Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

This is a fun little book, fitting right into the canon of Boynton's other books. The text is quite sparse, the illustrations simple and funny.

I would note that we've found with this book, to really engage our son, the reader has to do a lot of work! Because the text is so sparse, we've had to embellish it a bit with explanations--explaining what the turkey continues to do wrong when trying to get dressed, like his friends. I don't mean this as a criticism, though--it's actually a compliment. It lets the reader be an active participant in the book, engaging the child with dialogue that, hopefully, leads to learning and interest.

Also, you'll find yourself saying "oops!" a lot when you find what the turkey is wearing, almost always incorrectly. You'll be surprised at how many different tones of voices, inflection, volumes, etc. you can use with the word "oops!"
on April 12, 2017
Oops! Is the favorite part for our kids. They know it's coming and love it every time they hear oops! I love giving this book to new Moms. A great gift!
on December 3, 2016
Best book for very young and beginning readers. First bought this book for my daughter about 23 years ago. Bought it again before one of my grandsons started school. Now his younger brother enjoys it. Warning: Produces lots of giggles. A great first book.
on March 15, 2016
The "Oops Book" - one of my kids' favorites and the first book they "read" to me...and dad...and the grandparents...and anyone else who would sit still long enough to be "read" to! Definitely one of the best board books out there.
on September 17, 2015
Cute book and printed in the USA. So few cardboard books are. Babies chew on their cardboard books. What materials and dyes are used is very important and there have been enough problems with lead or other bad things in toys that are imported that I am always happy to see made in USA on a toy.
on November 20, 2013
I can't say enough good about this book. It is fun to read and pre-schoolers (3 & 4s) love it. I wish it came in a bigger size, but I have managed to use it with large groups, small groups, and individual children. It helps me in my work to see if children realize the pattern and see what is funny/mistaken (the Turkey always gets something wrong with where the Turkey puts on various clothing items). Also helps children practice observation skills, describing what they see the Turkey doing wrong, and what the the Turkey should do instead.
on January 18, 2008
My daughter enjoys this book a lot, and I enjoy watching her enjoy it. The reviewer that gave this book 1 star said that the book does not teach kids anything and is therefore boring and useless, I disagree: it teaches names of clothes, body parts they are meant to be worn on, colors, and animals. I think it's an awful lot for a tiny little book with very few words! It is very effective, too, after about a month of having this, my 20-months old "read" one of the pages on her own: "hat, hat, hat, oh-oh". :-) I don't know about you, but sounds like she totally got it for me!
The one criticism that I do agree with is the poor choice of "oops" animal - it's a turkey, and it does look like it has a sock draped over its face, I can see my little one hesitate every once in a while on that one... I wish the artist would have either done a better job on that or picked a simpler animal. But I am not sure it's worthy of taking away a star, if I could take away a half - maybe...
on April 19, 2016
This is a favorite in our house! My 5, 3 and 1 year old LOVE to read this with me. There is a bonus too, it is a simple enough text that my 5 and 3 year old can read it on their own and often read it to each other. It is also great to teach a few simple colors to young ones who love to read. It has a little silly humor too, so it keeps your kiddos laughing!
on December 5, 2016
 I ordered this and was super surprised by how quickly our little one responded to it. We are big on reading and she will sit by herself quite a bit, not knowing how to ready yet, but definitely recognizing quite a bit of what is going on. So Saturday morning she grabs this book and has a seat and turning each page, she keeps saying, "oh no!" as she sees what is happening with the entirely too silly turkey. It is a super easy read, cute as can be and being a board book making it pretty sturdy! Excellent purchase, I'd highly recommend for little readers.
My toddler loves this book and I love reading it with her. I can see her little mind working to figure out colors, sequence, relationships, and humor. ^_^ Sandra Boynton never disappoints the goldfish and grape juice set. This chunky board book will make a fine addition to your bedtime reading arsenal and see you through 'till the 'Cat in the Hat' years.