Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gobblet
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on January 5, 2005
I'm a teenager that loves games. I like board games, pencil and paper games, card games, sports...ALL KINDS!! I got GOBBLET for christmas last year. I started playing with my dad and thought this is ok...until he beat me! I was determined to win against him. On the last week of Christmas Break, we played at least 40 games. It's the most engrossing, fun, stategical game I've played. It combines the simplicity of Tic-Tac-Toe with the strategy of Chess and adds a little bit of Memory. <HR>

The Object is to aline four of your pieces in a row. Simple right? well the other player can gobble up your smaller pieces. You can gobble up his. It gets tricky to out smart your opponent, but it's ridiculously FUN!

It's for two players and each person gets either black pieces or tan pieces. The pieces are quite nice. They will last longer than ten years if they aren't lost. The board is also nice. The company that makes it, made it extra nice. Everything's made of wood that can take a beating.

Gobblet is the best, most fun game that I own!
11 comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2005
Gobblet! is an all-wooden game, which incorporates elements of tic-tac-toe (or naughts and crosses) but shakes it up a little bit. Each player gets three each of four different sizes of wooden playing pieces. The pieces nestle into each other.

The game has two big twists that make it different than traditional tic-tac-toe. The first twist is that you can move any of your pieces that are on the board, instead of adding a new piece. The second twist is that you can gobble up either your own or the other player's pieces of a smaller size.

This game is absolutely perfect as a backseat game for two kids on road trips: the wooden box is sturdy and easy to pack and the pieces aren't so small that they'll get lost easily.
A new classic twist on tic-tac-toe. Get 4 in a row, but wait! Your opponent can place a bigger piece over yours, stealing your spot. Pieces stack in 4 sizes, and part of the strategy is to figure out which size piece to play, and when to use your larger pieces to steal.

Kids to adults love Gobblet, and the classic wooden presentation makes it a game to keep on the coffee table for easy play access any time.

And my 9-year-old says, "Highly competitive - I love it!"

Carolyn K., webmaster, Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
on April 5, 2008
Gobblet is a simple looking game that is part tic-tac-toe and part connect four, but has three dimensions. The game board is a 4x4 grid, and each player has twelve black or white playing pieces. Each player plays one piece at a time to try to get four in a row. Easy huh? Oh, did I mention that your twelve pieces come in four different sizes? And that bigger pieces can "gobble" up the smaller pieces on the game board? This is no hungry-hungry hippos though, it is a tricky game of strategy.

Our little boy is 4 1/2 and even though we need to throw a few games his way now and then to keep him interested, he gets it. He is starting to understand that you need to balance your own objective of getting four in a row with stopping your opponent who has a similar objective. Looking ahead more than one play is a critical thinking skill that we look forward to him mastering.

The real fun happens after the kids go to bed and my wife and I get the game back out. Like Triominos, it is one of the few games that we play with and without the kids around. The playing board sits atop a carrying box, all made of wood (like the playing pieces) and is felt lined. This game was built to last for awhile, which is a good thing, because we plan on playing it a lot.

John (Pop from Cole's Toy Blog)
on September 23, 2003
We purchased this game a month ago. First, we were thrilled by the quality, Gobblet comes in a sturdy wooden box and beautiful wooden pieces. We were able to play after a few seconds! It is the most fantastic game we ever purchased, highly recommended!
on January 7, 2004
is that any age can play along. My 8 year old and I have a great time with Gobblet, but it's not so complicated that my 5 year old can't join in. And it's not a game that an adult would find boring ~ there *is* some strategy involved. :o)
The pieces are well made, and I like the self storing box too. It's the kind of game that travels well.
on August 3, 2006
Every gathering I go to, I bring this strange little box with wooden cups inside. Heads are scratched, questions are asked. Some people are not interested. But there is always one person who is willing to try. When I explain it, show how it's played, the fun begins. Usually about three minutes in, everyone has gathered around and wants to play.

This is a craze just waiting to hit the mainstream.
on March 21, 2006
...if my wife didn't beat me 80 percent of the time. :) A handsome, well made wooden game. We cannot stop playing it. As we linger over coffee at Sunday breakfast, out comes Gobblet. It is so satisfying to play a game that doesn't need electricity, but does need logic and concentration.
on January 16, 2006
I bought this game for my 2 daughters, 6 and 8, for Christmas this year! We absolutely love it! It is easy to learn, fun and challenging for players of all ages. It is a very well made toy too. I would highly recommend it to anyone!
on November 6, 2002
I bought Gobblet for my 7 year old, who loves checkers and tic-tac-toe. Not only he loves Gobblet, his dad loves it even more! What a great game for the whole family!