Hill Climb Racing 2 BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on October 12, 2013
I got this set because I wanted to watch streaming videos and Skype calls on a big screen instead of on my 15" laptop screen. The Mac doesn't have an HDMI port, so the little adaptor was very important. I could have used any HDMI cable, but I wanted another one, so I got the set.

When I plugged the cable into my Mac and the TV, I needed to do a few things: 1) Find the correct input with the TV remote - you'll know you've got the right one when you see a desktop background. 2) Go to System Preferences (in apple menu or launchpad). 3) Select Displays - you should be able to scroll down and select "Mirrored" here, but you might have to click on "Detect Displays" first. You choose "Mirrored" if you want the same thing displayed on both your Mac and on the TV; otherwise, you should be able to drag open windows between the two displays (tv & computer screen). 4) Select Sound (also in System Preferences) and choose your TV speakers instead of your Mac speakers.

You might find that your computer works a little differently from mine, but there are a lot of YouTube videos out there that explain how to set things up.

And, by the way, I'm already loving this after just one day. Both the picture and the sound are excellent!
on February 12, 2014
I'm always tempted to get the more expensive product. After all, capitalism works--and better stuff usually costs more. It has served me well over the years.

However, with accessory cables, that's not always the case. It most certainly paid off to spend more on analog cable, with all the potential issues (electromagnetic interference, radio frequency interference, impedance mismatches, connector integrity, etc.).

However, with digital cable, you most often either get a great signal or no signal. The interference issues remain, but not nearly to the degree they do with analog cable. The BlueRigger cable is built to mitigate signal issues. Copper wire? Check. Noise shielding? Check. Strain relief? Check. Gold-plated connectors? Check. Rugged jacket? Check.

The BlueRigger works as advertised, providing a perfect image when used with my Dell convertible laptop/tablet. It also makes a great monitor cable for my Mac Mini, delivering the maximum resolution to a Dell wide-gamut 2560 x 1440 monitor. As a bonus, it even appears to be extremely well-made. And for a killer price.
on March 3, 2014
This adapter seems very well built and worked great on my Surface Pro. The included HDMI cable also seems of high quality. The Surface Pro only mirrors the display, at least for metro apps, although I haven't played with it a ton to see what else it can do. This adapter worked flawlessly and the picture quality was great. The connectors make a firm connection. I would recommend this to anyone.
on April 15, 2014
I did not receive the products pictured or described. The products that I did get were generic. Not the brand or quality that I ordered. I thought that I was getting the brand and quality that you see in the picture and description. When it came to me in the mail, I had to return it. They were generic knockoffs.

You see, I already own these products and just needed another set. I could clearly see that they were similar, but not the same. Neither product was the Bluerigger Brand. I don't get caught up on brand names but I thought I'd get the quality advertised. Not so. The cables were thinner and where the connectors were fastened to the cables, it was not done as well as the brand. Neither had the Bluerigger Brand name printed on them which was another indication that they were generic.

I've a lot of experience with cables. Don't buy cheap or you'll have to buy them again when they break on you. -Like most things. In the end, the cables that they sent me may have worked fine for a long time. I just want what I paid for, not a lesser version. of it.

To be fair, they were nice in response to my complaint. They did give me a full refund and you may save a little money buying from them. Just don't expect that you'll get the product that they advertised. They may send you a cheaply made, alternate brand version of the same thing.
on February 3, 2015
Great value for the price and durable too! It works great to connect my Early 2011 MacBook Pro to my TV via HDMI! This mini Display port adapter is very helpful for watching movies, doing presentations, looking over photos, you name it! I'm very glad I bought this adapter here on Amazon as opposed to buying it directly from Apple, which likely would have been a lot more expensive! I bought this specifically because it came with both the mini Display port and a 10ft (very helpful) HDMI cord, definitely a good value for $12!
The only downside I have so far with the adapter, is that the audio comes from my laptop, not the TV its plugged into when playing. Now this can be a good or bad thing, depending on the sound quality of your speakers and when your watching a movie especially. I'm not sure if this is fixable or not, but for what it does so far, it works great for me!
Overall I'm happy with my purchase, the quality of the cords are thick and durable and the price was pretty much unbeatable! I will definitely purchase from BlueRigger in the future and will recommend this product to others looking to buy!
on January 25, 2014
The first “BlueRigger Bundle - Premium Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP) to HDMI Female Adapter + HDMI Cable - 10 Feet” that I received had a defective Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP) to HDMI Female Adapter. I contacted Amazon and was told that if I wanted a refund I would need to send it back to Amazon and that I would have to pay for the return postage. I started to go through the process and was planning to go a UPS facility to find out the shipping cost. Within a day or two after contacting Amazon about returning the defective cable, BlueRigger contacted me by e-mail and asked for details. I explained to them that I could not get their Premium Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP) to HDMI Female Adapter to work. I had borrowed a friends adapter and it worked fine so I was sure that my “set up” was correct. BlueRigger immediately said they would send a replacement which they did, they did not ask for the original bundle back. The replacement works perfectly, and I’m very pleased. The construction of BlueRigger cables is substantially better than other cables I have seen and I totally recommend them. BlueRigger stands behind their products, they contacted me to make good on a cable that I wasn’t happy with.
on May 16, 2014
I buy hundreds of all types of cables for dozens of projects (IT industry); this is one of the best built cables I have ever seen.
I received it, and immediately went into my computer and order six more. It came with a VERY HIGH QUALITY HDMI 1.4a inside. I have Gold-Plated Monster(tm) cable in all my audio-visual equipment; I can "ALMOST" attest that based on the look and feel alone, these BlueRigger Bundles MUST be either same or better quality than my Monster cable; even though the BlueRigger is not gold-plated.
HIGHLY Recommended (based on the one I have received and tested; you never know WHY a cable so well built is being sold so cheap!) ACT NOW before they are gone!
on March 5, 2015
4-27-15 Update

BlueRigger has since sent me a replacement that seems to be working fine, I guess it happens and you get a faulty unit once in a while that slips thru QC. I will keep this updated if any new issues arise but until then, BluRigger has stood by their product and I appreciate that. Thank you.

****Original Review***
I have purchased many BlueRigger cables from amazon so I felt very comfortable and confident buying this. Worked for about a month then died. My son got it to work by jiggling the wire so there must be some bad connection but that fix was only temporary. Now it is completely useless.

I no longer have the same confidence in BlueRigger as I had. I will be trying out new brands now.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2016
We finally used this to watch a movie on Prime - I didn't have Chrome, so apparently I needed to download that. However, no audio came through the tv. We had to turn my laptop sound up high. I don't see any indications here about issues with audio, so I am wondering what is wrong with my setup? I have a 48" or so LG tv with an HDMI port and a MacBook Pro with the HDMI port. Does anyone else have issues like thist?
I'm sure its just something I'm doing wrong, as I'm not seeing a lot of problems mentioned like no audio.
on November 11, 2014
Very good product! Exactly as described. I have absolutely zero complaints about this product. The HDMI cord is THICK AND STURDY, which is a huge plus when using such a long cord! When using a cord this long, it is assumed that you are connecting your computer to a television or monitor. It is very easy for the cord to start becoming loose and slowly start ripping from wear and tear...I do NOT see this happening with this cord any time in the near future. It is also nice that it is not just one long piece, but instead you get an HDMI and the adaptor, so you can attach different size cables if needed. It does not have to ONLY be the 10 ft HDMI cable that is included.

Highly Recommend this product! A++ Solid and Sturdy product for a VERY good price!