Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Spot it Alphabet

on August 8, 2017
Our 3-year old loves this game because you have to find the match on 2 different cards. Sometimes it's a letter, and sometimes, it's a shape. Side note: As a parent, I sat there with the game for 30 minutes trying to figure out the algorithm that they used to create the cards so there exactly only one match per pair of cards. Still didn't get it! Very cool.
3 people found this helpful
on March 4, 2016
This is a great game for kids of all ages, adults get a hoot out of playing it as well! It comes with rules but this game can be played multiple ways and allows kids to have fun while learning and bonding with peers or family members. We use this game at home, at church, with friends and as a study tool! We even gifted one to our child's preschool teacher. There are multiple themes available and skill levels as well. This game works well for 2-3 players but can even be played by larger groups of 6-10 players (it just goes quicker, unless you add another stack to it). I have never heard a child in our large Sunday school program (200+ kids per weekend) say "No" to playing, they never get tired of playing and everyone of our adult leaders loves the game as well! Our teacher friends love the educational aspect of this particular one and this game has helped our youngest child who is resistant to reading and learning letters enjoy his practice and study time! I feel its a little expensive, or at least some of the themes can be, but the game comes in a durable tin and the cards are reasonably durable as well- which matches the quality to the price (you get what you pay for stands true with this product). Overall win and worth every penny.
2 people found this helpful
on March 25, 2015
I have a pre-schooler and we are working on our letters, more precisely we are working on recognizing our letters, as he knows a bunch of them. This is the perfect game for my 3, almost 4, year old to begin building this skill, as it takes no time to set-up and we can play it for 5 or 20 minutes when there is some free time before dinner. Super simple and we both have a lot of fun trying to find the matching letter or shape, which is a nice option to break consistently looking for a letter.

To start I toss out 2 cards and let him find the first pair or help if needed while saying the name of the letter when we do. A little repetition of the letter name helps to get the basic rote learning down, while adding active learning of matching to keep him interested seems to be working well . After we find the first one, I toss out another card and he can match it to either one of the first two and so on. Before long we have 7-9 cards out and finding all kinds of matches. I usually pick them up at this point and start again with two. This signifies a new game to him and we can usually get another round in before he looses interest, but guess what, if he looses interest after only 5 cards, then we scoop them all up and put them away in 10 seconds. May not have gotten in a ton of time, but we are keeping it fun and he wants to do it again another day. Oh darn, learning is now fun..... Wish I had thought of this game and was now making money off it. :(
One person found this helpful
on February 21, 2018
I had heard of these games, but never had a chance to play them. When I was looking for a last minute gift for my preschooler, I came across these. It has turned into one of our favorite games to play! It's been hard to find card and board games that our preschooler can play with us (mom and dad and big brother). I've been looking at other versions of Spot It! as well, so that we can all keep enjoying it! This game is perfect for taking on vacation, or playing with other kids, because its compact and easy to learn.
on October 29, 2014
We own Spot It!, Spot It! Numbers and Shapes and Spot It! Alphabets.

Spot It! Alphabet is greate because of creating motivation by competition. They are getting better recognition about every time we play.

My kids prefer the base Spot It! and the Alphabet version better because they have a harder time with the numbers so we alternate the other games to keep them motivated and give them a chance to get ramped back up. I definitely recommend all three of the games mentioned above.

Sometimes we, as parents, need for our little ones to be independent for ~30 minutes. So instead of Super Why? or Daniel Tiger (nothing wrong with this), we have been substituting our Spot It! games. But most of the time we do sit down with them and proxy the game.
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon March 17, 2014
I'm teaching English in Japan, and have found Spot It Alphabet version to be one of my favorite tools for the little kids who don't yet know how to read and are still having trouble identifying the letters of the alphabet. (Frankly, I've played it with older kids too, because sometimes they forget what letter is which.)

To keep it fun, I have the kids point to the matching letter, then if they haven't said the letter I make them tell me (but they've already won the pair of cards). If some kids are much faster than others, I'll do it in rotating pairs.

Love this game. And even better... the kids love it.
2 people found this helpful
on March 1, 2016
This is a GREAT game!! It's perfect for your little ones just starting to learn/recognize their ABC's. My daughters are 4 and enjoy playing the game and begin to recognize their ABC's. It's a very quick game so there is no problems keeping their attention and no complicated instructions. My daughters will even play the game by themselves, just going through the cards and looking for matches.
on November 4, 2015
My son is 4 and he does well with sounds and stating the letter that every word starts with, but his recognition of letters that are written are hit or miss... A lot of the cards have an animal or object that the letter begins with and so my son automatically knows which letter it is but only because of that... With these cards, it really gives my son a chance to practice and learn... They are perfect for him!
on March 20, 2018
I teach Kindergarten and both my high and lower students enjoy playing this game which allows me to pair a higher student with a lower one. This makes for more meaningful practice time!
on January 17, 2018
I was very excited to get this for my 5 year old. She has the picture one and LOVES it. This one is great except there isn't very many cards. The other one we have, the tin is full of cards but this one was maybe 1/4 full. I kind of felt like I got ripped off.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.