Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 21, 2016
I have the Hard Cover book . I purchased this small pocket size condensed listing of just the foods. I've lost 40 pounds following the food listed in the book so far. Got 60 more to go. It's a way of life for me now. It been 10 month's so far.
Top Contributor: Petson February 26, 2013
I purchased this book in conjunction with the book but, since this book ended up arriving first, I flipped through it a bit.

THERE ARE MAJOR ISSUES WITH THIS BOOK. I'll go through the pros and cons via a list.

Pros:

Well organized. Items are listed by category (meats, produce, beans, grains, etc.), then according to whether the item is very beneficial, neutral, or to be avoided.

It's pocket-sized, so you can take it with you when you go out to eat, etc.

Cons:

THE INFORMATION IS OFTEN CONTRADICTORY!

Just flipping through it, I've found numerous areas where the same item is listed in more than one category (either listed as both beneficial AND unhealthy, or neutral and unhealthy, etc.) Some times, this is blatantly obvious, since the wording is exactly the same. It's like someone wasn't paying attention while they dragged and dropped the info in their Word file.

Other times, it's less obvious. For example, I've had Celiac disease for a number of years (actually, not surprising, from what I now understand of B-type individuals). Thus, I am very keen to products that contain gluten, which is found in wheat, rye, barley, spelt, and can be found in trace amounts in oats processed in the US. Some of the inconsistencies in the grain categorization:

Tells you to avoid ALL gluten products.Also tells you to avoid ALL wheat products.

Then, calls Spelt "beneficial" (though, being an "ancestor" of modern wheat, IT CONTAINS GLUTEN!), recommends OATS without any notice of the dangers of potential cross contamination in them, due to their often being processed in equipment that is also used to harvest and process wheat (Canadian oats are safe, since they use separate machinery for harvesting each grain).

Also goes on to call several WHEAT PRODUCTS "neutral". FIVE, in fact.

Also tells us to avoid ALL soy, but then goes on in other areas to tell us that we can have numerous soy products.

There are other inconsistencies, but it was enough at first glance for me to question the accuracy of ANY of the information in the book. I think you might be better off saving your money and, instead, just Googling information about what IS and ISN'T safe for Type B.
11 comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2015
Exactly what I was looking for, this is compact, light weight, and will fit in most ladies' purse. 6 3/4 X 4 1/4 X 1/4, the book lists categories of food (meats, seafood, eggs and dairy, oils and fats, nuts and seeds, beans and legumes, grains, bteads, and pasta, fruits, juices and fluids, spices, condiments, herbs and herbal teas, miscellaneous beverages. There are also supplement advisories and medical strategies. Of course, the book begins with basic info about type B blood and the blood type connection. Within each section of food types, you will find: categories of highly beneficial, neutral, and avoid foods. There is even an ancestry breakdown. The medical section takes a condition (e.g. cramps/gas) and tells you what to supplement with. There are suggested reading materials and reference info in the back.
on March 16, 2017
Wow! I went to my doctor after using two B books by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo food,beverage and supplement and Live right 4 your type. My blood sugar started at 7.0 and now it is 5.8 My Bad cholesterol is down and my good cholesterol is up .Thank you so much for helping me to Live again Dr.D'Adamo ( no more out of control diabetes or cholesterol ) I am now in control.
on August 30, 2017
The jury is still out on whether this actually works for me. I lost 5 lbs. within the first couple weeks but then weight loss stalled. I'm only trying to lose 20 more but at 55+ it's not an easy feat apparently. I'm pretty strictly following it; eliminating just about EVERYTHING I was eating previously and NO alcohol. I was hoping for better results but I'm still going to give it some time. The book does explain in detail why the author believes in this diet. One note, I'm a Type B blood type, and I do believe that eliminating the chicken from my diet has made a substantial difference in eliminating inflammation. My feet and ankles (sprain & fasciitis) don't hurt anymore. For me, it's enough to keep me intrigued and willing to stay with it for a least regarding chicken.
on April 18, 2017
I started following the recommended diet for my blood type immediately upon receiving this book. After the first week I noticed that I am not breaking out in a rash after eating. The book is very detailed and is small enough to fit into your purse or carry with you when grocery shopping. I especially like that the book offers an explanation for why certain foods are prohibited. I highly recommend this book!
on March 10, 2017
I am starting this change today. Very interesting and it makes so much sense. I eat healthy but still have a problem with my weight. It appears I am eating all the wrong foods. About to change some things up and see how it goes.
on December 12, 2017
This book was not what I expected, and it had some information that I found confusing. I would not really recommend this book if you want a lot of information. It is like a summary and that's about it
on October 5, 2016
This book has changed my life, and I say that wholeheartedly. I have completely changed the way I eat, my children's eat habits, and even how I do my groceries and cook my food. I take into consideration how my body will process certain foods and what is actually a good food for me. I have purchased Type O, as well to tailor meals for my two growing boys as well. Life changing for a good reason.
on June 17, 2017
Most of the b type foods, herbs, and supplements I am already a fan of. Chicken and pork are two of my faves however, I am looking for a way to wean into vegetarian status and perhaps go even further into raw vegan. I have definitely learned the best way to seek comfort from fibromyalgia is in God's pharmacy not the local drugstore. Happy healing!