Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 219 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 498 reviews
on November 7, 2010
As I noted in my review of Evermore, the parallels between The Immortals series and Twilight are glaring. Unfortunately that holds true in book two and left me feeling more than a little peeved. Please note that I have read all of the Twilight books and was not a big fan (check out my reviews if you'd like to know why) and was a little dismayed to find such strong similarities between these series. At one point I swear I cringed and put my Kindle down when I came across this gem of a line in Blue Moon: "The lions are now lunching with lambs." I mean, really? Can you get more blatant? The notion that this book was not yanked for copyright infringement is mind-boggling. And New Moon - Blue Moon? Draw your own conclusions.

Though Damen does not disappear in Blue Moon as Edward does in New Moon (I can't believe I just wrote that), the parallels are still there as Damen becomes "unavailable" to Ever as he falls under the spell of Roman (the bad guy). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that these are ostensibly the same story arcs. Boy loves girl, girl loves boy, they are bound by some unfathomable connection that is neither explained nor fleshed out, and they are then forced apart. UGH!

The ending is rushed and again Ms. Noel waits until the final pages of the book to dump long-winded, unbelievable narrative on the reader which is designed to "explain" the mystery of why Roman has it in for Damen. Only it doesn't really work. It comes off as forced and contrived, as if the author was struggling for a way in which to reveal the truth and didn't quite know how to do it. It's a cop out and I hate when authors employ this kind of tactic, it's insulting to the reader and ultimately leaves one feeling manipulated.

Another issue I have is that there is no evolution of these characters. Nothing has changed from the first book except the situation. I have no greater understanding of the relationship, I have no sense that Ever is developing, maturing, as a character and I feel as though the author is struggling to build off an already weak framework instead of shoring up the foundation. Book two in most series is usually a perfect opportunity to delve into characters lives'. But that simply doesn't happen here, instead we're thrust into a meandering plot, with little to no character development and another mystery which the author doesn't reveal until the final pages.

Again, if you're interested in a paranormal romance with a strong plot and great characters check out these titles which are both planned trilogies: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh & Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade. For a good stand-alone novel try: Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender. Just my two cents.

I'm going on to book three now, as I plan to see this through to its completion. But I'm going in with a clenched jaw and crossed fingers, not a good sign.
on November 8, 2010
By far the best book of the series so far. I gave book one three stars and book two I gave two stars because they just weren't hitting the marks for me as a reader (check my reviews for the reasons why).

Here's what I liked and why this book stands out more than its predecessors:
The introduction of Jude who, as supporting cast goes, is by far the best character in the series. Let me explain why: I can see who he is. He's an actual person, not the vanilla offering of Ms. Noel in the form of Roman or Drina (boilerplate bad guys); Miles or Haven (the buddies - more on that below). Jude has dimension and, in my estimation, is the saving grace for this novel. The introduction of this character and the plot that comes along with him makes for a more interesting, more dynamic story.

Yes, there are still many parallels to Twilight, but thankfully not as many this go-round. Though one could argue that Jude and Jacob are fairly similar and there is no denying the story arc similarities (Roman's creation of an immortal army is far too similar to Victoria's vampire army in Eclipse). However, Jude and Jacob do differ and I appreciate that the story lines seem to be diverging slightly (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this continues). For those more seasoned readers it's clear why Jude is introduced and that it plays into the reincarnation aspect of the series, though how Jude fits in is not clear until the connection is revealed. Sure, the love triangle thing is a big element of stories these days, and most of the times if gets to be a little heavy handed, but in this particular novel it really works.

Though I'm not a fan of Roman's, primarily because I still don't really understand him as a character, I do like the possibility of him. There's something there, I'm not yet certain what it is and I'm hopeful that it's uncovered and not left to linger, but I think there may be a hint of something special. Yes, at the moment he's a little vanilla, as I noted above, but he's interesting enough to make me think there's some hope for him. *Fingers crossed*

Here's what I didn't like so much:
Damen's whining about karma and fate got under my skin, which is sad since he is really the one main character I find truly interesting in this series. At times I found myself saying "shut up already, we get it, you're a poor, tortured soul". I hate saying this, because I really didn't care for Twilight all that much, but Meyers handles this element of the book more effectively and in a less whiney fashion. Thankfully this drops off significantly near the middle of the book and Damen becomes less whiney and more insightful.

Here's a point that irks me tremendously. It bugged me a bit in book one, slightly more in book two and now it's driving me bonkers. Miles and Haven are the most banal characters I have had the misfortune of discovering. That Ever continues to refer to these two as her "best friends" is absurd. If I had friends like this I would run, not walk, as fast and as far away from them as humanly possible. Miles sees nothing more than his most recent fixation, his remarks are snarky and trite, to the point where I sigh when he's in a scene. I find his actions repugnant, the way in which he dismisses things that he finds boring is rude and, quite frankly, annoying. He's nice when it suits him and jerky when it doesn't. Haven is vapid. Flighty and unscrupulous in the way she negotiates situations makes her beyond unpalatable as a character. These qualities are all fine, if they're explained and put into context. That simply doesn't happen. They're both self-absorbed, narcissists that have no known motivation for being such. I just don't get it. That Ms. Noel attempts to balance out Haven and Miles' utter disregard of their friend by making Ever feel guilty for harboring so many secrets does not ring true and is a disingenuous device.

