Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 212 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 277 reviews
on January 30, 2017
They're trying to sell this book under a new title when it was published back in 2004. Oh yeah, they put one little line in light italics to say that it was previously published. Most of us did not notice that line. I and three of my friends did not notice that "warning" and bought the same book twice and I have to tell you we are plenty hot under the collar. If you're gonna do this, put a real warning in LARGE BOLD letters right at the top of the book's description. I thought this book was very good when I read the original. Maybe the reason you got so many bad reviews that said they were bored was because they HAD ALREADY READ IT!! Come on, Robyn, what are you trying to do to your favorite fans? Run us off for good? That's a shame.
on September 21, 2012
I stumbled on the first Virgin River novel at a book swap and was hooked immediately. It is a dream world but her characters are so
Easy to like that I found it hard to put down and have gone on to read the entire series. I read the review on Blue Skies where the reader did not enjoy all the technical aspects of the airline business but decided to try it anyway. I am so glad I did as I found that information only added depth to the story. If you like Robyn Carr I think you will enjoy this book and I hope it is the start of a whole new series. I read it on my kindle and really like the notifications I get when one of my favourite authors, Robyn Carr being one, has a new book out.
I remember reading this book a few years ago when I was tracking down all the prior books Robyn Carr had written. I'm hooked on the Virgin River series and wanted to see what else Carr had written. I enjoyed it then and I enjoyed it again, especially as it has been updated to contain current references. Another older book of Carr's that I found exceptional is The House on Olive Street. I notice it has been reprinted also.

"Blue Skies" is a romance but first and foremost, it is about the airline industry. I enjoyed learning about the inner workings of a small airline and found the "insider details" very interesting. I enjoyed the characters, especially the strong women, such as pilot Nikki Burgess. Sometimes the characters are a bit stereotypical but I still thought this was a fun, readable book.
on September 29, 2015
I usually enjoy Robyn Carr, but I couldn't begin to get through this book. Way tedious. Boring....I quit early on. I'm disappointed a seasoned writer would produce something of this quality. I usually won't give bad reviews, but when I get a book from a writer who knows how to write but does cheats her readers like this book did, I couldn't resist.
on October 20, 2014
I skipped pages, I almost skipped chapters, and still this book moved too slowly. It reads like a very dry and sleep inducing manual on the airline industry. Can't believe that this is a Robyn Carr novel and I can't believe that they published it! Skip this one.
on March 30, 2015
I absolutely love Robyn Carr books!! But, this one, well....let's just say that I've learned all that I've ever wanted to learn about airports, airplanes, pilots, flying, etc. It got very old, very fast. I hate to give it a bad review, but have no choice on this one.
on April 1, 2017
I love books that I can't put down,and Robyn Carr knows how to write them! I will be downloading another of her books immediately!
on August 26, 2014
I loved this book!! Robyn Carr never lets you down with her books!
on January 20, 2014
likeable characters. interesting to read development of an airline.like strong women and a bit of mystery and romance. good escape read.
on May 7, 2015
This book took me back quite a few years. I worked in HR for an airline and this story is absolutely true without the hijack attempt. Robyn Carr really knows how to hold a reader's attention. Hoping this will become a series. With these same characters, I see several possibilities for more books that need to be written. Here's hoping.