Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 780 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 845 reviews
on April 5, 2016
This is a fantastic learning game for toddlers and preschool kids. My son first played it when he was 3 at his cousin's house and that is when I decided to purchase it myself. You basically lay out 2 cards and they have to find the item that is on both cards. The items are all different sizes so the kids can't just look for an exact replica. My son loves to play it by himself at home as well, kind of like eye spy. There are fewer items on the JR cards as opposed to the regular spot it games which make it a little easier for younger kids as well. I've also found it's helpful for learning animal names/colors as well because we ask him to say the animal name out loud when he finds it.
on March 1, 2017
We bought this as a family game to play with our 3 year old son. This is by far his favorite game, and he chooses this one to play whenever we have a game night. It did not take him long to understand the concept of finding the animals that match on the two cards. Some of the animals he did not know, but it was good for helping him to learn new animal names. The instructions include five variations of playing, which keeps the game fresh. Some versions are a little over his head at this point, but that means that we will have some new ways to play when he gets older! We currently like version 3, where each player has a pile of cards to get rid of, the best. The cards are thick paper and fairly sturdy (but can get crinkly if they get mysteriously wet...) The tin is nice and the lid stays on well. Since it is a game where the person who is the quickest wins, it is sometimes a struggle to find the balance between giving our son extra time to find the match "first" so that he does not get frustrated and not just letting him win. There are times that he does legitimately find the match first, so it's not too painful. I would recommend this game to anyone with kids our son's age.
on August 12, 2012
My twins just turned three, and we've been playing this game for a couple months now. We play in the easiest, most non-competitive way, where the girls flip over two cards at a time and try to find the matching animal. Since the animals on the cards are all different sizes and have different orientations, I think this activity is great fom developing pattern recognition cognitive abilities in my children better than regular matching games.

We do own the regular Spot It game, which the kids can play as well. The problem we ran into with the original game is that young children don't recognize all the symbols on the cards(some are words), so this animal-version of the Spot It game is much more appropriate for preschoolers (older kids will enjoy it as well). Another note: if you're purchasing this for a younger child, make sure that they don't bend the cards - they are thin like regular cards so kids who are tough on their toys might destroy them (my kids only play this game under my supervision for this reason).
11 comment| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2012
I can't say enough good things about this game. My 5 and 3 year old LOVE this game! The only difference between this and the adult version is the pictures. This has dolphins, sharks, bats, turtles, etc. Animals that most 3-4 year old kids know. As soon as I get home all I hear is "Mommy lets play the matching game!!" It is great for the whole family!!!
on February 12, 2015
I don’t know if the developers did this on purpose, but this game is basically a fun version of the cognitive regulation tasks done in research studies on cognitive regulation. The premise of this game is to find the matching animals on any two cards– every card has a match. The catch is, each card has animals of different sizes. If you happen to get two cards where the matching animal is large, it is easy– but most often the match is between two different sized animals. The brain automatically focuses on the large animals and the animals with the most contrasting patterns. Thus, children have to suppress that first impulse of the brain and search harder. They also learn that there are multiple “rules” in this game, it isn’t always the big animals that match for example. This means they have to practice switching rules from card to card. This is a cognitive regulation skill that develops slowly from age 3 to 5. This was hard for my son when we first got it — I think he was just three or soon to be three. When we first started I literally stacked the deck– I put all the easier matches first so he would get the hang of it. I don’t do that anymore now that he is 3.5 years, but I notice that he takes much longer on the first matches and then once his brain gets into it, he gets faster. We see this in the studies as well, younger kids make more mistakes and have slower reaction time than older kids. This is a great game to keep in your bag to bring out while waiting at a restaurant and it’s an awesome game to help them practice a skill they are developing during this time.
on August 19, 2014
We have this and the original Spot it game. I purchased the original version for my 11 year old and the junior version for my 4 year old but as it turns out my 4 year old is just as good at the original game so we didn't really need to purchase the junior game for her. However, as a parent who tires quickly of playing game after game with a 4 year old this is ideal. The games are fast and there are less cards than in the original set. It's also slightly easier so the matches are found quickly. If you have younger kids, go with this version, but if you have kids of all ages and parents who play you could go with the original version and skip the junior version.
on May 21, 2017
There are many ways to play, based on child's age/level. At age four, my son and I play in one of the following ways:
1. We each pick a card, compare, and first one to see a match wins both cards.
2. We line up cards on the town roads on his play mat & look for a match with the next card.
3. We place all/some cards face down, flip one each and look for match.

I can see us thinking of new ways to continue playing this game. We will bring on our summer trips.
(But my son does not take losing very well so I have to keep letting him win. Eh.)
on October 14, 2013
The adults love this game as much as the kids! There are some great features to this game:
1) It comes in a little tin which makes it easy to store AND take in the car, so game play can happen anywhere,
2) The game has many play options, so it ends up being several different games in one (though really all the game play is pretty much the same...still, the kids love all the different games!), and
3) the kids beat the adults half the time, so it's not a game I have to "let my kids win" sometimes...which makes it more fun for me! Great game, I highly recommend!
on January 26, 2017
I am in LOVE with these headphones! They are so soft and comfy on my girlies. Excited to be able to use these for our next airplane trip!
review image
on March 26, 2017
These spot it games are so fun!! It's just plain easy to play and I love that its not super complicated so it's easy to take with you on the road for a quiet activity when you need one. So many different themes to choose from! We love to give these as birthday gifts!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.