Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style: Alphabet|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,479 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,852 reviews
on April 23, 2016
Spot It is a great little game to throw into a carry on bag when traveling or to bring along to kill time before the food arrives at a restaurant. The game is deceptively simple but it is entertaining for adults as well as kids since the game changes every time.

Spot It consists of a hand sized metal tin with a snug fitting lid and a deck of round cards. Each card has a set of different pictures – some words, some symbols, all dependent on the version you are playing. The most simple way to play the game is to turn two cards over at a time, players search for the one picture or symbol that the cards have in common. It sounds so simple but the kids beat me more often than not – younger eyes move more quickly! The game is fast paced and fun and challenging enough to keep adults and kids alike entertained. No reading needed so perfect for younger kids too!

We have the Spot It Junior Animals version of this game as well but I think that most kids would be fine with the version labeled for older kids and adults.

One of the biggest pros for me is even if one of the cards falls behind the bookshelf, the monster under the bed steals it or it gets torn, you can still play the game. How many games in your basement are basically useless since a card is lost or the green cherries are missing in action?

I find myself suggesting this game when the kids want to have a game night - so much better than the one thousand nine hundred and sixty third round of Candyland. Or Hi-Ho Cherry...please don't make me try to find all those green cherries again.

5 stars for Spot It from us!
on December 26, 2015
Perfect for all ages! We opened this last night and my four-year-old caught on so quickly. I'm amazed that any two cards only has one matching picture, but that's beside the point. The instructions come with four possible games to play, but we quickly came up with an easy version for just two players (see below). I love this game because it's easy to play in a short amount of time, and my kids can play it by themselves.

Our two-player version:
Both players draw a card from the pile, and then a central card is drawn from the pile. Both players look for a match with the center card and call out their match. The first to call out their match collects their card and the card in the center pile. The other player's card goes into the center, then repeat the process. The person with the biggest pile of cards at the end wins.
on June 18, 2016
I purchased this unique card game after playing it with my 8 year old grandson at church camp. One of the other sponsors brought it and all the kids went wild wanting to play it when we were in the cafeteria lines or while we waited. It is small has a tin can to keep the cards and easy to carry around. This is one of the best traveling or all time games I have ever played that is age appropriate for my 6 year old up to my Mother in Law who is 80! There are several games you can play with it or even make up your own. Our favorite is to try to quickly match a picture on the card with your opponents and give them your card. I love having fun games around that are not electronic and this is one of the most fun games I have enjoyed playing myself with my grand children. I highly recommend this awesome card game!
This was a personal purchase I made.
on May 1, 2011
The game says it's for 7 and up and is billed as mostly an adult party game. But I have to say, my 4 year old LOVES it.

We have only played "The Tower" version of the rules - where each player has one card and tries to spot their matching symbol on the top card of the pile as soon as it is turned face up. The first time we played it, we (the adults) would close their eyes and not look at the center card while we counted to 5. This allowed our daughter to have a head start since her visual discrimination skills are not nearly as developed as ours. Each time we played the game, we ended up counting to a lower number until finally, she didn't need any lead time at all.

I highly recommend this game to parents of preschoolers, early grade schoolers, and any kids with reading difficulties. Being able to quickly spot the differences in letters, to decide if it's a "b", "d", or even a "p" is critical to being able to read. This is a fun way to boost those skills as well as a fun way to spend time as a family.
22 comments| 347 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2016
My family LOVES this game. I was worried that it would be too hard for some of our kids since we have kids from 0-12 all but the baby can play. My 3 year old has even mastered it. It is fun for all ages. It's one of the kids card games I actually enjoy playing. There is like 5 different ways to play it so you really don't get bored. I would reccommend this game to anyone. Great price also and easy to take on trips!
on March 27, 2017
Awesome game. I played it with some friends and decided to get my own. Perfect for a couple quick short games when you don't know how much time you'll have to play. Cards are sturdy.
My only complaint is that the box has been QUITE difficult to open each time I want to play and I end up pulling on it for a while and then it finally opens and spews cards everywhere but maybe that will lesson the more I use it. Maybe that's just my game.
Other than that, fantastic game. Try it out. It's fun.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 1, 2015
My 9-year-old son absolutely loves this game! I love it too, because it's one of the few games that is a truly fair contest between a 9-year-old and an adult. From the description, it seems like the game would be easy, but actually it's quite difficult, and that makes it engaging. I can honestly say that I don't pull any punches when I play this with him, and I still lose about 60% of the time. And nothing makes a kid happier than beating a parent fair and square. :)
on December 28, 2015
We purchased this game as a stocking stuffer for our 5-yr old. We have played it every day since Christmas. He absolutely loves playing this game. There were objects on the cards my son did not recognize or could associate with words so this also gave us an opportunity to teach him a few new things. We intended to buy Spot it Jr. for our 3-yr old but it didn't make it into our Prime cart and ended up scrambling to find it in a store at the last minute. Our 3-yr old likes Jr. just as much as his brother likes this one. We recommend getting them both if you have little people. The package says ages 7 and up but it is perfectly fine for 5-yr olds. My wife and I find it amusing and fun as well. We sometimes play teams using one parent & child vs the other parent & child or two children vs one parent. When they're spent on playing, Mom and Dad go head-to-head once before retiring the games. We mix it up between the two versions. I don't know why, but both boys always cheer (and cheat) for Mom. That's OK though because I'm undefeated against Mom to date! 👿. Very enjoyable and a great time between filler! Worth every penny! I'm on the hunt for different versions right after I post this review. Highly recommended!
on March 2, 2017
As a mental health therapist, I use this game for rapport building and skills teaching. It's an easy to learn, easy to implement game. There are several variations, which is fun to switch up. I bought the Smile Edition, preferring the color palette and design, but I wish it came in a tin instead of a box.
on March 23, 2011
The following review was written by Parker, one of my fourth grade students. We play Spot It! in my class from time to time and it is a BIG hit with the students.

Edit/Note (3/31/11): If you want to get a taste of this great game, Blue Orange Games has a demo you can play for free on their website right here: [...]

Spot it is a great game to play. There are many different ways to play it, and the game includes directions for 4 different ways. My favorite way to play is called Hot Potato. Hot Potato is pretty easy to play. First you get as many people as you want to play, then separate all the people that are playing into 4 even(ish) groups.
Then you give every one who is playing a card that they place face down in their hand. When the game starts, everyone flips over their card and whoever finds a match from their card on one of the other calls it out and gives the person their card. Play continues until one person ends up with all of the cards and then they are 'out' until the game is over.

Every card of Spot it at least has one picture that has a match on EVERY other card. I pulled one card out of the container and it had a tree, sunglasses, sunflower, dog, raindrop, and a carrot. I picked up a different card and it had the dog on it. There can be as many people as you want to play.

That's why Spot it can be a very fun game. I also me personally think it's a five star game.

Pros: Doesn't cost much, fun to play, always challenging, very quick, an easy game to play.

Cons: Sometimes it is hard to find the match, sometimes the game moves VERY quickly

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.