Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Spot It
Style: Spot it|Change

on April 23, 2016
Spot It is a great little game to throw into a carry on bag when traveling or to bring along to kill time before the food arrives at a restaurant. The game is deceptively simple but it is entertaining for adults as well as kids since the game changes every time.

Spot It consists of a hand sized metal tin with a snug fitting lid and a deck of round cards. Each card has a set of different pictures – some words, some symbols, all dependent on the version you are playing. The most simple way to play the game is to turn two cards over at a time, players search for the one picture or symbol that the cards have in common. It sounds so simple but the kids beat me more often than not – younger eyes move more quickly! The game is fast paced and fun and challenging enough to keep adults and kids alike entertained. No reading needed so perfect for younger kids too!

We have the Spot It Junior Animals version of this game as well but I think that most kids would be fine with the version labeled for older kids and adults.

One of the biggest pros for me is even if one of the cards falls behind the bookshelf, the monster under the bed steals it or it gets torn, you can still play the game. How many games in your basement are basically useless since a card is lost or the green cherries are missing in action?

I find myself suggesting this game when the kids want to have a game night - so much better than the one thousand nine hundred and sixty third round of Candyland. Or Hi-Ho Cherry...please don't make me try to find all those green cherries again.

5 stars for Spot It from us!
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2014
This is a fun card game where the cards are round and 3 1/4 inch diameter, and each card has eight different figures pictured on it (out of 50 different ones) in various sizes from lips to sunglasses to igloo. The figures are the same color and shape on every card, for example, the lips are always red and shaped the same, but they may be different sizes on the two different cards. If you put two cards down there will only ever be one match of the figures on any two cards.
There are a variety of games you can play, and we've only played the first one so far. The game is fast paced. It only takes a couple of minutes to play.
I thought my 6 yr. old granddaughter would enjoy this game--she loves board games. We played it a couple of times, and she beat me both times. Then the five year old played with grandpa and he won also. So it's a great game to play with just two people. (I think one person could also have fun challenging himself.) But the real fun was playing with the grand kids' parents. wow! It got loud and crazy and pretty hilarious. At one point we had five playing.
I really like this game. It's very portable--would fit into a purse--and simple enough to learn quickly. There are a variety of these spot it games, some for younger players that use numbers, shapes, etc. The five year old can't read, so the words on this version and some of the symbols were hard for him, but he learned quickly to just grab the card and point to the match, and when he learned the words and symbols (yin/yang, "art", etc.) it didn't hold him back.
Highly recommended!
on January 26, 2018
This is a great game for many ages. I'd say 8 to 80. There is a ton of laughter - everyone who plays it later askes me for the name. It can be played most anywhere. In Spain we were with people who had children who were playing it in a restaurant as the adults visited. It exercises your brain in ways you need and are very benificial if your are getting older. You will not believe how much you laugh if you are playing it with maturing adults. If you are a kid - it's a game filled with speed and quickness of hand. It has most all the great marks of a game. There is tension and frustration and a need for quick responses. It is easy to learn - takes about 2 minutes. It is just cool! You don't have to think, you just have to see, which it turns out to be much more challenging than you think. It's very portable - you can stick it in your purse.
on July 7, 2014
I was surprised with how popular this game was, I picked this and a few other games up for an big family vacation. There were 20 people - 10 adults / 10 kids, with the kids age range of 8 - 18. Everyone was able to play this game and have fun, it was the most frequently pulled out game during the week.

Pros:
-suitable for all ages
- Younger Players: as long as they have the vocabulary they can play. Words like "lightening bolt, exclamation point, yin yang" although you could probably allow them to point at items if they didn't know the words.
- Older Players: this is a game of speed, the first person to make the match wins, so the older may be a bit disadvantaged when going up against kids, but there were always rounds where no one found the match for almost a minute.
- Quick rounds: depending on the rules used, the games usual lasted about five minutes. This made it great for people dropping in or out of the game, or filling time waiting for something then suddenly dropping the game to go do something else.
- Multiple ways to play: the rules that come with the game offer clear instructions on a couple of different game rules, we played a couple different ways and even came up with new ways to play
- Feels fresh after multiple games. Every game is unique, just shuffle the deck and replay for a whole new game.

