Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Blue Yeti USB Microphone - Silver" and save 38% off the $149.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
3-Year Musical Instruments Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Blue Yeti USB Microphone - Silver
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo.
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output.
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls.Impedance: 16 ohms
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8 (including 8.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home and Professional), and Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher), and requires a minimum of 64 MB of RAM(remove existing and upload).
|Consumer Alert: Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Please note that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has announced a transition away from wireless microphones that operate in the 600MHz band. Users must cease operating wireless microphones in the 617-652 MHz and 663-698 MHz frequencies no later than July 13, 2020, and possibly sooner if operations could case harmful interference. For more information, visit the FCC's wireless microphone website at http://www.fcc.gov/wireless-microphones-guide or call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC).|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone
Create unparalleled recordings directly in your computer with Blue Microphone's Yeti USB Microphone. The Yeti uses Blue Microphone's proprietary tri-capsule technology to produce pristine, studio-quality recordings. It features four different pattern settings so you can record vocals, instrumental music, podcasts, or interviews in ways that would normally require multiple microphones. With simple controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain, you'll be creating exceptional recordings right out of the box.
- The ultimate professional USB microphone
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
- Plug 'n play - Mac and PC compatible
- Unique positionable design
Four Different Pattern Modes for Versatile Recording
The stereo mode uses both the left and right channels, and is ideal for capturing a realistic, general sound image.
Well-suited for podcasts, vocals, or game streaming, cardioid mode records sound sources that are directly in front of the microphone. It delivers a rich, full-bodied sound.
Omnidirectional mode picks up sound equally from all directions. It’s best used in situations when you want to capture the ambience of 'being there'—like a live recording of a band's performance.
Bidirectional mode records from both the front and the rear of the microphone. It’s ideal for capturing the nuance of a musical instrument, or recording an interview between two people.
Control Your Recording in Real-Time
With its controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain, the Yeti puts you in charge of every level of the recording process. If you are experiencing distortion or feedback while recording an especially loud source, simply adjust the microphone's sensitivity with the gain control. Or, if you want to take a break in the middle of a podcast, use the instant mute button.
The microphone comes equipped with a 3.5-millimeter headphone jack and allows you to listen to what you're recording in real-time, without latency delays. You can adjust the volume of your headphones using a control on the front of the microphone.
Innovative Design Makes Recording Easy
The Yeti features a visual design inspired by classic recording equipment--a stylish, retro aesthetic that will complement any computer system. Its metal grille and shiny frame recall the look of old-timey microphones.
Because it's built on a hinge, you can adjust and pivot the microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality. Once you have it at a desired angle, you can use the set screws to secure it in place. The microphone can also be folded down for easy portability, or removed completely from its base for field recordings.
- Capsules: condenser, pressure gradient
- Polar Patterns: cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, stereo
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
- Bit Rate: 16bit
- Max SPL: 120dB (THD: 0.5% 1kHz)
What's in the Box
Microphone, adjustable stand, USB cable and instructions.
Blue Microphone's Yeti requires no complicated drivers to operate—simply plug it into your computer's USB port with the included USB cable, calibrate it with your operating system, and you're ready to record.
Yeti USB Microphone is backed by a two-year limited warranty.
PC: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP Home Edition or XP Professional, USB 1.1/2.0, 64 MB RAM (minimum).
Macintosh: Mac OSX (10.4.11 or higher), USB 1.1/2.0, 64 MB RAM (minimum).
