Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Tell Tale
Format: Toy|Change
Price:$12.99+ $5.29 shipping

on September 20, 2013
There's not many games that I can play with my 4 and 7 year old boys that doesn't end in someone crying. Generally the youngest gets frustrated and stops playing or the oldest gets bored. My boys actually asked for me to buy this, they had played it at another friends house. It's a simple game, cards with basic pictures on it like a house, shark, flowers, etc. You lay the cards in front of you and turn them over one by one using the images to create a story. I know there's other ways to play but this entertains us enough that we haven't ventured out. The kids have a great time telling their tale and love it when a crazy card comes up that they have to figure out how to build into the story. I'm finding that the more they play, the more imaginative they get. If you're like me and have extremely active boys who only sit down when the TV is on, I recommend giving this a try.

This is from the same makers as the Spot It series, which is another great game. Another one that both boys can enjoy.
3 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2017
This is a fun game for a family with kids between 7-12 years old. What I liked best was that it is designed to be collaborative -- there's no winner in the game. The team builds a story together. I was worried that my seven year old daughter wouldn't be able to contribute to the stories we were building, but she did great and had fun.
on May 31, 2013
Product: Four stars because not for all kids. Best for children who enjoy creative games and have wild imaginations. Some children who are more concrete thinkers may lose interest.
Wonderful for adults and children to co-create stories. Also good for children to practice listening to others collaboratively, as participants have to listen to others carefully in order to continue the story.

Seller: Product arrived on time in protective packaging, in excellent condition, and as described. Would buy from this seller again.
One person found this helpful
on May 11, 2013
I purchased this game for my son for his birthday after hearing from his teacher that he loved to tell stories at school. Since he didn't tell many stories at home, I thought this game might help. So far it has been wonderful. My kids enjoy this game so much that I also went and purchased the fairy tale version of it as well. My son loves it so much that he insisted that we buy a copy for his teacher as an end of the year present. This game is versatile, allows for a lot of creativity and even after having it for a few months it is still quite popular with my kids. I like that it is packaged in the small tin and I think it would be a great toy to take along for road trips etc. since it is so portable. I find the round cards a bit of a challenge to shuffle, but that is my only difficulty with this product. Overall I love it and it has been a great purchase.
on February 15, 2013
I got the game for my 8 year old. Great tool to foster creativity. I challenge her to make more complex stories with her friends. They all like it. Then my 1.5 year old got hold of it. Fantastic game for her. I use them as flash cards. And the pictures with different emotions are perfect for fostering EQ (emotional quotient). Taking it on long road trips. Hasn't torn it yet as they are nicely durable. I don't understand the choking hazard warning.
on May 21, 2013
All 3 of my kids, ages 11, 9, and 6, love this game!!!
We love it because there is no winning or losing, or competition.....we just enjoy making up the stories and laughing our heads off.
What a cool idea, and awesome that all ages can play!
It also inspired my kids to write their own stories-a bonus!
I highly recommend this game for any family with battling kids. It brings everyone together in a very fun way!
on February 21, 2013
I am a speech pathologist and purchased this game in regards to numerous requests from my students to play a game! I wanted to have something fun yet functional and this is perfect! I can target many areas including memory, articulation, language, etc just by having the kids make up a story! We played this game for the first time today and they loved it. I was very happy as well because I was able to elicit so many different areas related to each student's specific goals!
One person found this helpful
on June 12, 2014
Use this and the fairy tale version when working on story retell during my speech therapy sessions. The kids LOVE it and is easily adaptable for various ages. Great purchase!
on May 12, 2015
I played this game with children in my family ages 5-10 and we've all had a great time using our imaginations to make up silly stories. We really didn't play it as a competitive game, just took turns making up stories with the cards we were dealt. The older kids really came up with some hilarious stories. A fun game to help kids with being creative and tying in different scenes and characters.
on May 27, 2015
I am a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant and I work with children. These Tell Tale cards are great for kids that need to work on memorization. If you play with a couple other people this also gets really fun. The stories children imagine with these cards are great and really lets children use their imagination.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question