Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 25, 2015
I have a pre-schooler and we are working on our letters, more precisely we are working on recognizing our letters, as he knows a bunch of them. This is the perfect game for my 3, almost 4, year old to begin building this skill, as it takes no time to set-up and we can play it for 5 or 20 minutes when there is some free time before dinner. Super simple and we both have a lot of fun trying to find the matching letter or shape, which is a nice option to break consistently looking for a letter.

To start I toss out 2 cards and let him find the first pair or help if needed while saying the name of the letter when we do. A little repetition of the letter name helps to get the basic rote learning down, while adding active learning of matching to keep him interested seems to be working well . After we find the first one, I toss out another card and he can match it to either one of the first two and so on. Before long we have 7-9 cards out and finding all kinds of matches. I usually pick them up at this point and start again with two. This signifies a new game to him and we can usually get another round in before he looses interest, but guess what, if he looses interest after only 5 cards, then we scoop them all up and put them away in 10 seconds. May not have gotten in a ton of time, but we are keeping it fun and he wants to do it again another day. Oh darn, learning is now fun..... Wish I had thought of this game and was now making money off it. :(
on March 4, 2016
This is a great game for kids of all ages, adults get a hoot out of playing it as well! It comes with rules but this game can be played multiple ways and allows kids to have fun while learning and bonding with peers or family members. We use this game at home, at church, with friends and as a study tool! We even gifted one to our child's preschool teacher. There are multiple themes available and skill levels as well. This game works well for 2-3 players but can even be played by larger groups of 6-10 players (it just goes quicker, unless you add another stack to it). I have never heard a child in our large Sunday school program (200+ kids per weekend) say "No" to playing, they never get tired of playing and everyone of our adult leaders loves the game as well! Our teacher friends love the educational aspect of this particular one and this game has helped our youngest child who is resistant to reading and learning letters enjoy his practice and study time! I feel its a little expensive, or at least some of the themes can be, but the game comes in a durable tin and the cards are reasonably durable as well- which matches the quality to the price (you get what you pay for stands true with this product). Overall win and worth every penny.
on August 8, 2017
Our 3-year old loves this game because you have to find the match on 2 different cards. Sometimes it's a letter, and sometimes, it's a shape. Side note: As a parent, I sat there with the game for 30 minutes trying to figure out the algorithm that they used to create the cards so there exactly only one match per pair of cards. Still didn't get it! Very cool.
on February 21, 2018
I had heard of these games, but never had a chance to play them. When I was looking for a last minute gift for my preschooler, I came across these. It has turned into one of our favorite games to play! It's been hard to find card and board games that our preschooler can play with us (mom and dad and big brother). I've been looking at other versions of Spot It! as well, so that we can all keep enjoying it! This game is perfect for taking on vacation, or playing with other kids, because its compact and easy to learn.
VINE VOICEon March 17, 2014
I'm teaching English in Japan, and have found Spot It Alphabet version to be one of my favorite tools for the little kids who don't yet know how to read and are still having trouble identifying the letters of the alphabet. (Frankly, I've played it with older kids too, because sometimes they forget what letter is which.)

To keep it fun, I have the kids point to the matching letter, then if they haven't said the letter I make them tell me (but they've already won the pair of cards). If some kids are much faster than others, I'll do it in rotating pairs.

Love this game. And even better... the kids love it.
on December 10, 2017
What a fun game..you can play it fast or slow, matching the youngsters ability. Our grandson had a blast matching/spotting letters and colors and shapes. A great learning tool and fun to play together.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Bought this for my niece as a gift but a family member in education swears by these games for teaching/reinforcing letters on the way to reading. Spot it is fun for all ages (who can find the letter or picture first?) but little ones love it. Will buy for my own little one in the future.
on February 16, 2018
My students love playing this game, and it’s a great way for them to learn letter recognition without them feeling like they’re doing schoolwork.
on February 14, 2018
Great game. Keeps my grandchildren entertained for long periods of time. I carry it in my purse for times when the kiddos need to be quiet.
on January 3, 2014
"Santa" got this for our 4 year old. It's a nice, short game to pay before bed time. I was a little disappointed that it only has upper case letters but that's a minor issue. It is challenging and fun for him.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.