Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(1 star). See all 1,065 reviews
on March 29, 2017
Mic started getting quieter well after a year. Now it hardly picks up anything. Nobody can hear me.
on July 3, 2016
after 2 months of use the connector on the back breaks easily, i only used it like 10 times, don't recommend at all
on July 24, 2016
I bought this mic to stream because it had great reviews. It is not great. It is advertised as a gaming mic or for recording music but the USB plug given only works when plugged into a USB 2.0. If you try plugging it in to anything newer than that, meaning a USB 3.0, it does not work. This is a huge problem because most people who would use this for gaming or recording are going to have newer computers that aren't all equipped with USB 2.0. Blue's customer help simply states to turn the cord upside down but a quick glance at the cord and the spacial recognition of a 6 year old could tell you that the shape doesn't match upside down.
on February 7, 2015
Do not buy. Some of these have defective USB interfaces for which there is no fix.
on October 7, 2015
Does NOT work on Linux at all. Maybe it's this revision that I got. Back to Amazon it goes. A simple USB device...really. To Audio Technica I go.

[ 792.982557] usb 4-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 42 using ehci-pci
[ 793.388689] usb 4-1.1: device not accepting address 42, error -32
[ 793.455292] usb 4-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 43 using ehci-pci
[ 793.861413] usb 4-1.1: device not accepting address 43, error -32
[ 793.861539] usb 4-1-port1: unable to enumerate USB device
on August 1, 2014
Is not recognized by my Windows 8.1 computer. It worked for a day and then broke beyond usability. I am hoping it is just defective and I am gonna replace for a hopefully working one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 28, 2017
This microphone does not properly work with Windows 10 (or Windows 8 and 8.1). Just search Google for "blue snowball usb windows 10 quiet" and you'll find a plethora of message threads about problems with low gain from this microphone. The problem is Blue does not provide custom drivers to fix the issue and by default Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 do not include a gain boost option in the "Levels" tab in the sound input configuration menu.

I contacted Blue about this over email, it took them a week to respond and all they did was request a recorded sound sample. I provided one and then waited another week until I received an email that said nothing about the input levels or quiet recording. I then called support the next day and wound up talking to the same person who had emailed me! This surprised me, because I don't know why she could immediately respond to a phone call but it took her a week to respond by email.

She was completely unhelpful and just kept blaming the problem on me and my setup. She continued to do this even after I explained a $10 microphone connected to the line-in was louder than the Blue Snowball. As I was trying to explain the situation and also ask her what my return options were in case I already had missed the Amazon return window, she cut me off and then hung up on me!

I have since picked up a USB microphone that includes a hardware gain boost and that has solved the problem. Avoid this microphone if you want it to just work without using a third-party driver (don't do that, it's a good way to get malware) or a specific recording program that can boost the input. I'd also recommend avoiding Blue as a company based on my experience with their customer support.
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 23, 2016
Not entirely whether this is just a defective unit, but the sound on this was just awful. It made me sound like I was a robot, and my S sounds made the microphone hiss really bad regardless of if I was on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd settings that were included on the back of the Snowball. I'm thinking I likely got a defective unit, as I've heard other people using this particular microphone and it sounded fine. Regardless, I'm just gonna get my money back instead of risking getting another defective one by getting a replacement.
on July 10, 2016
I've had it a month now and it doesn't work! When I'm recording a voiceover the playback is horrible. The volume goes up and down for some reason. Also the ball sowsnt stay up while im recording, it keeps sliding down. I can't even return this what a waste of money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 21, 2017
It seems as though 1 out of 20 people get a dud that is too quiet. Blue does not have a way to fix this issue other than a third party audio program to increase volume. This mic I got because it looked like the best for the price and a lot of good reviews. I'm sorry but I am a very unhappy customer and will be returning.