I find Ever's reaction to Sabine's dating Mr. Munoz, Ever's history teacher, a bit over the top. I mean really, who cares? It's the end of junior year, you probably won't have him again as a teacher and it's not like they're getting married, so why does it matter so much to you? I find it selfish and inconsiderate that she's so bothered by it. If her irritation stemmed from something real I could understand but by all accounts, Mr. Munoz seems to be a pretty decent guy and not out to hurt anyone. So what he knows you're psychic? He's kept that to himself so far, what's the big deal? I just never got why she was so fixated on this relationship.

Lastly, Ever's failure to heed warnings is getting a little old. In book two she acts impulsively and severs her connection with Damen and in book three she still hasn't learned her lesson and binds herself to Roman. It's becoming slightly unbelievable. I'd like to see some evolution of this character. Something that's been missing in all three books.

All things considered, I'm giving this novel four stars as it deserves it when looking at the entire body of work thus far. In the real world, would I give it a four star rating? No, probably not. But as it stands, it's the best book in the series and deserves to be rated higher than its predecessors. Now on to book four...
on October 22, 2015
When I read Evermore, I highly enjoyed it which made me get into the series more. It kind of dropped down a little when I finished reading Blue Moon. I'm one of those readers who sees any amount of cliches, and goes RLY??!!!!!!!! THAT IS SO PREDICTABLE!!!!!!!!!😈😈😈😈😈. Also I did read some other reviews before I bought the book and I do agree that Ever's character is not as good as I thought. Now what makes it all right in my opinion is that I love the imagination Noel put into Summerland and Ever did start doing things right near the end UNTIL THE ROMAN DUDE BLEW IT😤😤😤. And I like how Ever will risk time travel to get back her loved ones 😳. And I like the fantasy in the series because...........FANTASY IS BETTER THAN REALITY all said. Ok so that's what I thought. It would be great if you found this similar to what you think. NOW KITTY TIME😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😸😸😸😸😸😸
on October 26, 2013
I would recommend this book to all ages. As a matter of fact, I would recommend the entire series.It keeps you wondering what will ever happen between Damien and Ever, Romy and Rayne and finally Roman. I liked the book because there are no fancy words added just plain language to keep the reader entertained. The series has a little of everything in it, romance, love, betrayal,terror and a little bit about morality. Shadowland itself is mostly about finding an antidote to help Damien, but much more happens. I can't seem to put the book down, any of them!Ordering thru Amazon.com is the most efficient way of buying books. They are quick in the turn around, books get to me in less then a week and prices are incredibly low!It is safe. I have been extremely impressed with Amazon.com each time I order from them. If I order a used book for $3.99, the book comes to me in brand new shape!! I recommend all book buyers try Amazon.com!!!
on July 6, 2017
So frustrating I read the book in less than one day! When will Ever learn? The story is very well writen but I really don't understand how Ever has not allowed the events in the her recent past shape and mature her even a little. Obverall good twist. Can't wait to see the next installment.
Alyson's Noël's bestselling Immortals series has been hailed as "addictive" "beautiful" "haunting" and "mesmerizing." In the second installment, Ever can bring her family back from the dead--but only if she's willing to sacrifice the guy she loves more than life itself.

Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever's powers are increasing, Damen's are fading--stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life. (Summary from book and Amazon)

My Review

Alyson Noël (Alyson Noel)does a great job with this sequel. She continues with her beautiful writing style, in the way she creates the world in a way you see it, like really being there yourself.

I'll tell you, one thing, you better get ready for a wild ride that is filled with twisting paths and mystery, love and fantasy. The Immortals Series is so unique; it's like a breath of fresh air... I was on the edge of my seat, and stayed up late at night, to get more of Ever and Damen!

Blue Moon is a book so intriguing that you won't want to put it down. It will stun you as you read on to know about Ever and her mysterious past and future. We get some answers to questions that we had in Evermore, but then more questions will come up as well.

I enjoyed the chaos playing in Ever's world as she tried to figure it all out and fight back against Roman who had some odd vendetta against her and Damen.

Make sure you read Evermore first, then this one.

