Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 23, 2016
Spot It is a great little game to throw into a carry on bag when traveling or to bring along to kill time before the food arrives at a restaurant. The game is deceptively simple but it is entertaining for adults as well as kids since the game changes every time.

Spot It consists of a hand sized metal tin with a snug fitting lid and a deck of round cards. Each card has a set of different pictures – some words, some symbols, all dependent on the version you are playing. The most simple way to play the game is to turn two cards over at a time, players search for the one picture or symbol that the cards have in common. It sounds so simple but the kids beat me more often than not – younger eyes move more quickly! The game is fast paced and fun and challenging enough to keep adults and kids alike entertained. No reading needed so perfect for younger kids too!

We have the Spot It Junior Animals version of this game as well but I think that most kids would be fine with the version labeled for older kids and adults.

One of the biggest pros for me is even if one of the cards falls behind the bookshelf, the monster under the bed steals it or it gets torn, you can still play the game. How many games in your basement are basically useless since a card is lost or the green cherries are missing in action?

I find myself suggesting this game when the kids want to have a game night - so much better than the one thousand nine hundred and sixty third round of Candyland. Or Hi-Ho Cherry...please don't make me try to find all those green cherries again.

5 stars for Spot It from us!
49 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2014
This is a fun card game where the cards are round and 3 1/4 inch diameter, and each card has eight different figures pictured on it (out of 50 different ones) in various sizes from lips to sunglasses to igloo. The figures are the same color and shape on every card, for example, the lips are always red and shaped the same, but they may be different sizes on the two different cards. If you put two cards down there will only ever be one match of the figures on any two cards.
There are a variety of games you can play, and we've only played the first one so far. The game is fast paced. It only takes a couple of minutes to play.
I thought my 6 yr. old granddaughter would enjoy this game--she loves board games. We played it a couple of times, and she beat me both times. Then the five year old played with grandpa and he won also. So it's a great game to play with just two people. (I think one person could also have fun challenging himself.) But the real fun was playing with the grand kids' parents. wow! It got loud and crazy and pretty hilarious. At one point we had five playing.
I really like this game. It's very portable--would fit into a purse--and simple enough to learn quickly. There are a variety of these spot it games, some for younger players that use numbers, shapes, etc. The five year old can't read, so the words on this version and some of the symbols were hard for him, but he learned quickly to just grab the card and point to the match, and when he learned the words and symbols (yin/yang, "art", etc.) it didn't hold him back.
Highly recommended!
10 people found this helpful
on February 27, 2018
This was a stocking stuffer for my 5 year old for Christmas. He really likes it. The description says it is for ages 7 and up, but I've found that it is simple and engaging enough that, playing with an adult, he has a lot of fun with it. He does occasionally need a little direction to keep the game moving, so it might not be something a group of younger kids can play on their own. However, it's one of those clever games that are simple in concept so a kid can get the hang of it quickly, but with just enough of a challenge that he stays interested (and so do his parents). It's a fun exercise in concentration and visual perception for a kindergartener, but also makes an entertaining party game for us older folks. It's fast-paced and there are also several variations to keep things fresh. As an added bonus it comes in a durable storage tin that makes it easily portable. I can throw it in the car as a fun diversion if we are going on a long drive, or will be waiting somewhere.
on January 26, 2018
This is a great game for many ages. I'd say 8 to 80. There is a ton of laughter - everyone who plays it later askes me for the name. It can be played most anywhere. In Spain we were with people who had children who were playing it in a restaurant as the adults visited. It exercises your brain in ways you need and are very benificial if your are getting older. You will not believe how much you laugh if you are playing it with maturing adults. If you are a kid - it's a game filled with speed and quickness of hand. It has most all the great marks of a game. There is tension and frustration and a need for quick responses. It is easy to learn - takes about 2 minutes. It is just cool! You don't have to think, you just have to see, which it turns out to be much more challenging than you think. It's very portable - you can stick it in your purse.
on October 9, 2015
This is such a fun game for the family. It's easy, has no moving parts, just 55 playing cards, and the kids absolutely love it. So do the adults! My three year old is actually quite good at it, so I am writing to specifically address the manufacturer's recommended age of 7-11: definitely not! If this three year old can do it without any help from her parents, so can most! Her older brother (age 6) is also great at it. They're pros. Spot it certainly appeals to the 7-11 group, but Blue Orange should consider the younger crowd too. They're smart and can enjoy the game just as much, if not more!

