Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style: Alphabet|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,487 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,860 reviews
on April 23, 2016
Spot It is a great little game to throw into a carry on bag when traveling or to bring along to kill time before the food arrives at a restaurant. The game is deceptively simple but it is entertaining for adults as well as kids since the game changes every time.

Spot It consists of a hand sized metal tin with a snug fitting lid and a deck of round cards. Each card has a set of different pictures – some words, some symbols, all dependent on the version you are playing. The most simple way to play the game is to turn two cards over at a time, players search for the one picture or symbol that the cards have in common. It sounds so simple but the kids beat me more often than not – younger eyes move more quickly! The game is fast paced and fun and challenging enough to keep adults and kids alike entertained. No reading needed so perfect for younger kids too!

We have the Spot It Junior Animals version of this game as well but I think that most kids would be fine with the version labeled for older kids and adults.

One of the biggest pros for me is even if one of the cards falls behind the bookshelf, the monster under the bed steals it or it gets torn, you can still play the game. How many games in your basement are basically useless since a card is lost or the green cherries are missing in action?

I find myself suggesting this game when the kids want to have a game night - so much better than the one thousand nine hundred and sixty third round of Candyland. Or Hi-Ho Cherry...please don't make me try to find all those green cherries again.

5 stars for Spot It from us!
on December 26, 2015
Perfect for all ages! We opened this last night and my four-year-old caught on so quickly. I'm amazed that any two cards only has one matching picture, but that's beside the point. The instructions come with four possible games to play, but we quickly came up with an easy version for just two players (see below). I love this game because it's easy to play in a short amount of time, and my kids can play it by themselves.

Our two-player version:
Both players draw a card from the pile, and then a central card is drawn from the pile. Both players look for a match with the center card and call out their match. The first to call out their match collects their card and the card in the center pile. The other player's card goes into the center, then repeat the process. The person with the biggest pile of cards at the end wins.
on June 18, 2016
I purchased this unique card game after playing it with my 8 year old grandson at church camp. One of the other sponsors brought it and all the kids went wild wanting to play it when we were in the cafeteria lines or while we waited. It is small has a tin can to keep the cards and easy to carry around. This is one of the best traveling or all time games I have ever played that is age appropriate for my 6 year old up to my Mother in Law who is 80! There are several games you can play with it or even make up your own. Our favorite is to try to quickly match a picture on the card with your opponents and give them your card. I love having fun games around that are not electronic and this is one of the most fun games I have enjoyed playing myself with my grand children. I highly recommend this awesome card game!
This was a personal purchase I made.
on May 1, 2011
The game says it's for 7 and up and is billed as mostly an adult party game. But I have to say, my 4 year old LOVES it.

We have only played "The Tower" version of the rules - where each player has one card and tries to spot their matching symbol on the top card of the pile as soon as it is turned face up. The first time we played it, we (the adults) would close their eyes and not look at the center card while we counted to 5. This allowed our daughter to have a head start since her visual discrimination skills are not nearly as developed as ours. Each time we played the game, we ended up counting to a lower number until finally, she didn't need any lead time at all.

