Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2017
Sandra Boynton . . . is the BEST! All of her books are so great for little ones. My little one loves the identification of colors and clothing items . . . then surprise . . . the turkey puts everything on all wrong! It brings sweet giggles. Buy all of her books . . . you can't go wrong.
on November 20, 2013
I can't say enough good about this book. It is fun to read and pre-schoolers (3 & 4s) love it. I wish it came in a bigger size, but I have managed to use it with large groups, small groups, and individual children. It helps me in my work to see if children realize the pattern and see what is funny/mistaken (the Turkey always gets something wrong with where the Turkey puts on various clothing items). Also helps children practice observation skills, describing what they see the Turkey doing wrong, and what the the Turkey should do instead.
on January 18, 2008
My daughter enjoys this book a lot, and I enjoy watching her enjoy it. The reviewer that gave this book 1 star said that the book does not teach kids anything and is therefore boring and useless, I disagree: it teaches names of clothes, body parts they are meant to be worn on, colors, and animals. I think it's an awful lot for a tiny little book with very few words! It is very effective, too, after about a month of having this, my 20-months old "read" one of the pages on her own: "hat, hat, hat, oh-oh". :-) I don't know about you, but sounds like she totally got it for me!
The one criticism that I do agree with is the poor choice of "oops" animal - it's a turkey, and it does look like it has a sock draped over its face, I can see my little one hesitate every once in a while on that one... I wish the artist would have either done a better job on that or picked a simpler animal. But I am not sure it's worthy of taking away a star, if I could take away a half - maybe...
on April 19, 2016
This is a favorite in our house! My 5, 3 and 1 year old LOVE to read this with me. There is a bonus too, it is a simple enough text that my 5 and 3 year old can read it on their own and often read it to each other. It is also great to teach a few simple colors to young ones who love to read. It has a little silly humor too, so it keeps your kiddos laughing!
on December 5, 2016
 I ordered this and was super surprised by how quickly our little one responded to it. We are big on reading and she will sit by herself quite a bit, not knowing how to ready yet, but definitely recognizing quite a bit of what is going on. So Saturday morning she grabs this book and has a seat and turning each page, she keeps saying, "oh no!" as she sees what is happening with the entirely too silly turkey. It is a super easy read, cute as can be and being a board book making it pretty sturdy! Excellent purchase, I'd highly recommend for little readers.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
My toddler loves this book and I love reading it with her. I can see her little mind working to figure out colors, sequence, relationships, and humor. ^_^ Sandra Boynton never disappoints the goldfish and grape juice set. This chunky board book will make a fine addition to your bedtime reading arsenal and see you through 'till the 'Cat in the Hat' years.
on July 24, 2015
My kids love the silliness of Sandra Boynton and this book is no exception. All three have enjoyed it over the years and the board book is a perfect format for the youngest readers. There is not any plot in this book, in case that is what you are looking for. Just some silly fun that always has my kids giggling. We have ordered in the past and got a new one as a gift.
on August 15, 2017
I have bought dozens and dozens of Boynton books in many titles. I buy them for newborns, birthday presents for friend's children and my own grandchildren She is a wonderful author and all her books are winners. I don't have to drive to the bookstore, hunt for them and then wrap and mail them. Amazon does it all!
on July 23, 2015
I've read this book to my baby for a few months now. At first she was kind of meh about it but quickly started to love it and the "oops!". Now at 10 months old she has started to point to the pictures as I read them out and is trying to say oops. It's really awesome to see that she's learning from this book. Plus it's short so I'm not losing my mind from extensive repetition.
on March 2, 2015
I expected this to be about hats based on the title....I bought this in conjuction with "The Hat" by Jan Brett after reading other recommendations. While it's a cute story, it focus's on colors and other articles of clothing using the primary colors and animals. A really silly read, which my preschoolers ask to be read over and over again.