The Bunny Game [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This movie starts out showing us the daily life of a prositute in Hollywood named "Bunny". This film does not hold back showing us Bunny's dark, empty reality & everything is shown raw because well, isn't that life? We see that she is pretty much dead on the inside, selling her body & her soul to feed her hungry addiction to drugs. After we are drawn into her world, we watch as she is picked up by a trucker named "Hog". Bunny thinks this is just going to be another trick that she's going to turn for money so that she can eat & buy her drugs. But what happens instead is a life-altering experience that is going to take her on a journey to a place darker than any place she could've ever imagined.
Hog abducts Bunny & drives her out into a desert in California where they are completely deserted & isolated. He chains her up in the back of his truck & uses every way imaginable to taunt, humiliate, abuse, torture & break her, emotionally, spiritually & physically. He spits in her face, he slaps her, he forces her to crawl around the desert naked on all fours with a collar around her neck, he molests her, he films her every move & makes her watch everything that he's done to her previously. He tortures her mind & her soul.Read more ›
A drug-addicted prostitute accepts a ride from a truck driver who kidnaps her and proceeds to torture her in the makeshift dungeon in his trailer. That's it.
The first twenty or so minutes is comprised of mostly of her repeatedly snorting cocaine and being taken advantage of by her clients. The rest is her screaming and shouting obscenities at her abductor while he physically, sexually and psychologically tortures her.
At 76 minutes, the movie seems to go on for hours. It takes something truly remarkable to make subject matter this sordid seem so banal.
1. Zero character development. We want to know why the characters act like they do.
2. Scenes that should be only a few seconds long, stretched out for minutes and minutes.
3. Jerky, swinging camera work that makes the viewer nauseous.
4. Extremely quick cuts that disorient the viewer.
All of this adds up to a movie that you KNOW is a movie. If the director would have just shot a straightforward film, and involved us in the characters, he would have had something. What a shame he was more interested in showing off.
1. This is the feel-bad movie of the year. Maybe of the decade.
2. Filmed entirely in black and white, this movie is partly art film, partly torture porn, partly regular porn, and partly industrial music video. It's nothing more or less than a depiction of the total destruction of a young woman..
3. The movie starts out depressing as we meet a miserable, empty, homeless prostitute with a drug habit. She feels dead inside and goes through humiliating sexual experiences so that she can pay for her next fix. She meets a trucker and they share cocaine (this is the happiest part of the whole movie). Then the trucker knocks her out and chains her to the back of his trailer. After that, the movie is not depressing anymore... it's worse. The rest of the movie documents the way the trucker tortures and terrorizes the prostitute in nightmarish, horrifying ways. Well, except for a few breaks when we witness flashbacks of the trucker as he terrorizes, tortures and kills a different girl.
4. The movie should come with a trigger warning - people who have been in extremely abusive situations should probably not watch it.
5. This movie is banned in Britain because of the way the subject matter is handled.
6. The performances of the two main characters are amazing; they are the most talented new actors I've seen in a long time. Rodleen Getsic stars as the prostitute. She also helped write the script. Jeff Renfro plays the trucker, and he is one of the most disturbing (and disturbed) villains ever put on screen.
7. As bizarre and vile as the film is, it is also oddly compelling. I wanted to turn the movie off, but I couldn't, because it's so stylish that it kind of hypnotized me.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If I have to talk about this video as a movie's sake, it is more then horrible.
But if I may talk about this video as a music video's sake, it is amazingly done piece of... Read more
Boring, boring, boring. Tried to find a "deeper message", there isn't one. Sad.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Does anyone else seem to have a hard time playing this dvd? I have purchased 3 copies of this movie and tried playing it on 2 different DVD players and it keeps freezing up on both... Read morePublished 3 months ago by RiverPhoenix fan
Not only is what I've seen of this film tame, the disc cut out on me and 7 minutes of the mid point went missing. Don't waste your money.Published 4 months ago by Melinda
Not gory but worth watching just to see what the 'psyhco' truck driver will do next.Published 5 months ago by Rusk