Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 652 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 991 reviews
on April 22, 2014
This book was supplied to me by Ballantine Books through NetGalley in exchange for a review.

Description of Book

Struggles and surprises are in store for the tight-knit group that gathers at A Good Yarn shop in Seattle! Lauren is tired of waiting for her boyfriend to propose. Newlywed Bethanne is attempting a long-distance marriage. And Lydia is stunned by an act of kindness. How will these women's lives intersect---and be enriched by friendship? 384 pages, hardcover from Ballantine.

My Review

I have read just about all of Debbie Macomber’s books. She is my ultimate FAVORITE author.
This book is a GREAT book as always. This book mainly deals with Lauren and “Rooster” Wayne. Funny name, but a GREAT character I think. Lauren Elliott has about had it with her boyfriend of 3 years and decides to break up with him. He doesn’t take this very well at all. Then, she meets “Rooster” Wayne from California. He comes to Seattle with his good friend Max so Max can see his wife, Bethanne. Anyway, Lauren starts seeing Rooster, and love is in the air.

There are other characters in the book as well. There is Lydia, Brad and Casey their daughter who they have adopted. She has issues and is having nightmares and they have to deal with these. Then Lydia’s mother becomes a problem as well.
This is all I am going to say about this book so I won’t spoil it for other people to read. This is one of my all time favorites by Debbie Macomber.

Thanks, Debbie for giving us readers such good books. I love them all, but this one tops them all I think.
I will definitely suggest this book to my friends and family. I won’t say anything else about this book, you will love it.
I hope everyone who loves a good romantic story will pick up this book.
on April 12, 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down. I started it early Saturday morning and stayed up until 7 am on Sunday to finish it. The story was amazing. We revisited some very favorite couples. Lydia and Brad with their adopted daughter Casey who is having terrible nightmares. Casey finally agrees to talk to a counselor. That's not the only issue with Lydia. Her mother is failing and she is worried about what will happen when Casey looses the only grandmother she has known. But they aren't the main characters in the story. Bethanne and Max make a reappearance. And Annie, Bethanne's daughter with Grant her ex. Annie is still being annoyingly disrespectful to Max. She wants her mother and dad back together. She leaves her mother's company and goes to work with her father. As a receptionist no less. Way below her education. She finally finds out about her father's schemes and tells him what she thinks of him and she finally goes back to work for her mother and apologizes to Max. Miracle of miracle she's changed. But there is also another heroine here. Lauren Elliot finds out that her younger sister is having a baby. She goes to A Good Yarn and reserves the yarn to make a the baby blanket. She is at the yarn store with Bethanne when Max and Rooster show up. There is instant attraction to Rooster for her. He also seems to be attracted to her. Lauren's long time boyfriend Todd has continually put Lauren off about getting married. Lauren wants to marry right away. Todd doesn't so Lauren tells Todd that they are done. She takes Rooster out to dinner that night. It really happens so fast. They talk on the phone a lot. Rooster goes on a trip to New Zealand.but he can't seem to get Lauren out of his mind. Lauren and Elisa her boss have gone to a gem show in Las Vegas. Rooster tracks her down there and they get married. Lauren's parent fly in for the wedding. Her father had a background check done on Rooster. But, Lauren didn't read it. When she does, she found out that Rooster had been married before. She's upset because he hadn't told her about it. They were supposed to go on a honeymoon for a few days, but Lauren decides that that's not going to happen. Anyway, it all gets straightened out and they do remain married. I'm hoping there will be more Blossom Street stories coming. I'd like to find out about Casey's dreams. I'd like to find out about Max's move to Seattle with his business and I'd like to find out what happened to Lauren and Rooster and their pregnancy. Please, please, Debbie Macomber write another Blossom Street story.
on May 26, 2014
Blossom Street is turned upside down with babies and weddings. You might guess who , but you would be incorrect. Wonderful stories and characters. You really learn the best and worst of humanity. Love does conquer all, but it must be LOVE and not convinces or Lust. Sometime your perfect match is the complete opposite of what you would think , but it really works. True friends will support you no matter what their first impressions are and as soon as they see how happy you are they will forget the other factors.
on July 25, 2014
I am a real fan of Debbie Macomber and this book did not disappoint. In fact, I was delighted to find that it was a continuation of a previous novel, A TURN IN THE ROAD, in which Bethanne Hamlin had fallen in love with Max Scanlon, a biker she met while travelling East with her daughter and mother-in-law. Needless to say, Bethanne's ex-husband who cheated and left her has decided he must get her back and does everything he can to create problems between Bethanne and her new husband. The additional romantic story included Max's sidekick and business partner, Rooster, and a lovely woman names Lauren who decided she had wasted enough time on a boyfriend who was not interested in marriage. This is an enjoyable book. Just right for a summer day.
on October 27, 2014
I absolutely loved this book. Once again Debbie does not disappoint her readers. I loved the book so much that I was unable to put it down, as what happens to me with all of Debbie's books. They always leave me wanting more when I get to the end of the book.
I definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone who loves a good old fashion story about Love, Friendships and Family and of course "Happy Endings". I always love the way Debbie brings the characters in the stories to life which I feel she is Wonderful at doing every time! I've been reading Debbie's books for years and always can't wait for the next one to be released for purchase. 
on April 16, 2014
Debbie once again introduces new characters to her readers with such grace you feel like you have known them for years. At the same time she keeps the familiar ones appearing throughout her books. Each one is very special. In this book, your heart is pulled by an adopted teen who has turmoil from her past and a family that is going through all the trails and tribulations of everyday life along with the rewards. Now everyone is wondering what has happened in such a young girls life to put her through such nightmares and not be comfortable enough to talk about it with her parents. Like so many other readers, I will be waiting patiently for the next Blossom Street Novel to be published.
on July 13, 2017
Love it
on May 28, 2014
Always enjoy visiting Blossom Street. I really like series books. Always sorry to see the series end, but then there is usually a new one in the future.
on August 8, 2014
I read this book as part of the Blossom Street Book Series. Ms. Macomber is a good writer and her story lines are realistic and leave the reader feeling they just visited friends in the State of Washington.
on April 21, 2014
I enjoyed every page of Blossom Street Brides. DM seems to have insight into how people think, work, live, love. Over the years I've read as many of her books because she touchs so many everyday problems that we all face in our lives at one time or another. Plus, she gives a good story and always a happy ending with a thought of "what will happen next?"...I love it! and look forward to the next Blossom Street Story!