Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $12.99 shipping
4 Year Asurion Musical Instrument Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Blue Microphones Robbie Microphone Preamplifier
|Price:||$999.99 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Fully discrete input stage, tube gain stage and solid-state output stage
- Single large backlit potentiometer (gain) and 1/4 hi-Z instrument input in front
- Balanced XLR mic input, balanced XLR line output, polarity switch, -20 dB pad, input selector switch (mic/instrument) and phantom power on/off in back
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Blue Icicle XLR to USB Mic Converter/Mic Preamp
Grace Design m101 Single channel microphone preamplifier
ART VoiceChannel Tube Channel Strip With Digital Outs
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools | First
ART Tube MP/C Tube Pre-Amplifier/Opto-Compressor-Limiter Project Series
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||AudioTopia||Amazon.com||Dale Pro Audio||Liquid Audio Inc||Amazon.com||Gear Hero HQ|
|Item Dimensions||5 x 8.5 x 8.5 in||5 x 8 x 8 in||14.3 x 16.5 x 4.7 in||—||6.93 x 1.93 x 4.29 in||6.7 x 10.6 x 2.7 in|
Simplicity of design. Purity of sound. Meet Robbie, Blue’s Class-A discrete tube microphone and instrument preamplifier. All of the technical quality and design innovation that goes into our line of award-winning microphones has been engineered into making Robbie one of the finest tube preamps available today. With no ICs and only the highest- quality discrete components from input to output, Robbie is one of the quietest (-131 dB EIN @ 50 ohms) and most detailed (THD 0.006%) tube preamps available today. It features audiophile-grade ultra low noise metal film resistors and polystyrene capacitors, and provides the user with the best of both worlds: An electronically-balanced, fully discrete input stage, tube gain stage (ECC88 twin triode), and an electronically-balanced solid-state output stage. There is no switching crossover distortion anywhere in the completely balanced audio signal path. And if that’s not enough, Robbie achieves and amazing 34dB headroom before clipping! Elegance and simplicity are the driving forces behind our design philosophy, and Robbie is no exception. The front panel features a single large backlit potentiometer (gain) and 1/4 hi-Z instrument input. On the back, you’ll find the power cable input, power switch, balanced XLR mic input, balanced XLR line output, polarity switch, -20 dB pad, input selector switch (mic/instrument) and phantom power on/off.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Read other reviews. This is not going to mellow your input through the magic of a tube modeled preamp. Not at all. What it will do, and do flawlessly, is boost the record levels very nicely without adding any additional noise to the signal. Yes, it will smooth out the sound, but not dramatically.
I do voice only, so I am not going to comment on using this as DI device. For voice, with a top line dynamic mic, I've found that the voice comes across very pure, with no additional color added and just a hint of smoothing on the rasps. With a condenser, there is no detectable noise added when the phantom power is used, a problem I had when using the phantom power from my mixer.
Before buying this unit, I'd tried mic preamps from Behringer (tube) and Audio Buddy (non-tube). The Berhinger was the closest to what I was looking for, but it did not sound as clean as Robbie does. Yes, the price does make a difference.
Is it worth the price difference? Only your ears can answer that. For me, the answer is YES!