Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 8, 2016
Beautiful love story!!!
review image
on November 23, 2013
I just want to give everyone a heads-up that Criterion will be releasing a Special Edition for this film later next year. The film is fantastic, and I am giving it 5 stars, but the review is simply a heads-up in case you didn't know there was a better edition coming out later.

Criterion specifically says this on the product page for the movie:

"A full special edition treatment of this film will follow at a later date."

I hope this helps someone. I know I'd be upset if I spend $20 on this basic edition, and then found out later that there's another coming out with a lot more extras included.
5150+ comments| 423 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2017
Other than the ending this was a very nice movie. Well thought out and excellent photography. I really enjoyed the movie until the end which left me with a very unfinished feeling. An intern could have written a better ending: one which would not ruin the rest of the movie for the audience.
on May 16, 2016
One of the best ever
on March 6, 2014
Thank God I am not a teenager today...I thought American teenagers were the poster children for angst, but it seem these are the same issues facing teenagers everywhere; Being accepted, being outcast if different, exploring sexuality and for lack of a better phrase: drama. However, some of the discussions of art, of social mores in this movie were pretty advanced for 17-18 year olds in high school or even college-by American standards. All in all good stuff. Of course everyone is writing about the sex scenes between two young females, I think it added to the closeness of the two lovers and made what happens between them more realistic in the end. The sex scenes are longer, well shot and while not a female, I think realistic. Is it a coming of age/maturity for the younger of the two? You decide.
on August 21, 2017
Good movie but I absolutely hated the ending of it. Pretty disappointed with the ending
on October 16, 2014
Typical French film where they grunge down attractive females. A good story about a misanthropic teen
on January 10, 2017
I think I love this movie more than life itself.
Wow this is a great Lesbian foreign film.
on January 31, 2014
Wow. A very well acted, almost documentary feel at times, look at a first and all consuming love. Shot so up close at times the audience would feel like they are in the room with the characters. 7 minutes of a sex scene is the most genuine filming I have ever seen. You feel for these women and become invested in the outcome. Well done indeed. For me, three hours is always a bit longer than needed and it remains with this, but I think the director wanted us deeply involved with Adele and to do so meant seeing her life more completely.