- File Size: 314 KB
- Print Length: 81 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Deepwood Publishing (February 2, 2012)
- Publication Date: February 2, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0074VTFBS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,778,620 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Bloodaxe Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Though he has few redeeming qualities, he's a very likable character, one who suffers fools very poorly, and rewards those have the temerity not to fall at his feet in simpering adoration. He even goes so far as to suffer pangs of regret as he has to behead an enemy he actually respects.
If I have any complaints at all, it's that the story was too short, and his mother appears far too rarely for my taste. I adored her, and wanted to know so much more about her and her history, because clearly no ordinary childhood could produce such a woman.
The story is told in a "comic" tone that really does not do it for me. The whole thing sounds too "nonchalant" - and therefore very pretentious - for my taste, that the end result is, imho, a failed parody of a fantasy story.
I may, however, have missed the point the Author wanted to convey.
What I did not miss, in any case, is the unrelenting use of terminology ( as well as the cynical train of thought )that would never be uttered by a double bladed battle axe wielding warrior.
How on earth would King Bloodaxe know the meaning of the word "propaganda", for instance?
But then again, apart from this latter ( nowadays often observed ) defect, I may really have missed the point, with this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bloodaxe is a very short novella that borders just over being a short story. I got the book for free on Smashwords.com and read the book in a few short hours. Read morePublished on March 19, 2013 by Edward
I loved Bloodaxe he was such an enjoyable character. The humor he exhibits along with his attitude through out his tale made him one of the best characters I've read in a longtime. Read morePublished on December 30, 2012 by Amazon Customer
I have to admit that this was a good, actioned pack book with some decent humor in it. The pace of the book made it even better.Published on October 25, 2012 by Nightnelms
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Anthologies & Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic