Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Board book|Change

Showing 1-10 of 395 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 542 reviews
on February 23, 2015
This is a fun little book, fitting right into the canon of Boynton's other books. The text is quite sparse, the illustrations simple and funny.

I would note that we've found with this book, to really engage our son, the reader has to do a lot of work! Because the text is so sparse, we've had to embellish it a bit with explanations--explaining what the turkey continues to do wrong when trying to get dressed, like his friends. I don't mean this as a criticism, though--it's actually a compliment. It lets the reader be an active participant in the book, engaging the child with dialogue that, hopefully, leads to learning and interest.

Also, you'll find yourself saying "oops!" a lot when you find what the turkey is wearing, almost always incorrectly. You'll be surprised at how many different tones of voices, inflection, volumes, etc. you can use with the word "oops!"
on July 27, 2015
I love Sandra Boynton books, but this one is a bit of a miss for us. My son is about a year old, and definitely way too young to get the subtle humor in this story. Unlike some of her other books, like Happy Hippo Angry Duck, Barnyard Dance, Snuggle Puppy, and The Going to Bed Book, which all have silly plots that make it fun reading for the parent too, this book really doesn't have much of a plot. It pretty much just goes through colors like red hat, blue hat, green hat, with different animals wearing the colored hats. Then, there is a chicken with the item of clothing on the wrong body part. I am hoping this book will come in handy when my son is older and learning colors and how to dress himself, but right now, I put it away because it just isn't fun to read like Boynton's other books.
on January 19, 2016
My toddler loves this book and I love reading it with her. I can see her little mind working to figure out colors, sequence, relationships, and humor. ^_^ Sandra Boynton never disappoints the goldfish and grape juice set. This chunky board book will make a fine addition to your bedtime reading arsenal and see you through 'till the 'Cat in the Hat' years.
on December 5, 2016
 I ordered this and was super surprised by how quickly our little one responded to it. We are big on reading and she will sit by herself quite a bit, not knowing how to ready yet, but definitely recognizing quite a bit of what is going on. So Saturday morning she grabs this book and has a seat and turning each page, she keeps saying, "oh no!" as she sees what is happening with the entirely too silly turkey. It is a super easy read, cute as can be and being a board book making it pretty sturdy! Excellent purchase, I'd highly recommend for little readers.
on July 24, 2015
My kids love the silliness of Sandra Boynton and this book is no exception. All three have enjoyed it over the years and the board book is a perfect format for the youngest readers. There is not any plot in this book, in case that is what you are looking for. Just some silly fun that always has my kids giggling. We have ordered in the past and got a new one as a gift.
on May 26, 2016
My baby (26-month girl) and I checked our this book from the library and she really loved this book. And whenever she reads a book. moo baa la la la by the same writer, she always points out Blue Hat on the back of the book (which we can see the series of books from the same writer.). So, my hubby and I want to buy this one for her, and when she found this book on the dining table, she picked up and gave it to me to read with me. When I read "Oops" for every page, she make a big laughing. That makes me happy as well. Really funny and enjoyable book for my baby. I read this book at least 10 times today. And more for tomorrow with happiness.
on April 12, 2017
Oops! Is the favorite part for our kids. They know it's coming and love it every time they hear oops! I love giving this book to new Moms. A great gift!
on July 10, 2016
Our 23 month old son LOVES this book. He laughs every time the hat is on the foot instead of the head and it says "OOPS!" This is an age appropriate book because our son loves to play around by putting hats and other things on his head. He loves different animals and making animal sounds when he sees them. And he is learning his colors and likes to point out and say the different colors of the hats. This is a great little board book that I'm so glad we bought, and I'd highly recommend it for toddlers!
on July 11, 2016
Fun book with short sentences.
The turkey is silly.
My 2 year old loves saying "oops"
love Boynton Books!Also these books are prunted on heavy cardboard that stand up tp a lot of abuse. My toddler not only loves reading these, but sometimes takes them into the bed overnight. I know it makes for a strange cuddle buddy but at least I don't have to worry about whether or not the book is going to survive the night. We've had others that were not so lucky.
on August 13, 2016
My kids love to read this book - every night, "Blue hat, Green Hat" It mysteriously gets misplaced from time to time until it can be tolerated again. But it is a wonderful way for them to recognize colors, and is a great early reader. Let your kids read it themselves - the color recognition will make it easy for them to get familiar with the flow of the book and feel like they are reading it before they can actually read.