Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Blue Hat, Green Hat was in a stack of new books I purchased for my granddaughter's 2nd Birthday. Since she knows her colors and her clothing, I wasn't sure if she was going to enjoy this book more than once or twice, but it's a Boynton so I gave it to her anyway. She not only enjoys it, after I read it to her twice I heard her "reading" it to herself! She didn't miss a thing! I love the way the author included animals, clothing, colors and a twist at the end! Sandra Boynton has such a gift for teaching our littles, they don't know they are being taught, to a little it is all entertainment! I wonder what she could do with High School Physics and Chemistry?

I would recommend this book for any family library. It's a book that can be read to the very youngest, the pictures are clear and the "slip ups" of the turkey are hysterical - Oops! Sheer genius!
This is a fun little book, fitting right into the canon of Boynton's other books. The text is quite sparse, the illustrations simple and funny.

I would note that we've found with this book, to really engage our son, the reader has to do a lot of work! Because the text is so sparse, we've had to embellish it a bit with explanations--explaining what the turkey continues to do wrong when trying to get dressed, like his friends. I don't mean this as a criticism, though--it's actually a compliment. It lets the reader be an active participant in the book, engaging the child with dialogue that, hopefully, leads to learning and interest.

Also, you'll find yourself saying "oops!" a lot when you find what the turkey is wearing, almost always incorrectly. You'll be surprised at how many different tones of voices, inflection, volumes, etc. you can use with the word "oops!"
on December 10, 2017
Sandra Boynton . . . is the BEST! All of her books are so great for little ones. My little one loves the identification of colors and clothing items . . . then surprise . . . the turkey puts everything on all wrong! It brings sweet giggles. Buy all of her books . . . you can't go wrong.
on March 27, 2018
We love Sandra Boynton books but this one is hard to read, flows is off and doesn’t have a cute rhyme like her other books. Illustrations are nice and we talk about the animals in the pictures and are working on identifying colors. Otherwise I’m pretty sure my 2 yr old finds this book boring.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on September 17, 2015
Cute book and printed in the USA. So few cardboard books are. Babies chew on their cardboard books. What materials and dyes are used is very important and there have been enough problems with lead or other bad things in toys that are imported that I am always happy to see made in USA on a toy.
on April 19, 2016
This is a favorite in our house! My 5, 3 and 1 year old LOVE to read this with me. There is a bonus too, it is a simple enough text that my 5 and 3 year old can read it on their own and often read it to each other. It is also great to teach a few simple colors to young ones who love to read. It has a little silly humor too, so it keeps your kiddos laughing!
on March 31, 2015
Based on the reviews I really thought I would like this book. I really enjoyed The Going to be Bed by Boynton. It's my daughter's favorite book!!! I don't like how this book doesn't have a story. It's just colors and the articles of clothing. The pictures are cute but my daughter isn't going to understand what's going on in the pictures. Plus it's not fun to read! I find this book to be a waste of $4. Pretty disappointed !
on August 13, 2016
My kids love to read this book - every night, "Blue hat, Green Hat" It mysteriously gets misplaced from time to time until it can be tolerated again. But it is a wonderful way for them to recognize colors, and is a great early reader. Let your kids read it themselves - the color recognition will make it easy for them to get familiar with the flow of the book and feel like they are reading it before they can actually read.
on February 25, 2018
Maybe just me, but I don't really understand the "oops" part of every page. It just seems confusing for a baby book.
It is colorful, but I have found other baby books (Jane Foster) that I prefer so much over this one.
on April 3, 2018
This has been a family favorite for 20 years....I read this to all 3 of my nephews and they would laugh and smile every time I pulled it out. Sandra Boynton is the BEST at board books and would recommend it for anyone.