Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 23, 2016
Spot It is a great little game to throw into a carry on bag when traveling or to bring along to kill time before the food arrives at a restaurant. The game is deceptively simple but it is entertaining for adults as well as kids since the game changes every time.

Spot It consists of a hand sized metal tin with a snug fitting lid and a deck of round cards. Each card has a set of different pictures – some words, some symbols, all dependent on the version you are playing. The most simple way to play the game is to turn two cards over at a time, players search for the one picture or symbol that the cards have in common. It sounds so simple but the kids beat me more often than not – younger eyes move more quickly! The game is fast paced and fun and challenging enough to keep adults and kids alike entertained. No reading needed so perfect for younger kids too!

We have the Spot It Junior Animals version of this game as well but I think that most kids would be fine with the version labeled for older kids and adults.

One of the biggest pros for me is even if one of the cards falls behind the bookshelf, the monster under the bed steals it or it gets torn, you can still play the game. How many games in your basement are basically useless since a card is lost or the green cherries are missing in action?

I find myself suggesting this game when the kids want to have a game night - so much better than the one thousand nine hundred and sixty third round of Candyland. Or Hi-Ho Cherry...please don't make me try to find all those green cherries again.

5 stars for Spot It from us!
on August 9, 2017
Our new family favorite. I played this at a women's game night and it was a hit. I grabbed one for my house and even my 4 year old loves it! It is harder for the younger so we just take turns at this point. The instructions come with several ways to play for different levels.
on October 9, 2015
This is such a fun game for the family. It's easy, has no moving parts, just 55 playing cards, and the kids absolutely love it. So do the adults! My three year old is actually quite good at it, so I am writing to specifically address the manufacturer's recommended age of 7-11: definitely not! If this three year old can do it without any help from her parents, so can most! Her older brother (age 6) is also great at it. They're pros. Spot it certainly appeals to the 7-11 group, but Blue Orange should consider the younger crowd too. They're smart and can enjoy the game just as much, if not more!

As far as Amazon's recommended age of 6 months to 8 years, I think that's way more off... no 6 month old can pick this up, unless you want them to pick up the cards only to bend them and destroy the game! It still requires a learning curve for 3 year olds, but once they get it, they're golden. I would recommend minimally starting this with a three year old crowd and up, and not starting this for anyone younger than that.
VINE VOICEon March 17, 2014
It's definitely worth getting this version for instructions for all 5 mini-games, and the sheer amount of cards this version comes with.

Spot It is a super fun game where you look for matching items between two (or more) cards. The game I use most often involves flipping two cards, and whoever finds the match first takes the pair.

While I like this version as a game, it's not the best for ESL (although I use it anyway because it's fun anyway) as it has some difficult vocabulary but only a couple of written words.

For me, Spot It is like Pokemon... gotta have them all.
on March 27, 2017
Awesome game. I played it with some friends and decided to get my own. Perfect for a couple quick short games when you don't know how much time you'll have to play. Cards are sturdy.
My only complaint is that the box has been QUITE difficult to open each time I want to play and I end up pulling on it for a while and then it finally opens and spews cards everywhere but maybe that will lesson the more I use it. Maybe that's just my game.
Other than that, fantastic game. Try it out. It's fun.
on April 17, 2015
Let me just say that I love Spot It. It has been my go-to game for years!

Many other reviewers have provided a background about how the game is played, so I will offer a different perspective. I am a school-based occupational therapist. Games are great way to build skills which are important for school, and Spot It is one of the best. It is excellent for developing visual skills such as: form constancy (recognizing matching shapes in different sizes and orientations), visual scanning, and saccades (visually jumping from one target to another). Spot It is also great for developing social skills, as it can be played with up to 8 people.

But above all, Spot It is fun! It is a great party game, family game, you name it. Buy it! You won't be sorry.
on January 1, 2015
I wasn't expecting much out of this tiny little can, but it is so much fun. My daughter and I have played it several times and we end up cracking up laughing every time. It's fast paced with everyone trying to find a matching picture on their card with the card displayed. Sounds simple right? For some reason there are times when one of us will find things right away several times in a row while the other is sitting there dumbfounded, and then it switches. We scream out "no", "stop", "no way" a lot when one person is on fire getting them all and the other can't find a single match, and then the next game, or even a few seconds later, it's the other person finding them all. "Stop" and "Okay" are a couple f the words on the cards and we tend to enunciate those very well when playing because it's how you feel when it's going so fast. I feel like I'm not explaining this very well, so just buy the game and play it to see what I mean. It's well worth the money. I've spent a fortune on games in the past that we rarely play. This one never gets old. It fun and entertaining every time we play. If you need a laugh, and who doesn't, play it. It's also wonderful because any age can play and have fun.
on June 4, 2015
We love this game! Sometimes its tough to find a game for a variety of ages, but I've found that even younger kids and my gramma love playing this with us! It's easy to ramp-down your own play (just don't pay as much attention) in order to make an even playing field for young and old - it doesn't feel like 'cheating' as much as other games.
One thing I love about this is that even though it's consistent play, sometimes you'll get a few 'easy' matches in a row and sometimes you all get stuck and can't find a match.
Another bonus is the different types of games you can play. Once you start with the basics, its very easy for everyone to pick up. We ended up playing the one where you hold the cards in your hand and either grab from a neighbor or give to a neighbor (depending on which version you're playing), and it was a hilarious game with my husband, father, and brother-in-law that ended up pretty active and rowdy.
We will definitely look to purchase some of the other games they offer, such as the kids version.
on May 15, 2014
My oldest daughter introduced this game to my others kids, who introduced it to me. The rules are easy to understand, and you need nothing else but the cards to play. There is no score-keeping in terms of writing anything down. There are several different ways to play the game, but we've only played two different ways. It can be played one-on-one, or it can involve several players. The beauty of it is that it takes little time to play; a game can be completed in under two minutes. But, beware, it can suck you in, and you'll want to keep playing. I especially find it challenging to beat my youngest daughter, whom I rarely beat (I only hope that she isn't reading this!), so I ask her to play repeatedly. The kids' version is also a good buy. It's not too much different than the adult version (the object is exactly the same), so your kids can easily join in. It is fast-paced, and, if you're like me, you'll waste many an hour playing it. Although, it's never a waste of time doing something with someone you love.
on October 20, 2016
This game is a great travel game and the young children I have played it with really enjoyed it. It was accessible for a 3 year old and fun for a 5 year old. They were challenged but still were able to compete with each other in a fun and engaged way despite their age differences. It was also fun for me as the adult playing. They improved over time as we played a few games. Seems like it could be great for many younger ages.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.