|Studio-quality audio via digital USB||✓||✓|
|3 condenser capsules in a Tri-capsule array enable 4 recording patterns||✓||✓|
|Color options||Whiteout, Silver, Platinum, Blackout||Black|
|Adjustable Microphone gain control for varying volumes||✓||✓|
|Zero-latency headphone output with volume control for direct monitoring||✓||✓|
|Adjustable angle on its integrated custom-designed desk stand||✓||✓|
|Driverless installation for both Windows and Mac||✓|
|Professional recording via analog XLR||✓|
|Separate analog circuit path||✓|
|Maximum recording resolution||48 kHz/16-bit||192 kHz/24-bit|
Yeti is the most advanced and versatile multi-pattern USB microphone available anywhere. Combining three capsules and four different pattern settings, Yeti is the ultimate tool for creating amazing recordings, directly to your computer. With a sleek Silver finish, Yeti adds style and energy to your recording or broadcasting setup. Now you can capture anything with a clarity and ease unheard of in a USB microphone. Featuring Blue's innovative triple capsule array, Yeti can record in stereo or your choice of three other unique patterns, including cardioid, omnidirectional, and bidirectional. Utilizing a high quality A-D converter, a built-in headphone amplifier for zero-latency monitoring, and direct controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain. With no drivers to install, Yeti is the most versatile USB mic lighting up the airwaves today.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Blue Yeti Review Summary
The Blue Yeti is an excellent plug and record USB microphone that has dramatically increased the quality of my voice recordings. It has a solid & sleek build, is easy to use, and most importantly clearly records my voice.
Introduction - Who I am and how do I use this product
My name is Antonio and I own and operate ATailoredSuit.com; I have been using the Blue Yeti since February to speak with clients on Skype and to record podcasts and videos about men's style and custom clothing. Prior to owning the Blue Yeti I used the Blue Snowflake for one year; before that I used the built in microphone on my computer and headsets. For the last 6 months I have been looking at purchasing the Blue Snowball; when this microphone came out I decided to make this purchase instead.
Pros - Things I Love
1. Sound Recording Quality - The most important quality in a microphone; from my limited 30 day use and when compared to the past types of microphones I am used to (Blue Snowflake, Logitech Webcam 9000 Microphone, Various Headset microphones, Built in Computer Microphones) this Microphone beat them all.
2. Plug and Play - I have seamlessly used this microphone on 3 separate computers, one running XP, the other Vista, and on a Windows 7 machine. In each case it was immediately recognized and clearly marked as the Blue Yeti
3. Simple Knobs and Design - Mute, Mode, Headphone Volume and MIC Gain Control. Stand can be tightened and microphone removed.
4. Solid Build - Overall, Solid (One small complaint below). The 10 foot USB cord was a nice touch.
5. Playful Approach - Blue has decided to present the Yeti in a playful manner. They appeal to the creative and make the manual much more approachable for those of us not technically inclined.
Cons - Things I am not happy with
1. Size - It weight 3.5 pounds and stands 1 foot high - I am used to this now, but be prepared for a big footprint!
2. Looseness of Volume & Gain Controls - A small complaint, but for an overall solid device these feel like they will be the first things to break.
The Blue Yeti is an amazing microphone that was well worth the investment. It has already dramatically increased the quality of my voice recordings and I recommend it to any podcaster. I give this product 9 out of 10 stars (5 out of 5 for Amazon!), my only knock that the price maybe too high for some.
My complaint about the shock mount has been resolved, with the Blue Radius, which I received a week ago from Amazon, which I love. Makes this great, and I mean great microphone even better. I have done side by side comparisons to the Neumann U87, the Sennhieser D421, the Lawson L47, all top notch and very expensive studio mics. The Yeti sounds as good. Of course you have to learn how to work a microphone properly to get the right sound. I cringe at some YouTube demos of this mic, some of the folks are not using this, and I'm sure other mike's correctly to get the best sound. Also the more I use the Yeti, the more seasoned it becomes, in comparison recordings done a year ago, the Yeti seems to get a smoother sound, as time goes by.
-Very easy to setup and use
-No need for more equipment like preamps
-Inexpensive (Great value)
-The base picks up a lot of vibration (From keyboard and mouse for example)
-Looks awkward on a mic stand without a 5/8th elbow or shockmount
-The packaged mini-USB cable was faulty (This seems to be a rare occurrence)
-Cardioid modes pickup range is more broad than other mics I've used. (Could be a good thing for some)
In summary, this is a nice microphone for under one-hundred dollars. Setting up you're recording applications correctly as well as proper mic placement will go a long way for quality - as with any mic. If you do buy this device, test it thoroughly upon arrival to make sure everything is in working order.
** If you choose to buy this mic, please use this Amazon short link. It helps me out :-) http://amzn.to/1EffbfU **