Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 110 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on January 13, 2017
Pros: Lots of popular songs; good layout with entire song on a single page including the chord progression and lyrics; most songs in G, C or D positions.

Con (huge for me): Kindle on iPad does NOT have a table of contents and search does not work. So it is REALLY hard to locate a song quickly which significantly diminishes its value at a jam session. You may spend half the song looking for the music. If the TOC worked on my iPad, this would get 5 stars

Note: The Kindle PC reader does have a TOC.
on February 23, 2015
I play the mandolin and my wife plays the guitar, I am a novice and she a beginner, and this book is really easy to flip into a random song and just play, and long as you are familiar with the rhythm and cadence of the version of the song you want to play. Youtube is a great resource to look up a version you like. Please note that there is no tablature only musical notes and chords with lyrics.
on April 16, 2012
This is a lot of the classic bluegrass numbers that have been around for years. We use this book in our bluegrass jam sessions because it does have so many simple songs. It is pretty heavy with gospel songs, but that is the nature of bluegrass so that's understandable. Anyone looking for a bluegrass book this is a good one. It includes chords for guitar, banjo and mandolin so it serves all three instruments. I use this for practice on all three of these and it works great.
Really a must-have for bluegrass junkies.
on June 28, 2016
Perfect for the melody line so you can figure out your part such as a banjo part. It has the words of the song and the chords. If you can read music then you can read the melody. If not, but know the song, just play the chords and sing.
on March 23, 2017
This book is easy to follow and the songs very enjoyable. It was exactly what I needed.
on June 3, 2017
I am just learning to play mandolin, and this book is great.
on June 25, 2017
A great reference guide to the BG repertoire.
on July 24, 2017
Exactly what I was looking for. But there are only a few hymns in it. Bought for my father.
on April 2, 2013
The first thing I did was take the book to Staples and have it spiral bound. This lets the book lay flat on the music stand. This book is used by my local monthly Bluegrass Jam. A great feature is the artist list at the bottom of each page. It allows me to look up the song on youtube. Being new to Bluegrass, I am not familiar with many of the tunes.
on June 14, 2015
no table of contents, you have to scroll through all pages... using the tablet version.. would not recommend.