BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

Spot it Alphabet
Style: Alphabet|Change

on April 23, 2016
Spot It is a great little game to throw into a carry on bag when traveling or to bring along to kill time before the food arrives at a restaurant. The game is deceptively simple but it is entertaining for adults as well as kids since the game changes every time.

Spot It consists of a hand sized metal tin with a snug fitting lid and a deck of round cards. Each card has a set of different pictures – some words, some symbols, all dependent on the version you are playing. The most simple way to play the game is to turn two cards over at a time, players search for the one picture or symbol that the cards have in common. It sounds so simple but the kids beat me more often than not – younger eyes move more quickly! The game is fast paced and fun and challenging enough to keep adults and kids alike entertained. No reading needed so perfect for younger kids too!

We have the Spot It Junior Animals version of this game as well but I think that most kids would be fine with the version labeled for older kids and adults.

One of the biggest pros for me is even if one of the cards falls behind the bookshelf, the monster under the bed steals it or it gets torn, you can still play the game. How many games in your basement are basically useless since a card is lost or the green cherries are missing in action?

I find myself suggesting this game when the kids want to have a game night - so much better than the one thousand nine hundred and sixty third round of Candyland. Or Hi-Ho Cherry...please don't make me try to find all those green cherries again.

5 stars for Spot It from us!
on June 22, 2016
I am so glad I got this. After reading several reviews, I opted to purchase, in hopes my twin 6 year old nieces and 8 year old nephew would enjoy this and enjoy this we all did. This game is relatively addicting and pretty fun, even for an adult. I know the age range wasn't kosher for the little ladies, but once they understood the concept, what they couldn't read, or what they didn't know, I just had them point out on the middle deck (I believe that is the first game you can play in the instruction sheet).
on December 27, 2015
This is a wonderful game for all ages! It's crazy there is really one and only one match to each card.

Pros:
we have played this game with ages 5-70 and all have had a blast.
It is so quick to learn and explain that people who normally wouldn't play games often jump in.
The rounds are quick and the players can be changed each round so someone could easily jump in or out of the game making it great for groups.
There are 5 different ways to play (we often only do 2 of them) but it gives variety to change it up. They are all the same concept but for some reason it can seem so much harder for your brain to process it differently!
The size of the game and container are small and durable which makes it great for travel. Also makes it less intimidating for those who hate games.

Cons:
Some of the pictures are weird but since you have to call out the name of the symbol what people call them can be quite hilarious (so i guess more of a pro?).

I didn't expect to love this game but since it was on sale I thought I would give it a go. Now anytime Kids come over they ask to play and adults usually end up playing and cracking up too.
on July 7, 2014
I was surprised with how popular this game was, I picked this and a few other games up for an big family vacation. There were 20 people - 10 adults / 10 kids, with the kids age range of 8 - 18. Everyone was able to play this game and have fun, it was the most frequently pulled out game during the week.

Pros:
-suitable for all ages
- Younger Players: as long as they have the vocabulary they can play. Words like "lightening bolt, exclamation point, yin yang" although you could probably allow them to point at items if they didn't know the words.
- Older Players: this is a game of speed, the first person to make the match wins, so the older may be a bit disadvantaged when going up against kids, but there were always rounds where no one found the match for almost a minute.
- Quick rounds: depending on the rules used, the games usual lasted about five minutes. This made it great for people dropping in or out of the game, or filling time waiting for something then suddenly dropping the game to go do something else.
- Multiple ways to play: the rules that come with the game offer clear instructions on a couple of different game rules, we played a couple different ways and even came up with new ways to play
- Feels fresh after multiple games. Every game is unique, just shuffle the deck and replay for a whole new game.

Cons:
Some of the games were disappointingly short, but that's the nature of having cards without repeated characters. I will probably pick up other versions of this game to create some variety.
on March 2, 2017
As a mental health therapist, I use this game for rapport building and skills teaching. It's an easy to learn, easy to implement game. There are several variations, which is fun to switch up. I bought the Smile Edition, preferring the color palette and design, but I wish it came in a tin instead of a box.
on August 28, 2017
What a fun game. We like it a lot more than the original Spot It! game, with pictures that are more fun. The larger cards are a bit harder to handle, and I sure wish it came in a storage tin, as the box is too big to put in a purse or backpack. But the game is loud, noisy fun for children and adults.
on May 18, 2017
fun game we are playing on car trips. Easy entertainment. Kids really like it. It's amazing how at times one just doesn't see what matches.
on August 9, 2017
Our new family favorite. I played this at a women's game night and it was a hit. I grabbed one for my house and even my 4 year old loves it! It is harder for the younger so we just take turns at this point. The instructions come with several ways to play for different levels.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 1, 2015
My 9-year-old son absolutely loves this game! I love it too, because it's one of the few games that is a truly fair contest between a 9-year-old and an adult. From the description, it seems like the game would be easy, but actually it's quite difficult, and that makes it engaging. I can honestly say that I don't pull any punches when I play this with him, and I still lose about 60% of the time. And nothing makes a kid happier than beating a parent fair and square. :)
on March 25, 2015
I have a pre-schooler and we are working on our letters, more precisely we are working on recognizing our letters, as he knows a bunch of them. This is the perfect game for my 3, almost 4, year old to begin building this skill, as it takes no time to set-up and we can play it for 5 or 20 minutes when there is some free time before dinner. Super simple and we both have a lot of fun trying to find the matching letter or shape, which is a nice option to break consistently looking for a letter.

To start I toss out 2 cards and let him find the first pair or help if needed while saying the name of the letter when we do. A little repetition of the letter name helps to get the basic rote learning down, while adding active learning of matching to keep him interested seems to be working well . After we find the first one, I toss out another card and he can match it to either one of the first two and so on. Before long we have 7-9 cards out and finding all kinds of matches. I usually pick them up at this point and start again with two. This signifies a new game to him and we can usually get another round in before he looses interest, but guess what, if he looses interest after only 5 cards, then we scoop them all up and put them away in 10 seconds. May not have gotten in a ton of time, but we are keeping it fun and he wants to do it again another day. Oh darn, learning is now fun..... Wish I had thought of this game and was now making money off it. :(

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.