- File Size: 1739 KB
- Print Length: 74 pages
- Publication Date: August 20, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0147VY0RQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,750,344 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #5098 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- #16254 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- #19642 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
Blood Ties: Part One: Daddy's Little Girl Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Some who want everything for nothing will complain that the serial is too short for its price, and although I agree with the former I vehemently argue against the latter. For the price of a cuppa, you get a tiny puzzle box world so intricate and detailed and layered with meaning that it might well take multiple readings to see all the carefully crafted gear work moments of confusing perfection. Monserrat Jackson’s prose weaves its way through mythology and history in a dance that’s familiar, yet eldritch and alien giving you a dystopian afterworld gilded with gods and myths of the past wrapped up in passages that yearn for Sam Spade’s office.
Claire Monserrat Jackson’s heart beats on the page, the blood in the words and the ink, and the work is better for it. Our protagonist is a woman of color (and song!) and from what I can guess, at least a little more than Queer in the LGBTQIA sense. Which, frankly, in a world with too many white male heroes, is a giant relief. People want diversity in speculative fiction, and Miss Monserrat Jackson serves it up on a plate of caviar prose. Make no mistake, she’s a genre breaker, delivering such a svelte story so impressively drenched with just the perfect detail to leave you in the moment of that world.
If I haven’t impressed this upon you yet let me scream it from the roof tops. Blood Ties: Part One is an amazing masterpiece of urban punk noir, and you should buy it yesterday.
I'm so glad I did!
I was hooked by the first page. The action, the dialogue, the mystery, all of it. I thought I'd just read a few pages before bed, and then I couldn't put it down. By the time I got about halfway into the second part, I thought for sure I knew where the story was going, and had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen.
I was wrong. So wrong.
Jackson takes the story into an entirely unpredictable and completely unexpected direction. At the same time that she's building her characters' backstories, she's also dropping tantalizing hints at who they are and what's going on in their world, things that have yet to be explained, which make me a little sad I've already finished Part One and now have to wait for Part Two! It can't come out soon enough.
If, like me, you see "urban punk noir" and think it's not your bag, give it a shot anyway. To that description, I'd add a scoop of sci-fi, a dollop of fantasy, and the smallest pinch of spirituality, all of which makes for one heck of a delicious story!
This book was like watching a movie unfold on the pages as I read ! I could picture what I was reading ! That is a rare gift for an author ,but Miss Jackson has done it splendidly !
I highly recommend this and cannot wait for the rest of the installments ! It is like waiting for the next episode of " The Walking Dead " !
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure