Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 109 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 128 reviews
on January 13, 2013
I thought the first book was great, the second one was even better!!!Blue Plague Survival The author Thomas A. Watson keeps you on the edge of your seat, or rolling on the floor laughing with the rest of the characters. Don't get me wrong, there is serious action taking place...These people can kick some ass! If you are a delicate or sensitive reader, this is going to be way out of your comfort range. For the rest of us, what else can I say except that s*** is about to get real! I think if this situation ever really happened, Bruce is the type of guy I would want in charge. Even in the story there are some characters that have a "oh please, we can't say naughty words in front of the children!" attitude, so I am sure some of the reviewers have the same view. Let me tell you, if a virus such as this, with the infected turning blue & biting & killing people...oh, & being damned hard to kill, then throw in some biker gangs, that want to rape & kill...I don't think proper vocabulary is going to be priority one for me.
On that note, people in the reviews are constantly complaining about the editing in these indie books. I read somewhere about the cost of having a book edited! I was horrified. I don't remember the exact amount right off the top of my head, but it was a lot per WORD! I don't know what the authors get per book, but at a couple of dollars for an e-book it can't be very much. They are trying to keep the cost of the book down so as many people as possible will read their story. If people keep complaining we are going to lose all of these fresh stories and I for one would really feel the loss. The way the publishing industry is run these days, some of the new authors would never even get their books looked at much less we, the reader, getting a chance to read them. Please if you are going to be bothered by some miss spelled words, commas in the wrong place, or some typos, then stick to books that have been to the publisher and have been edited to death, and make sure you are willing to whip out your wallet, because it will cost you and you will lose some of that freshness. I would be glad to help edit just for the joy of reading the book, and to thank the author for the escape his writing gave me. So just enjoy the story. (Climbing down off of my soapboxed now, sorry, I do go on a rant every once in a while.) Sorry to you Mr. Watson, I didn't mean to use your review as a podium, I just really, really enjoyed your books and get frustrated with the constant criticism on editing, especially when most of us reviewers could use an editor for our reviews:-)
READ THIS BOOK!!!! IT IS THE SECOND PART OF AN EXCELLENT SERIES!!! I can't wait for the third book!!!
on January 3, 2013
Just finished this totally awesome book.

*****MAJOR SPOILER ALERT(?)*****

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ Blue Plague The Fall READ IT FIRST ...Book 1 ties directly into this book

I admit to getting choked up more than once; especially the scene with Nathan....wow. I laughed....I honestly can't say how many times. I don't mean not only the "chuckle" laughs you get from books; I'm talking had-to-stop-reading, pounding on my recliner arm, eye-wiping laughs.

While this was more of a expanding-the-stronghold and welcome-to-life-after-the-ZA book, it was EXTREMELY entertaining. Still had some "blue" interaction, just not to the level of the first book.

Plenty of a**-kickin, some Blues but mostly the lowlifes that you can expect with the disappearance of authority.

Well worth the effort and price. This Author puts you through the wringer...AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!

\m/
on April 2, 2013
So in my review of the first book my biggest complaint was the lack of use of contractions. This one went a little overboard and inconsistent in using Southern colloquialisms. One page they were overly used and then we were back to highly educated professionals. This continued through the book but after a while it didn't bother me as much. I read a review about the verbiage of the families and the lack of "y'all" and other associated Southern "words". I really didn't find this all too confusing, this was a highly educated and traveled family. I live in the South but I lived most of my life in CA. I think it's more about education as far as using the slang goes.

I did read and reviewed the first book (4 stars) and I continue to tell you that it is the most entertaining zombie book I've read and I have read most of what Amazon offers! Yes, there is blood, gore, rescues, attacks by both the blue's and humans, neither of which I found out of place. These books are not for the squeamish, kids or those who are offended by (very) strong language. There wasn't anything said in this book that I haven't heard before but at times I felt its use out of place... At other times it was probably dead on to what I might have said in the same situation (OK very unladylike there but I deserve points for honesty!).

