Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on August 17, 2017
Note:This rating is for the DVD packaging/presentation/video quality itself.

The TV series however, is the most cookie cutter 80s action show you have ever seen. There's a countless # of tropes that could be witnessed here. The Blue Thunder helicopter is beautiful to see in action scenes. But the plots of every show could easily be recycled from The A-Team, Airwolf, or any other action show. Even the trope of the police captain yelling at the main character is present.
on June 23, 2017
OK
on January 24, 2008
I remember watching this TV series when it first aired, thinking it really wasn't very good. Then "Air Wolf" came along to steal the thunder away, and before you could say "whisper mode", Blue Thunder had been cancelled.

Looking back, this series really wasn't a failure at all. Granted the first few episodes are very repetitive and poorly written, but the series soon hits its stride. When compared to other 80's tv series such as Knight Rider and the A-Team, Blue Thunder fits in nicely. If you're a fan of the feature film, or just looking for escapist entertainment, 80's style, I think you'll enjoy this series!

Only eleven episodes, so I wouldn't pay more than $20! Wait for a good deal!

JM
on February 15, 2018
I just love this series! I have watched it quite a bit since I've gotten it. I didn't remember much about it when I was young, but really enjoy it now. I'm so glad I bought this! It has just the right amount of comedy and action.
on September 14, 2017
on August 8, 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 25, 2016
A good way to extend the original ideas of the movie to a tv series. Very good. Fans of the movie will enjoy it
on February 7, 2017
Very nice movie. Thanks
on February 25, 2012
Many people believe the ABC tv series, "Blue Thunder" was mainly cancelled because of CBS' "Airwolf". Airwolf had NOTHING to do with Blue Thunder being cancelled! ABC debuted Blue Thunder on Friday nights directly against CBS' top rated show, "Dallas". Dallas was at it's peak during this time and buried anything ABC or NBC put up against it. Unfortunately, whoever was in charge at ABC didn't bother placing Blue Thunder on another night, so it never really stood a chance. Although I was a fan of Dallas, I would videotape Blue Thunder so I could enjoy both. I am glad someone was smart enough to bring Blue Thunder to DVD, even though it only lasted 11 episodes. I highly recommend this show to anyone considering buying it. You can see for yourself what a good show it was and wonder like I do what might have been had ABC been smart enough to even give an attempt of saving it.
on July 23, 2017