for this movie to portray such a wide range of humanity--from international greed through what happens to people living in a war zone, to the simple love of family and a desire to restore that family. The story within this movie is moving, tender, violent and powerful.
on January 29, 2017
I saw this movie in the theater when it first came out. DiCaprio should have won his Oscar for this role rather than The Revenant. This movie is so fast-moving, wrenching and informative all at the same time. Great acting by the entire cast, and entertaining while still being haunting and making you really think about the greed and exploitation that surrounds a somewhat vain and manipulated conviction that diamonds are a girl's best friend.
on January 3, 2017
Blood Diamond is a rough but exceptional movie with a great cast. DiCaprio gives a strong performance as a money hungry "bad guy". The scenes are gruesome, the language isn't pretty but neither is the real topic of the movie. It portrays the humans who will go to any lengths for money. I use the word "humans"
generously. It is hard to watch but needed to be seen.
on February 11, 2017
Great balance of drama and action. Well acted and filmed with stunning locations ranging from African urban decay to jungle to savanna. DiCaprio is fantastic as is all of the supporting cast. Highly recommended.
on December 16, 2016
When I originally saw this movie in a theater in its initial release, I commented to my wife that we were watching 2 Academy Award performances by Leo DiCaprio and Djimon Hounsou. The performances by these 2 actors are outstanding and I still feel they were robbed of the awards. Jennifer Connelly also performed flawlessly. I highly recommend this movie. It is well worth your time.
on January 29, 2017
Very good plot with a somewhat unexpected turn at the end. Great acting, very good special effects. A great story of redemption.
A lot of violence though, not for the squeamish. The violence does seem to be fairly accurate when compared to the real news stories that come out of this part of the world from time to time.
on January 22, 2014
It is to some degree a mystery that I was unaware of this problem. However, I have always since my youth, avoided a daily dose of news due to the fact that we live on a most unkind planet. News, is depressing to me and I tend to want to block out the world, not a real act of courage on my part.

The acting in this movie is superb. It is avery violent movie. Anyone thinking of putting a rock on their finger which is very boring especially a diamond, but I do realize that I am not your average bird in this regard. If you want to purchase a diamond this movie makes it clear that you need to know where and how it was mined. I am hoping that most American women would not want to wear a rock with a blood trail attached to it.

Make sure the children are asleep and watch it. I learned a lot from it.