I highly recommend this game to parents of preschoolers, early grade schoolers, and any kids with reading difficulties. Being able to quickly spot the differences in letters, to decide if it's a "b", "d", or even a "p" is critical to being able to read. This is a fun way to boost those skills as well as a fun way to spend time as a family.
22 comments| 348 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2016
This is a great game for kids of all ages, adults get a hoot out of playing it as well! It comes with rules but this game can be played multiple ways and allows kids to have fun while learning and bonding with peers or family members. We use this game at home, at church, with friends and as a study tool! We even gifted one to our child's preschool teacher. There are multiple themes available and skill levels as well. This game works well for 2-3 players but can even be played by larger groups of 6-10 players (it just goes quicker, unless you add another stack to it). I have never heard a child in our large Sunday school program (200+ kids per weekend) say "No" to playing, they never get tired of playing and everyone of our adult leaders loves the game as well! Our teacher friends love the educational aspect of this particular one and this game has helped our youngest child who is resistant to reading and learning letters enjoy his practice and study time! I feel its a little expensive, or at least some of the themes can be, but the game comes in a durable tin and the cards are reasonably durable as well- which matches the quality to the price (you get what you pay for stands true with this product). Overall win and worth every penny.
on July 29, 2016
My family LOVES this game. I was worried that it would be too hard for some of our kids since we have kids from 0-12 all but the baby can play. My 3 year old has even mastered it. It is fun for all ages. It's one of the kids card games I actually enjoy playing. There is like 5 different ways to play it so you really don't get bored. I would reccommend this game to anyone. Great price also and easy to take on trips!
on August 15, 2014
This is a fun card game where the cards are round and 3 1/4 inch diameter, and each card has eight different figures pictured on it (out of 50 different ones) in various sizes from lips to sunglasses to igloo. The figures are the same color and shape on every card, for example, the lips are always red and shaped the same, but they may be different sizes on the two different cards. If you put two cards down there will only ever be one match of the figures on any two cards.
There are a variety of games you can play, and we've only played the first one so far. The game is fast paced. It only takes a couple of minutes to play.
I thought my 6 yr. old granddaughter would enjoy this game--she loves board games. We played it a couple of times, and she beat me both times. Then the five year old played with grandpa and he won also. So it's a great game to play with just two people. (I think one person could also have fun challenging himself.) But the real fun was playing with the grand kids' parents. wow! It got loud and crazy and pretty hilarious. At one point we had five playing.
I really like this game. It's very portable--would fit into a purse--and simple enough to learn quickly. There are a variety of these spot it games, some for younger players that use numbers, shapes, etc. The five year old can't read, so the words on this version and some of the symbols were hard for him, but he learned quickly to just grab the card and point to the match, and when he learned the words and symbols (yin/yang, "art", etc.) it didn't hold him back.
Highly recommended!
on March 10, 2016
I added this game to my cart on a whim while trying to figure out some last minute Christmas gifts. This was meant to make it into my 3 year old's stocking, but we kind of forgot. Oops. Well, I remembered it a few weeks later and pulled it out on a random snow day just after New Year's. We have been playing this game nearly every day since. Not only is it well-loved by my preschooler, but even my husband and I find it to be fun and fast paced. I love that it aids in color, shape and letter recognition while entertaining my son. While we enjoy playing this the traditional way, we also enjoy laying the cards out and playing "go fish" of sorts. We each choose one card to start with and take turns choosing a card from the "pond" and yelling out our match before placing the old card in our discard pile and fishing with our newly acquired card. I think as my son gets older, he'll enjoy the traditional fast-paced challenge and we'll be playing Spot It! for years to come. I can't wait to add other titles to our small but growing collection of Blue Orange Games!
on December 27, 2015
This is a wonderful game for all ages! It's crazy there is really one and only one match to each card.

Pros:
we have played this game with ages 5-70 and all have had a blast.
It is so quick to learn and explain that people who normally wouldn't play games often jump in.
The rounds are quick and the players can be changed each round so someone could easily jump in or out of the game making it great for groups.
There are 5 different ways to play (we often only do 2 of them) but it gives variety to change it up. They are all the same concept but for some reason it can seem so much harder for your brain to process it differently!
The size of the game and container are small and durable which makes it great for travel. Also makes it less intimidating for those who hate games.

Cons:
Some of the pictures are weird but since you have to call out the name of the symbol what people call them can be quite hilarious (so i guess more of a pro?).

I didn't expect to love this game but since it was on sale I thought I would give it a go. Now anytime Kids come over they ask to play and adults usually end up playing and cracking up too.
on July 7, 2014
I was surprised with how popular this game was, I picked this and a few other games up for an big family vacation. There were 20 people - 10 adults / 10 kids, with the kids age range of 8 - 18. Everyone was able to play this game and have fun, it was the most frequently pulled out game during the week.

Pros:
-suitable for all ages
- Younger Players: as long as they have the vocabulary they can play. Words like "lightening bolt, exclamation point, yin yang" although you could probably allow them to point at items if they didn't know the words.
- Older Players: this is a game of speed, the first person to make the match wins, so the older may be a bit disadvantaged when going up against kids, but there were always rounds where no one found the match for almost a minute.
- Quick rounds: depending on the rules used, the games usual lasted about five minutes. This made it great for people dropping in or out of the game, or filling time waiting for something then suddenly dropping the game to go do something else.
- Multiple ways to play: the rules that come with the game offer clear instructions on a couple of different game rules, we played a couple different ways and even came up with new ways to play
- Feels fresh after multiple games. Every game is unique, just shuffle the deck and replay for a whole new game.

Cons:
Some of the games were disappointingly short, but that's the nature of having cards without repeated characters. I will probably pick up other versions of this game to create some variety.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.