Cons:
Some of the games were disappointingly short, but that's the nature of having cards without repeated characters. I will probably pick up other versions of this game to create some variety.
on December 31, 2017
We love this game. We had a family reunion and one of my nieces suggested this game. It is an easy game to learn but not as easy as you would think to play. All ages can play together which makes it really nice for families. It is fast moving so no one will be bored and it can be played anywhere you have a flat surface. Also it is just a deck of cards so not a lot to set up, clean up or store. I purchased several of these for Christmas gifts and everyone's feedback was positive.
VINE VOICEon September 18, 2014
Style: Spot it|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
This is a very inexpensive game which is really easy to learn, and can be played just as easily with two or three people.

It comes in a durable tin, which is good because the cards would easily get lost otherwise, and a traditional cardboard deck holder just wouldn't work (because the cards are circular).

We read the instructions in about 2 minutes and were playing immediately after that. I really liked that it was so simple, and I can see playing this with children. The box claims that there are 4 variations that can be played. They are nice for a change, but deal more with the mechanics of the game rather than really changing the strategy. (i.e. you get rid of your cards instead of trying to gain your cards, for example.) Still, they are a good diversion.

Games like this deserve to be popular. You'll either love it or hate it (depending on if it hurts your brain too much), but it is definitely something new.

Recommended.
on June 4, 2015
We love this game! Sometimes its tough to find a game for a variety of ages, but I've found that even younger kids and my gramma love playing this with us! It's easy to ramp-down your own play (just don't pay as much attention) in order to make an even playing field for young and old - it doesn't feel like 'cheating' as much as other games.
One thing I love about this is that even though it's consistent play, sometimes you'll get a few 'easy' matches in a row and sometimes you all get stuck and can't find a match.
Another bonus is the different types of games you can play. Once you start with the basics, its very easy for everyone to pick up. We ended up playing the one where you hold the cards in your hand and either grab from a neighbor or give to a neighbor (depending on which version you're playing), and it was a hilarious game with my husband, father, and brother-in-law that ended up pretty active and rowdy.
We will definitely look to purchase some of the other games they offer, such as the kids version.
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2012
I ordered this to give to my almost 7 year old son and almost 10 year old daughter as a Christmas gift and we finally got around to playing it New Year's Day and LOVED it.

It's great for people of all ages and a game that I like as much as they do...which is hard to find and a treat when I do.

We liked the different varieties of play with this game and thought it was interesting that some people are clearly better at one way of playing versus another.

We played this many, many times yesterday and the first thing my son said when he got up this morning was "Mom, let's go play 'Spot it'!" We played more today and realized that we "needed" more cards, so I promptly ordered two more cans.

I think the age recommendation is just about spot on (ha, ha), though certainly bright kids younger than 7 can play and enjoy it as well. I also recommend buying more than one can, I wish I had known how much we would like this. I would have ordered the party pack of four cans...oh, well.

The other game that I liked with as much enthusiasm as this was 'Gobblet' also made by the BlueOrange company. I highly recommend both games for young and old alike.

January 13, 2012
Just a note here about the variety of ways to play with Spot It. We liked the version called 'Triplet' best. The idea is to lay out nine cards face up and try to find the same picture on three different cards. You call out the picture and then pick up the cards. The person with the most cards at the end of the game wins. It's a pretty fast paced and fun version of the game and we played that version most until it wasn't challenging enough for us anymore.

Then we decided to add an extra row of cards, so that there were 12 cards face up instead of nine and we had to find the same picture on four cards instead of three. Today we played with four rows of four cards face up and we had to find the same picture on five cards. This was much more challenging.

We also played a more cooperative version of the 'Tower' game where we would help out our "opponent" and call out the picture that matched the card they had and then give them that card. There's probably endless ways to play this game and make it a better fit for your family. (I think we need another can.)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 3, 2016
I can state from experience that this is a great game for an eight-year-old boy, a five-year-old boy, and an adult not good at games. It's based on visual recognition of illustrated objects. I am not usually quick to catch on to the rules of a game, but I got the rules for Spot It with one quick reading of the instructions card. The cards are round, colorful and cheerful. I lost every round to the boys. I was rewarded with screams of delight from my little opponents. Parents and babysitters of all ages, you'll be glad you got this!
on January 15, 2015
This game is fun and quick game to play - just a few minutes using the entire deck. Our entire family enjoys playing this game, and routinely someone thinks that there is not a match for the card they are holding. However, when we were first learning to play, someone could call "time out" and then we would all look for the match, and as is expected, we are always able to find it. We have somewhat modified the rules of the game that came with it to create our own version they we really enjoy playing. I would definately recommend this game to anyone. I think you coule probably play with younger kids, but the youngest we have played with is 11 and she certainly wins her fair share of the games we play.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.