As far as Amazon's recommended age of 6 months to 8 years, I think that's way more off... no 6 month old can pick this up, unless you want them to pick up the cards only to bend them and destroy the game! It still requires a learning curve for 3 year olds, but once they get it, they're golden. I would recommend minimally starting this with a three year old crowd and up, and not starting this for anyone younger than that.
3 people found this helpful
on July 7, 2014
I was surprised with how popular this game was, I picked this and a few other games up for an big family vacation. There were 20 people - 10 adults / 10 kids, with the kids age range of 8 - 18. Everyone was able to play this game and have fun, it was the most frequently pulled out game during the week.

Pros:
-suitable for all ages
- Younger Players: as long as they have the vocabulary they can play. Words like "lightening bolt, exclamation point, yin yang" although you could probably allow them to point at items if they didn't know the words.
- Older Players: this is a game of speed, the first person to make the match wins, so the older may be a bit disadvantaged when going up against kids, but there were always rounds where no one found the match for almost a minute.
- Quick rounds: depending on the rules used, the games usual lasted about five minutes. This made it great for people dropping in or out of the game, or filling time waiting for something then suddenly dropping the game to go do something else.
- Multiple ways to play: the rules that come with the game offer clear instructions on a couple of different game rules, we played a couple different ways and even came up with new ways to play
- Feels fresh after multiple games. Every game is unique, just shuffle the deck and replay for a whole new game.

Cons:
Some of the games were disappointingly short, but that's the nature of having cards without repeated characters. I will probably pick up other versions of this game to create some variety.
on January 15, 2014
We had earlier bought Spot It Junior Animals for ours kids and its been an absolute hit. The game is so awesome that even we adults have enjoyed the Junior version. Encouraged by that, we bought this original version of the game which is recommended for ages 7 to adult.

This version of the game is equally awesome. The rules and basic game remains the same. There are 55 cards and around 50 different symbols. We play it in couple of different ways - but the basic idea is to spot the common symbol between two cards as quickly as possible. The cards come in a tin box which fits nicely in a small travel bag.

I would highly recommend the game. I don't know why this is rated for 7+ ages. As far as I can tell, even my 5 year old can play this version equally well. She will of course need to remember a lot more symbols. But its not too difficult.

I will recommend the following variants in the order of preference:

1. Spot It Junior Animals (all age groups would love this)
2. Spot It (more suited for 7+, but 5+ can play too)
3. Spot It! Basic English (more suited for 5-8)
4. Spot It! Alphabet (more suited for 3-5)
5. Spot It! Numbers and Shapes Children, Kids, Game (more suited for 3-5)
on May 18, 2018
Used to love this game and have bought a number to give away as gifts. I had a huge "AHAH" moment when I took it as a gift for a family as we traveled to SE ASIA. As I demonstrated the game to our national guide in LAOS, There were matches of a BOMB! The look on his face told me everything . You see, our country and others are responsible for dropping cluster bombs in fields of rice before they returned to Thailand base if they were not able to drop them on the people in northern Vietnam in the 1960s and 70s. Many of the bombs are still being uncovered and killing or maiming the farmers or their families! Though the years so many have to deal with loss of family and friends and disfiguring results of these bombs. So........ Please modify this game.....replace the bombs with some other object! I was able to give a family the game, but I removed the 7 cards that had the bomb images. It's a good game otherwise.
on October 20, 2016
This game is a great travel game and the young children I have played it with really enjoyed it. It was accessible for a 3 year old and fun for a 5 year old. They were challenged but still were able to compete with each other in a fun and engaged way despite their age differences. It was also fun for me as the adult playing. They improved over time as we played a few games. Seems like it could be great for many younger ages.
on March 17, 2017
Was looking for a small game I could throw in my purse on my way to the grandkids. I have played this with an 11, 8, 6, and 3 year old. They all love it! I would say the 3 small ones enjoy it the most. The 3 year old is surprisingly good at it! It's not as easy as it sounds. They beat me on a regular basis :)
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.