Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on February 2, 2014
Well, I haven't got that far yet in the game to give a full thought out review of this game but so far since playing this game, I really think it's okay when it comes to the story and cutscenes. I think that's what this game was more focused on, what happened after the original events of the first Blue Dragon on Xbox 360. I still love that game by the way and I was happy to see Nene making a return in this one plus not to mention his awesome theme music I loved from the original game but anyway, I thought this game would be like Final Fantasy Tactics in some ways but only feeling of Tactics is it being strategy but not a great one. I have been trying to find strategy RPG's like FF tactics for awhile and none really comes close. if anyone knows of any on the DS/3DS I would like to know and even on the Xbox 360. I just don't feel Real time strategy is for me, I like when you move in the checker board type of battlefield and take turns and attack and use magic and items. I like those kinda games in this one there is really no customization either. Yeah, you put on items to boost your skills but I just wish you could do more like in a FF Tactics kinda game. The World map is bland, if i can even call it a world map, no stores to buy or take on quests and the battles seem very easy to win and it's just fighting after fighting with a cutscene here and there. I just believe this game's main focus is just to tell what happened after Nene's defeat because it doesn't focus much on gameplay and content. I honestly feel bored of this game. I mean maybe it gets better if I play more but then again, not sure if I will have much motivation to finish this game or go farther on but so far this is the review I feel fits this game in my opinion. I recommend if you enjoy the Blue Dragon series but if you wanted a Final Fantasy Tactics or good strategy RPG, then this is something that I believe you should pass on and not waste the time and money.
on July 4, 2011
Only slightly short, otherwise an excellent game.
Exceptionally reminiscent of all of the themes of Blue Dragon without emulating the game play, and a fine continuation of the Blue Dragon storyline.
Commanding small squads is a bit awkward, because selecting them is fairly unpleasant. In the same vein, choosing characters and abilities is a time consuming task, but necessary for victory, so you will spend less time commanding your troops and more time selecting and reorganizing your units to use their overpowered abilities.
The ability to shift units around for free after every battle nullified the purpose of having multiple squads, and just allows you to complete the game more quickly.

Three games for the DS have done this type of game really well. Lost Magic, Blue Dragon, and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. Lost Magic focuses on the casting of abilities, while Revenant Wings focuses on troop command. Blue Dragon offers an experience which is between these two. If you enjoyed the story, music, and characters from Blue Dragon, you will likely enjoy this game.
on July 9, 2016
Amazing :)
on October 2, 2015
I've only played it a little. So far, it isn't as fun as Blue Dragon--one of my all time favorites.
on October 5, 2016
game works great
on August 11, 2012
Blue Dragon is a srategy rpg like dune and command and conquer.It does round up then story though the play can get monotonis. It is fairly fun but short and kind of easy.I would recommend it to hard core blue dragon fans wanting to see the story advance
on March 4, 2015
A very fun and RPG game with great characters and plots!
on July 11, 2015
all good
on February 19, 2010
I honestly do not understand a lot of the hate that this game has been getting. While not in the same ballpark as the original 360 title (how COULD it be?) it is still a fun semi-sequel that tells a fun-filled story and offers a traditional JRPG level of difficulty to the battles.

The battle interface may be a mixed bag, but this reviewer found it to be highly intuitive and simple to manipulate. Perhaps on an older model DS, where the touch sensitivity was lacking, would someone encounter an issue, but with a DSi, I noticed no problems at all.

Bottom line, this game deserves better than the lashings it has taken in the press - it is unfair to compare it with a game on a much more advanced dedicated console like the XBox 360 - I think that the developers did a fine job of bringing the game to the small screen.
on February 26, 2011
Its a good game that should last you long time but the only thing wrong with it is how game over works if any enemy gets on the upper part of the world map its game over so a little tip is always have a party on top gaurding, make sure the king jibrel is not on top gaurding though as its game over if that happen but any other characters are fine, and make two save files at least. good luck and enjoy.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.