- File Size: 2087 KB
- Print Length: 226 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1546906940
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Thriveco, Inc. (June 6, 2017)
- Publication Date: June 6, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B07215WLG5
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,672 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Bloody Sunrise: An electrifying psychological thriller Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 226 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Denny spends a night out drinking with his friends. To his horror he wakes in the morning with blood on his sheets, a monster headache, and has no clue what happened the night before. Then he gets a call that his ex-wife has been killed, and he begins to wonder what happened. He can't explain the body aches and scratches on his arm. His friends know he was in a rage that night, and the police question him about the domestic report (against) him. All signs point to Denny being the killer, and he has to act fast and get to the truth before it is too late.
The plot moves at a fast pace, intense, compelling, thrilling. Filled with details pulling you into the story, with twists, turns and secrets. Denny is very likable, and wakes to a personal nightmare. With vivid detail I was pulled into his (Denny) life and at the edge of my seat. Gregg Bell writes with flare, digging deep into your soul and not letting go from the first page, up until the end. I highly recommend Bloody Sunrise to those who love a fantastic thriller, a definite five-star read!
*This book was a gift
This ARC was one of the cleanest I have ever read and I was impressed by the care taken in it's presentation. I enjoyed the smooth flow of words that pulled me in, kept me captivated, and told a story which evoked a range of emotions throughout the whole tale. Gregg Bell masterfully kept an edge of tension alive from the opening paragraph to the release of it in the last few paragraphs in the final chapter. There were scenes that had me giving advice to Denny, the main character, such as, "Don't say a word. Don't go there, stay home! Oh, no." My involvement was total at those times when Bell ratcheted up the tension. I read this book straight through, twice. It was an involvement of self woven by words. I could see every character in my mind, feel the bone-chilling cold of Chicago in the depths of the short winter days, and heard typical midwestern speech. Bell's words intertwined the mesh of confusion in Denny's mind as he struggled to stay sober, grieved the death of his ex-wife, and revealed his doubts of everyone around him. His fears and doubts assail him at every turn, he feels alone and is near broken, yet remains determined to find the murderer. He has strength, but is unaware he possesses it.
Bell ran more than one theme through this book and they served as red herrings, as well. Yet, a slight twist in the end surprised me. It is fair to say this a psychological study, but it is also a gritty look at a life marred by alcoholic addiction, a peek at a troubled city, attitudes, biases, and the interaction of real people who display their character flaws. It is an honest depiction of AA, as well.
I want to share with you what this book does not have. It does not contain swearing, gratuitous violence, nor explicit sex. More death occurs, but is reported. I did not have to wallow in it nor read gory descriptions. It was powerul and horrible enough to experience it through the effects on Denny. Sometimes, less is more, as borne out by this book.
If you are seeking a mystery with a psychological edge, this book is for you. It has action, evokes a range of emotions, is hard to lay aside, reads smoothly, and is well written. It is a pleasure to give this a whole-hearted recommendation! I not only enjoyed it, but have admiration for the skill by which it was written!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Literary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Psychological
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Pulp