Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Blue Floral Cast Iron Teapot, 34-Ounce, Blue Floral” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 68% off the $75.73 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.29 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Blue Floral Cast Iron Teapot, 34-Ounce, Blue Floral
|You Save:||$7.17 (20%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CAST IRON BREWING: One of the most common materials when crafting teapots, cast iron is beneficial due to the way it evenly absorbs heat. The gradual and even heating from the cast iron infuses the greatest amount of flavor from the tea leaves into the water. This strengthens the flavor of the tea, and any positive nutrients the leaves contain are also infused into the water. Cast iron also retains heat much better than any other material.
- MASTERFUL DESIGN: In addition to its excellent heat retention, our Cast Iron Teapot features a fully enameled interior that not only makes cleaning easier, but helps to prevent the build-up of rust and oxidation. It includes a stainless steel infuser for loose or bagged tea that ensures it will not alter or detract from the taste of your brew.
- BEAUTIFUL AESTHETIC: Professionally crafted with a gorgeous cobalt blue floral pattern reminiscent of Japanese cherry blossoms, Primula’s Cast Iron Teapot is as much decoration, centerpiece, and conversation starter as it is a superior brewing device.
- USE AND CARE: To use, add loose or bagged tea into the infuser and insert it into the teapot. Slowly pour hot water over the tea and allow it to steep to 3-5 minutes, and enjoy. To clean, do not use any dish washing detergent. Instead, use only clean water. Do not leave tea or water in the pot for longer than an hour, and dry thoroughly after each use. Not dishwasher safe.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Package includes (1) blue floral 34 oz. Primula Cast Iron Teapot with lid and Stainless Steel infuser. Please note: Not for stovetop use. Water should be boiled in another vessel first.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
Add loose tea
Add bagged tea
Slowly pour hot water over the tea
Allow to steep 3 - 5 minutes, to taste
Hot Tea Health Benefits
Jasmine: Harmonizes the stomach, regulates vital energy, nourishes the liver, and improves visual acuity.
Green tea: Made with steamed tea leaves, it has a high concentration of antioxidants that defend against many types of cancers and clogging of the arteries. It helps to reduce risk of neurological disorders and works to improve cholesterol levels.
Black tea: Made with fermented tea leaves and is highly caffeinated. Studies suggest that it may reduce the risk of stroke.
White tea: Has the most potent anticancer properties compared to more processed teas.
Oolong tea: Contributes to lowering bad cholesterol levels.
Heat Absorption and Nutrients Extraction
Cast iron absorbs heat evenly allowing the tea to provide a pronounced flavor and optimal nutrient extraction.
Compare to similar items
This item Blue Floral Cast Iron Teapot, 34-Ounce, Blue Floral
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Material Type||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron|
At Primula, we create items by exploring how people prepare beverages in different cultures, and work to understand the experience and ritual behind these preparations. Identifying why people love different and unique beverages is the first step in our creative process, our products are designed to exceed the expectations of our customers. Cast iron teapots have been used in the popular whole-tea leaf ceremonies in Japan dating back to the 17th century. Primula’s exquisite cast iron teapot designs are inspired by the traditional Japanese culture and capture the original function of preserving heat and evenly infusing the natural nutrients from your loose leaf tea. Our enamel interior coating prevents oxidation of the cast iron, preserving the beauty and durability of your teapot. So enjoy the splendor of our beautiful designs and the magic of a wonderful tea experience. At Primula, something extraordinary is brewing.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Right size - my previous one was 25 oz, and it was too small for the family of 3 people. This one is just right.
2. Spout tip is bent downwards - you'd be surprised how many of those have straight spouts, which makes it nearly impossible to use them without creating a mess. This one however does not spill a single drop.
3. Build quality is very good.
4. Price/value ratio is probably the lowest of what is available on the market.
1.) It rusts/chips/etc...
To this I would say just take care of it. I have been using this teapot nearly daily for months with no apparent damage. All you need to do is rinse it out and dry it after use.
2.) It does not hold enough tea.
This sounds like it's straight out of the country of 48 oz soda cups. This holds plenty of tea for four if you are having reasonable sized servings.
3.) The tea does not stay warm long.
Just as with any teapot, you warm the pot with hot water before adding the water from the kettle to make the tea. Otherwise, the cold cast iron will, naturally, cool the tea quickly. I thought this was SOP for making tea...
Overall an excellent teapot and I would readily purchase it again.
Still, this is a great teapot that I would recommend. I was a bit skeptical of the quality upon learning that it's from China, but it seems to be well made. It pours smoothly with no drips and is easy to handle despite the weight. I used it with a tealight warmer, and the tea stayed decently hot until I finished it all an hour later.
I was for the longest time against metal teapots as I thought they gave a strange taste to my cup of heaven, guess I just had the wrong pots. I will never again use ceramic, for my ritual cups, after using this. The temperature consistency, the rate at which it reaches temperature, and the length of time it holds the temperature, is phenomenal. With a simple warm up with tap water and then properly boiled water poured in this pot stays hot for hours. The temperature qualities also result in the smoothest tasting cup of tea as all the heat goes to the tea.
The pot is not only utilitarian, it is beautiful. The details and colors are amazing and it is the centerpiece of any counter or table I put it on. The construction is amazing, the internal coating heavy and rugged and the exterior as well. The handle is well attached and swings easily and transports the surprisingly heavy pot with confidence. The spot pours evenly and the lid fits tight and surely every time. The stainless steel infuser is also of high quality.
If I had to pick one gripe, it would be that the folds in the infuser screen can catch used tea and make cleaning it a bit more of a chore than it could be.