Blueair Classic 505 Air Purifier with HEPASilent Filtration for Allergen Reduction, Large Rooms 700 sq. ft. WiFi Enabled, ALEXA compatible
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- True HEPA performance, enabled by HEPASilent Technology with particle filtration and electrostatic charge, captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; allergens, mold, dust, pet dander, smoke particles and pollen
- Smart home unit, Wi Fi enabled with free Blueair Friend app. Compatible with Alexa / Echo
- Ozone Reducing - HEPASilent filtration air cleaner system, 3 fan speeds and whisper quiet operation for use in kids rooms, nurseries or offices
- SmokeStop filter with activated carbon for removal of odors caused by smoke, pets, food, and VOCs (sold separately)
- For medium to large rooms between 500 sq. ft. and 600 sq. ft., AHAM rated at 700 sq. ft.
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Large Room Air Purifier
The next generation Classic 500 series is right at home in large living spaces. Designed for rooms up to 700 ft2, the 505 features increased filtration efficiency at a larger room size than the previous 503 model. Now upgraded with Wi-Fi and a sleek flip-top display
Breathe easy and minimize triggers for those with allergies, asthma, and other respiratory illnesses with clean air delivery you can trust. The Classic 505 is independently verified for performance, energy efficiency, and ozone emissions.
Change fan speed, set child lock, schedule personalized settings in Night Mode and much more with the Blueair Friend smartphone app. Pairs seamlessly with the Blueair Aware air quality monitor (sold separately) for real-time updates on your indoor air.
Unmatched Performance & Features
Patented HEPASilent technology captures 99.97% of airborne particles, such as pet dander, dust, mold, pollen, and other allergens, from your indoor environment. Use in a room size of 698 ft2or smaller for optimal efficiency (5 air changes per hour).
In a world full of noise, some things should be enjoyed quietly. Enjoy whisper-quiet clean air delivery from the 505, thanks to the advanced filter media. Less dense than traditional HEPA filters and with a higher airflow efficiency than True HEPA filters.
Unit comes standard with a Particle filter for the maximum removal of all airborne particles. For the removal of gaseous pollutants, such as odor, smoke, and VOCs, the SmokeStop filter with activated carbon is available (sold separately).
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We've used the unit consistently for about three years now. I still love it, but it seems there is a pretty obvious design flaw. The air intake occurs through wide grills along the bottom of the machine. Air then passes up, through a fan, and is filtered as it is pushed out through the filters on the top and side. This is different from most air "cleaners", which typically pull air in through a filter.
The problem with this Blueair design is that the incoming dust collects, over time, on all of the internal components. After several years of use, the wiring and fan are caked with thick dust and pet hair. The performance of the machine seems to be suffering as a result, and I worry that it could be a fire hazard. I no longer feel safe leaving it on overnight or while we are away from home. There is no easy way to open the case to clean it, and the product manual makes it clear that doing so would void all warranties. I'm thinking I may take it to a vacuum repair shop to see if they can clean it with more confidence that I could at home. For the price point, I feel like Blueair should offer some sort of cleanable pre-filter to at least reduce the problem.
I wanted to point out some flaws that detract from it though:
1. The unit fills up (inside) with dust and hair, and there is no way to really clean this out properly. This seems to lower performance.
2. The unit either runs on full blast (very loud) or one of 3 lower settings, which are extremely quiet but, feeling around the unit, don't seem to have much of any airflow - so I wonder how much air they actually push. This especially seems true with the Smokestop filters. On the lowest setting I'd be surprised if it is actually pushing any air through the filters. They need to add an in-between setting, or make the lower 3 settings stronger.
3. The blue LED light is stupidly bright, especially for using in a room a night. It has to be covered up to keep in our bedroom.
8/15/15 UPDATE - Still humming away. Two years now. Did a filter change and cleaned up with vacuum cleaner. Purchased a second for the other room. Note that if you purchase the electronic version (with remote control) it shuts down on power interrupts and must be manually started again. This proves to be a hassle as I get an interruption once a week. I should stay with the manual switch.
7/23/14 UPDATE - Still humming away after over a year. Doesn't yet seem to need a filter change although I already bought the replacement filters. Still equally quiet. Still gets my recommendation.
INITIAL REVIEW - I use in the living room on medium speed. Just let it run 24 hours a day. Pretty quiet. Of course, hard to tell how well air filters are doing the job without sophisticated equipment, but after 5 months no obvious problems. I always wonder if I can get away with a smaller, cheaper machine, but I decided to err on the side of improved air. Good looking unit. Pricey but safe purchase. I expect 3-4 years out of the fan - we'll see.