Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning victoria victoria victoria  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 777 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 842 reviews
on April 5, 2016
This is a fantastic learning game for toddlers and preschool kids. My son first played it when he was 3 at his cousin's house and that is when I decided to purchase it myself. You basically lay out 2 cards and they have to find the item that is on both cards. The items are all different sizes so the kids can't just look for an exact replica. My son loves to play it by himself at home as well, kind of like eye spy. There are fewer items on the JR cards as opposed to the regular spot it games which make it a little easier for younger kids as well. I've also found it's helpful for learning animal names/colors as well because we ask him to say the animal name out loud when he finds it.
on March 1, 2017
We bought this as a family game to play with our 3 year old son. This is by far his favorite game, and he chooses this one to play whenever we have a game night. It did not take him long to understand the concept of finding the animals that match on the two cards. Some of the animals he did not know, but it was good for helping him to learn new animal names. The instructions include five variations of playing, which keeps the game fresh. Some versions are a little over his head at this point, but that means that we will have some new ways to play when he gets older! We currently like version 3, where each player has a pile of cards to get rid of, the best. The cards are thick paper and fairly sturdy (but can get crinkly if they get mysteriously wet...) The tin is nice and the lid stays on well. Since it is a game where the person who is the quickest wins, it is sometimes a struggle to find the balance between giving our son extra time to find the match "first" so that he does not get frustrated and not just letting him win. There are times that he does legitimately find the match first, so it's not too painful. I would recommend this game to anyone with kids our son's age.
on August 12, 2012
My twins just turned three, and we've been playing this game for a couple months now. We play in the easiest, most non-competitive way, where the girls flip over two cards at a time and try to find the matching animal. Since the animals on the cards are all different sizes and have different orientations, I think this activity is great fom developing pattern recognition cognitive abilities in my children better than regular matching games.

We do own the regular Spot It game, which the kids can play as well. The problem we ran into with the original game is that young children don't recognize all the symbols on the cards(some are words), so this animal-version of the Spot It game is much more appropriate for preschoolers (older kids will enjoy it as well). Another note: if you're purchasing this for a younger child, make sure that they don't bend the cards - they are thin like regular cards so kids who are tough on their toys might destroy them (my kids only play this game under my supervision for this reason).
11 comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2012
I can't say enough good things about this game. My 5 and 3 year old LOVE this game! The only difference between this and the adult version is the pictures. This has dolphins, sharks, bats, turtles, etc. Animals that most 3-4 year old kids know. As soon as I get home all I hear is "Mommy lets play the matching game!!" It is great for the whole family!!!
on August 19, 2014
We have this and the original Spot it game. I purchased the original version for my 11 year old and the junior version for my 4 year old but as it turns out my 4 year old is just as good at the original game so we didn't really need to purchase the junior game for her. However, as a parent who tires quickly of playing game after game with a 4 year old this is ideal. The games are fast and there are less cards than in the original set. It's also slightly easier so the matches are found quickly. If you have younger kids, go with this version, but if you have kids of all ages and parents who play you could go with the original version and skip the junior version.
on October 19, 2016
I ordered this for my 3 year old. She loves playing this game. I love that it is a game all our family can play and it's not boring for the older kids. And it's quick enough and doesn't drag out, my little is still building stamina for longer games. I also love it's small an can go in my purse to play on outings,doctors or practice for older sibling ect. The cards are good quality.
I plan on buying a few variations.
on September 8, 2013
This game is very useful and can be played with kids at different ages. There are different ways (instruction included) it can be played.
With a circular shape, it is a bit different than the regular card games. We take it with us in trips, at the swimming pool - helps having fun and playing with the kids. In the same time is a much better alternative to all the electronic games that are so easily available to our kids these days.
There are different versions of Spot it. We chose this one for younger kids.
I also like having an extra pack at home for a last moment present.
on March 26, 2017
These spot it games are so fun!! It's just plain easy to play and I love that its not super complicated so it's easy to take with you on the road for a quiet activity when you need one. So many different themes to choose from! We love to give these as birthday gifts!
on December 26, 2015
I have a 4 year old and I bought this as a gift for her 5 year old friend. Kids and moms played it together, and I was surprised at how challenging it could be. Depending on placement of the card (I noticed it was harder for me to spot an animal if I was looking at it upside down, from across the table), and how small the animal is (the cards will have a match but the animal is usually smaller on one and larger on the other), it can lead to several players being stumped.

I was on the fence about whether to get Spot it Original or Spot it Jr. My 4 year old had a harder time than the 5 year old finding the matches, but still did fine. I think around 4-5 is a great age to introduce this game. I understand Spot it Jr is all animals so as to make it easier for the children to identify. However because of the cartoonish drawings, I found my 4 year old was usually at a loss for words as to what the animals were. She would just point to the matches. The 5 year old had no trouble.

Like I said before, even us moms were sometimes stumped as to the matches for a few seconds. So I think this is a great game for all ages. I'm also looking forward to getting the original game.

Since the game is small and comes in its own tin, it also makes it perfect for travel or to take on the go.
on April 11, 2017
This is a really fun game for young kids. We started playing with them when my daughter was 2.5--at that age, she did not get the rules (and still doesn't fully do so, at age 3), but she loves the finding matching pairs on all the cards, which, in turn, has done a great job at enhancing her perceptiveness.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.