If I have done proper searches then this is only the 2nd book by the author and I think once he settles into his own pattern of writing he'll do well. Right now he can be all over the place so you need to pay attention and if you know what's good for you, you'll go pee before you start reading! Like so many of you, I'm anxiously awaiting for Book 3.

Oh that reminds me, I'm SOOOOO glad that he's numbering the installments! I have several series that I'm reading/read and it's a pain to go through them when they aren't numbered and figure out what the book order is! I have one series that has another new (and final) book coming in May. I will be reading the first 13 of them before the new one comes out, I just have to sit down and figure out the order and it's going to really make me cranky!
on December 19, 2012
After finishing the first book in two days, I was waiting for this sequel for what seemed like years (really only a few months). Then I got Book Two and despite trying to ration myself, I still finished it in three days. Bruce and Mike are back, and badder than ever. I won't give any spoilers but the action in the first half of the book was mindblowing, while the second half was a little slower as the clan was busy with other projects and concerns. Some of the secondary characters, Stephanie for instance, get more of a chance to shine in this book and we get to learn more about them. Bruce, as in the first book, is still a larger-than-life character and we get more details about his days as a Ranger as well as find out more about "the wave". Hopefully, Book Three is already in the works.
on May 28, 2013
I love this series. All of the characters capture your heart. I like that unlike many end of the world series this one doesn't kill off beloved characters that serve no logical reason. Death for death sake. Bruce loves his family and the clan he reluctantly began to collect. He never ran from a fight to protect those he loved and woe be it to anyone who screwed with one of his. I certainly am eagerly awaiting the next book. A word of caution -- if you are a member of the grammar police this series will drive you crazy. Either Mr. Watson doesn't have an editor or beta or he doesn't use one for to is used when it should be too throughout the book, since for sense, then for than and so on. But I enjoyed the book bad grammar and all. The Blue Plague is not the everyday zombie book rather its in its own class. If you can ignore the grammar you will love the characters and the plot line.
on March 10, 2013
Book is intense and a fun read. Interesting how the main character juggles all the issues that come with the end of civilization as we know it: gangs, limited resources, sanity, family, loss. Author throws in how the government changes, evolution of the undead, how to rebuild society and salvage what's left.

However, the author has taken me out of my comfort zone by his wife pushing so many good friends into their bedroom. Caution to the male author. You have created awesome characters and the synergy is well balanced but dont let the male fañtasy over shadow the greatness of the storyline. I like the focus on family just dont disrespect the unity. Not when society has collapsed.

Cant wait for book 3!-
on December 24, 2012
If you have not read The Blue Plague series, you need to make it a priority. The sequel, Blue Plague Survival, it amazing. I love the characters and the action. I have laughed, cried, and been shocked. It not only grips your imagination but also your emotions.
on December 27, 2012
I absolutely loved this book. I was absorbed by the plot, trying to outguess Bruce and Mike's response to adventures which popped up. I'm also in love with Debbie as she is my type of woman. This book dealt with family life...individual and group. There were unhappy happenings such as a suicide, but as usual, Bruce was 'on top' of the real problem and handled it the way it should have been handled. I cannot wait for the next book to come out. There will be a lot of action coming up...you can feel the tension building up. As usual, I shall be sitting here, twiddling my thumbs until the next saga arrives.
on December 30, 2014
I think this one of the best story you will e eyes read. There are four or five books in Blue Plague and this is the 3rd time I am reading them. I love the way this family is. I feel the same Family first great Books.
on February 27, 2013
Ive been reading post apocalyptic/zombie genre books for the last twelve years! Ive read A LOT of them. I cant express how much Ive enjoyed these two Blue Plague books by TW. I love the characters! I love the mindset of the characters. The story line is awesome. While I wasnt a ranger I did spend time in the Army and I have to admit, Im a lot like the lead character, while not his size unfortunately.

I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK IN THE SERIES! I only hope that I can get a physical copy of book two for my collection. If the s*** ever does hit the fan I dont want my ability to read this great fiction taken away by a lack of electricity!