Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 17, 2015
This was a reasonable depiction of a historic figure in American history. I enjoyed it in part because I was influenced by the people and events portrayed. After watching this I was able to find several interviews related to this story and found that most of the details were accurate, or close enough to tell the story. This movie should be shown again on television with commentary from the central figure and from others who who were in and around the story as it happened - to clarify where the film departs from the real story. The events here were instrumental in changing American culture and American history. We are all different today because of the events related in this movie.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on August 10, 2017
Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors of today. I was introduced to him by my grandkids as the Pirate, but after I saw him in Blow, I purchased several of his movies - including Donny Brasco and Public Enemies.
Enthusiast: James Bondon December 26, 2012
Based on the true story of the infamous drug dealer George Jung, or Boston George, casually depicted by Johnny Depp, this film shows the eras which lead up to the cocaine trafficking boom in the 1980's. As every crime legacy goes, this film is complete with the absolute rise and fall of the legend.

The unbelievable story of an entrepreneur consists largely of drugs, money and women as films of this caliber usually do. Filled with a really excellent soundtrack (one of the best of source music) to perfectly suit the film.
2 helpful votes
on September 11, 2017
Outstanding movie. Great acting all around but especially by Johnny Depp and Ray Liotta. The tape recording to the father and the grown daughter scenes will put your box of Kleenex to good use. Paul Reuben was a huge surprise. What a talent. Get or stream this movie. You will not be disappointed
on December 31, 2016
This was an entertaining movie and Johnny Depp and Peewee Herman gave memorable performances. I still think Scarface is the best of this genre.
on October 16, 2017
great movie, grew up in the 70s and 80s. Reminds me of good times...
on June 9, 2017
Very interesting movie. Kept me intrigued throughout.
on February 7, 2013
Not that glamorizing drug use or dealing is a good thing, this is a film which captures the '70's scene quite nicely thank you very much. The true story of the exploits of George Jung creates an entertaining movie out of what must have been a dubious dicey life of this person.
Johnny Depp is a brilliant character actor but I have never been impressed with him as a leading man. His performance here is kinda a exception. He shows how a basically good human being can get caught up in a whirlwind beyond his control. Greed, adventure, love and the love of the good life surface through the performance.
Paul Reubens is adept at showing Derek Foreal as a real person behind the ruthless,powerful, gay facade.
Again, never got off on Penelope Cruz, but she fit here and did a yeomanlike job.
Each and every supporting performance is without peer.
Rather like this motion picture.
on October 24, 2016
one of my all-time favorite movies and have watched it at least 30-50 times since ive had it
on February 16, 2015
I watched this movie because I am Johnny Depp's fan and I found that this is his best role after the role in fear and loathing in Las Vegas. I think it is an underrated movie comparing with other similar movies. I think Blow deserves much more from the critics and to be recognized more due to the perfect story which is based on true story, the sequence in the film is written and directed very well. Johnny Depp's acting was spectacular as usual. the ending made me feel sorry about Jung's life "Depp". Blow is better than Scarface or any other similar movies by years.