Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on December 21, 2012
When you see the premise, true successor to crown raised in normal surroundings by a loving family to allow him to grow up normally and alive, you may think, "Another one" and tend to pass it over. Don't! This is a page turner and the author who has been perfecting this story for almost 20 years promises us another, soon, I hope.

Loric leaves home shortly after his 16th birthday, thinking his father has betrayed him by not telling him the truth about his background about which he is still uncertain when he leaves. Fortunately, he is found by a relatively benevolent noble who does recognize him and insists Loric sign on as his squire. On his own talents, Loric finds out the truth about his father (very impressive, as you will find), becomes one of the youngest ever appointed Knight and sets out to find the artifacts which will allow the proper king to be returned to his people. Lots of good stuff in the telling.
on December 15, 2012
I read the prologue and was not sure I would like the story. However, as it went along I really enjoyed the book. I like the story line to this point and I am really interested in the characters. Like all e-pub their are minor errors in the writing but it was fairly well written. Sometimes it feels like the author skips some steps in how is characters develop. Mostly this is with the main character who seems to be really good at swordplay without much training but the lack of the training chapters also gets this story up to speed quickly. So, it is also a pro. If you are looking for a good read and good story this is it.
on January 7, 2013
I think this book was very entertaining. It was complicated enough to keep me interested, but also entertaining enough to keep me reading. I did find quite a number of mistakes, but that doesn't bother me at all as the quality and engagement of the story is the bottom line for me.

Well worth the value I paid for it. I read both the first and second volumes. I am an avid consumer of books esp. in the SciFi/Fantasy genre, and I would recommend this one to anyone who enjoys this type of read.

I am not related to the author nor do I even know him (and his co-author). This review is completely unsolicited.
on December 31, 2013
This author crafts a nice story here if a tad bit predictable. He also writes the Sovereign Isles books and you can tell it is the same author which isn't necessarily a good thing but still worth the kindle price to read the books. I've started with the second one and will finish the series.
on April 24, 2013
At first the story seems common place and a repeated plot and theme that has been constantly repeated in the fantasy genre. The reader could not be more wrong. This is the second series I have read by this author and his mastery of characterization and plot drag the reader into the story. Well thought out plots and twists, great characters and moral dilemmas, along with a story that flows from one page to the next takes any fantasy genre fan on a great ride. My read on my smartphone has me bumping into walls at work trying to read as I can't put it down!
on April 13, 2015
What a step in the wrong direction. I wonder if writing with his wife caused this series to be so BAD. "Sovereign of the Seven Isles" was outstanding. I knew I had discovered a writer to continue reading. I find myself just skimming the book. I read a lot of books like this and this is one of the worst. I will see if I can return the rest of the series I purchased. Please go back to your old style of writing.
on April 11, 2013
Blood of Logant is a fun adventure. I was able to connect with Loric and his struggles. The book is a page turner I had a hard time putting it down to sleep.
on December 18, 2013
You get a short history lesson! Then when the hero departs from his home town for honor and glory, the adventure becomes extremely good! After reading only a third of this book, I knew this would be an outstanding series and thus bought the remaining four books of the Dragon Eyes Chronicles! I look forward to more books from this author!
on September 4, 2015
This is the first work I have read by this author and I was pleasantly surprised at his story telling abilities. There was enough action and intrigue to keep me interested and wanting to know more. I have since purchased the remaining 4 books in the series.
on January 22, 2016
While the story has promise, the dialogue and pace of events was very hard to enjoy. Old English phrases are thrown in with characters who lack consistency to make the book frustrating to read.