I highly recommend this book, especially if you like magical worlds, with twist and turns. It will leave you wanting more.
on January 15, 2010
... but I do. After the disappointing second book, I was still vested in Ever's and Damon's saga and their relationship. However, after a 3rd disappointing story, where the problems inherent in the first two novels are not addressed nor improved upon, I've come to the conclusion that this series is just not going to meet my expectations nor the potential I saw glimmers of in the concept for Evermore. The characters have still barely progressed from their initial introduction, and though the 3rd installment has introduced some new problems and personalities, their addition does not so much inspire the readers as irritate them. Ultimately, I've come to pity Damon- who may just qualify as a flawed, but likable and earnest, tortured hero- and wonder really who it is he's been pining for these last many centuries. Despite the tragedy of losing her immediate family, Ever has not since proven to me that she's a girl worth all this fight. So, I've given it up. I held out hope for the 3rd book and was disappointed again. I might read the 4th novel in the series, but it won't be until the price is drastically reduced or I can find it in the bargain bin. On a positive note, I did think that the quality of the writing improved in Shadowland, even if the quality of the plot did not. Overall, I caution: reader beware... your expectations will (still) not be fulfilled.
on November 4, 2009
I got the kindle version of this on a friend's recommendation. I read some of the reviews that compared it to Twilight. I really didn't see the Twilight connection at all which is a good thing. I liked the concept of the story so I kept reading. Only the more I read the more the heroine got on my nerves. I mean I know she's a 16yr old girl but couldn't they have given her more of a backbone? She was so insecure and lame. I mean hello!!! Damen has been in love with her for like 400 years. Always searching her out and connecting with her. How could she keep doubting that kind of love? Everybody has a past. It's called a past for a reason... You have to forge ahead and live in the present and make the future.

As for Damen, I loved him. He was a well thought out character and I love the fact that we got a glimpse into his past and how he came to be.

The whole Roman thing surprised me. I can't believe how powerful Damen was but yet he couldn't see what was right in front of him. Only a recently turned Ever was able to pick right up on the fact that something just wasn't right.

Last gripe I swear.... Could she have made just 1 right choice?? I mean did everything have to blow up in her face? I tried to root for her I really did but her stupidly kept getting in the way.

Now for the big question: Will I pick up Shadowland when it's released? Drum roll please..... Probably because I feel so bad for Damen and have to find out what happens to him. I feel disappointed on his behalf at having picked a whiny, insecure, stupid girl as his eternal love. But I'm pretty invested at this point after reading the last two books and I would be lying if I said I didn't care what happens. So I will bear Ever's stupidity a little longer in order to find out what happens to Demen. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment :)
on September 8, 2009
Though the premise of the series has so much potential, and Evermore was a decent introduction, Blue Moon quickly became a disappointment. I say quickly both because it's a quick, page-turning read, which you'll breeze through to find out what happens, and also goes downhill pretty quickly from an interesting beginning.

As far as YA literature goes, the writing in this series is fairly light, and it's important to place your expectations for a book, especially a series, based on what the author has shown, not so much what other authors have done. After Evermore, it's clear that the writing is breezy, easy, and imprecise, character development may not go too broad or deep, and there are flashes of truly interesting premises and plot points, which may or may not be fully realized and/or explained. This is all still true in Blue Moon, with one major problem: there was virtually _no_ progression or improvement from the series starter. The characters did not grow much, if at all, our understanding of them barely deepened, the writing showed no refinement, and the interesting premises were breezed over whenever Ever wanted to hurry up or understand only the barest essentials. Since that's what Ever does, the readers do to: you'll find yourself reading more quickly, occasionally skimming, especially in the last two chapters, just to get to find out what happens (but you really do want to know what happens!).

Simply put, the biggest disappointment is the ending: it's not what you expect or hope will happen, and not in a good way.

And yet, despite all of that, I've still come to care enough about Ever and Damen- and what's going to happen to them- to read the 3rd installment when it comes out.
on December 12, 2009
The only word to describe this book is: what??
This book is so slow-pacing, and it just doesnt make any sense.
Noel`s writing is really poor. I dont really like her as an author, but in other books such as "Saving Zoë" she writes a little better. Even Evermore was better written.
I read Evermore, and was not completely thrilled with it, but wanted to know what happened next: and was absolutely dissapointed. When the second book was out, I was like: Oh, the next book is out. I am going to buy it just to know what happened.
And boy, I didnt understand a thing: Ever makes choices in the book that are completely unreasonable. They dont make any sense. She also trusts in people she doesnt have to trust and (without giving anything away) she does things that cant be done because of the logic of the book (I cant really express what I am trying to say without telling what happens in the story).

Spoiler!
She trusts in Roman at the end of the book??? I mean: what?? Are you serious?? Why on the earth would she do that? Is she THAT stupid??
And what about when Roman tells her all about his "evil" plan?? It reminded me of a cartoon series or one of those really bad movies in which the bad guy tells you all the truth about his evil plan before he kills you just "because". Noel should have found a way to tell us all this that isnt so completely dumb.
And really, arent Roman`s motives to do what he did just stupid? I mean, he loved Drina?? What?? I dont know if it is just me, but isnt the love story of Drina and Roman totally illogical?? He didnt say anything to her for four hundred years like "Hey, I know you just want to be my friend but, why dont you just stop killing the girl Damen wants over and over and over and over again, and give me a try, because, you know, Damen is never going to want you"?!?!

Spoiler of Evermore (the first book)!
I just couldnt believe how Ever killed Drina. I mean: Come on!! Just like that?? She touched her "heart chakra", and she was dead? Am I the only one who thinks this is just dumb?

In conclusion: this book is not good, in my opinion. Much worse than Evermore. I am not even going to read Shadowland (the third book of the series).