- File Size: 1513 KB
- Print Length: 282 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Creativia; 1 edition (June 14, 2016)
- Publication Date: June 14, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01H3UB45E
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #732,469 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $13.00 (81%)
Blood Sister Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 282 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
This month's Book With Buzz: "Stranger in the House" by Shari Lapena
In this neighborhood, danger lies close to home. A thriller packed full of secrets and a twisty story that never stops - from the bestselling author of "The Couple Next Door." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
It’s an interesting and ‘different’ kind of murder mystery. Where typically hard nosed detectives rule Annie is ‘the star’.
Annie not only suffers from schizophrenia she also has not really overcome her beloved mother’s death as well as her father’s taking off and deserting the family (for a younger pretty woman). All of this leads to Annie meandering through life even though she has a part time job working as a private eye.
When two well known residents of Serendipity, a doctor known to drug addicts and the mayor get killed Annie is being put on the case. Both murders are grisly, actually in a way disgusting. Was the killer a whacko drug addict or did the killer try to blame a whacko drug addict? Even more complicated… Were both victims killed by the same killer? (Sorry, I do not post spoilers.) And, is it a coincidence that all of this happens, right before the elections (for mayor)?
Annie will make a transformation when she meets handsome detective Mark. Will they solve the murder (oh, wait… Is Annie a suspect too?)
It took me a bit to get into the book because typically I read ‘Law and Order’ type murder mysteries. This one is a bit different and that’s because Kenna McKinnon has captured the style how schizophrenic people think, a bit ‘all over the place’. For me this made the book a charming murder mystery, never mind the grisly murders.
“… Memories of Mark two days ago surfaced, his lips brushing mine, his tongue searching my mouth. I felt like a whore looking at Samir the way I did now. If Amy Winehouse sang ‘Back to Black’ that would have been perfect, but instead there was the two of us chatting in my little rooms…”
It’s these little thoughts in between, “… if Amy Winehouse sang….”, which add an interesting feminine touch.
On a side note, I figured out Doc’s murderer but the many twists kept me guessing and almost reconsider.
Gisela Hausmann, Author & blogger
I found Annie to be a complicated and flawed heroine, struggling to live with her illness while attempting to carve herself a niche in the world.Well written and totally different from the standard fare on offer in this genre, Blood Sister is a welcome breath of breath air in the annals of crime mysteries. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and give it a resounding 5 stars!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Medical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Crime Fiction > Serial Killers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Police Procedurals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths