Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 453 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 471 reviews
on June 8, 2014
Would get 5 stars if it was a bit less expensive, but still worth it. I had earlier purchased the smaller one, and have been very happy with it. This bigger one cleaned up a big mess of cords on my living room entertainment center. For before and after pictures,see pic I uploaded to this page.
review image
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2015
Not much can really be said on this product. Its job is to be a stylish box that hides cables, and it's really good at that job. I had a messy pile of cables just lying on my floor in the middle of the room, and transformed it into a really nice, tidy looking spot instead. If there was anything to really complain about, I feel the most major thing is just that it's a bit too pricey. It looks very nice and does a very nice job, but I don't know if it's really $29 nice. It is just a plastic box after all. It was also rather nice that it came with some twist ties for cable management on the outside of the box, but it did seem like they cheaped out on those twist ties of all things. They were rather frustrating to deal with. Overall though, definitely a very nice product.
on February 17, 2015
on May 25, 2012
I'm a bit baffled and frustrated by the unanimously positive reviews of this thing, even though it's a GREAT concept. At 6" width, it's just too thin for any of my surge protectors to actually fit in when they're loaded down with AC adapters. For a power strip to properly accommodate "brick"-style adapters, all sorts of design considerations are in order on the part of the person creating the power strip, but pretty much all of those considerations - properly spacing and staggering the outlets - ultimately make the surge protector/power strip + the adapters = fatter than 6" wide. So the CableBox finds itself in an ironic situation - unable to properly contain the mess being experienced by the users that actually most need something like the cablebox. I have two surge protectors crammed with fat and ugly AC adapters that I've already meticulously arranged to make them all fit on the power strip next to each other, and they still manage to splay their attached cables out all over the place, creating a really hideous "spaghetti going in all directions" mess. This is the type of rat's nest of cables that's most begging to be corralled by a product like the CableBox, as the cables are already going in all directions and the strip itself is a big loaded-down eyesore - and yet, it just isn't wide enough to fit.

I tried both surge protectors I'm already using, borrowed a few from work, have compared the product measurements of all of the best-rated ones on Amazon, and I can't seem to find one that's going to be under 6" in width by the time it's loaded up with AC Adapters. Thus, the CableBox is ironically too thin to be useful to the type of person that actually needs it the most, instead going for a sort of middle-of-the-road "casual" user that just has a handful of things plugged in to a smaller power strip. Even stranger - this is the "big" CableBox, so they make an even smaller one! What, do we need to wait for a "mega" one?

I finally managed to cram everything together by first adding "outlet liberator"-type extenders to the adapters to get them off of one of the strips and then crammed everything tightly together into the CableBoxes with the lid barely staying on. I'm concerned, though, as most of these AC Adapters are actually designed to have decent airflow around them to dissipate heat - they're not meant to be crammed into tight spaces with no airflow.

Bummer.
88 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2016
I love this thing. I mounted mine to the wall though because my entertainment center is all wall mounted and didn't want cables danging all over the floor to the outlet.
If you want to wall mount it take into consideration you should pre drill holes smaller than your screws so it doesn't crack the plastic. Use a washer as well so the pressure around the head of the screw is distributed a little better. I put a piece of laminate flooring to the inside back as well to reinforce it and make absolutely sure an impact to the box wouldn't cause it to bust off the screws. The added bonus to this is you can put screws i the laminate piece to mount the power strip if your's can do that.
Everything fit nicely into it so I'd happily recommend this product. All I need to do now is order the cable concealer to run from the box to the outlet for the power strip cable and I'm done.
review image review image review image
on December 29, 2016
This is a great product for hiding tons of cables and adapters. HERES WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW:
When you open the CableBox, there is a flyer for social media on the inside bottom. As you remove it, be VERY CAREFUL to pull up as much (if not all) of the adhesive holding the flyer, WITH the flyer. If you do not do this, it will leave a ton of glue-like substance on the bottom and you will NOT BE ABLE TO REMOVE IT. I spent 2-3 hours scrubbing at it with All-Purpose cleaner and 99% rubbing alcohol, scratching it up with my fingernails, NOTHING WORKS. You need to get as much of it off as possible when you initially take off the flyer or it will be forever a sticky mess at the bottom of your cablebox. For some reason, the adhesive used in the white cable box is much much easier to pull off. It's only this one that is a problem. BlueLounge if you're reading this: please use a less permanent adhesive. This is ridiculous
on May 15, 2013
It does the job very well. People voiced two main criticisms: 1. it is "just" a plastic box and is pricey for what it is; 2. It isn't large enough to store the bulky plugs + power bricks that the target demographic has.

I think those criticisms are not that valid. Here's why:

1. There are different kinds of plastic. You have the other Chinese knock offs that you're probably seeing in the Amazon "people who viewed this product also viewed..." section. The reason why they are cheaper is very likely that they use a lower quality plastic. The quality of plastic used in this item is a higher, more durable quality. You can feel it when you hold it. No, this is not just me rationalizing the cost. :)

2. I use this for my desktop computer workstation. I can fit a larger power strip in there with power bricks/cables for speakers and printer, cables for desktop, laptop, monitor with PLENTY of room to spare. All it requires is a little bit of planning to bundle your cables up properly for storage instead of just trying to stuff them in there.

It is a bit pricey -- if it were 20% less I think it would be at a great price point. However, all other products in this segment are clearly inferior, so of course they will continue to charge a price that is worth it in that respect.

Anyway, if you can't decide between this and the cheaper knock offs, GET THIS. It is worth it. Plus, don't support the Chinese knock off industry.
What took me so long to clean up my hodgepodge of wires, cables, and cords? Aesthetics and safety are important to me, especially in my study, which is also the library, piano room, and yoga room. I desire a calm ambiance, surrounded by my 2000 books. However, until I bought this BlueLounge box, the floor between my desk and pedestal looked like the center of the "Dallas mixmaster" of interstates, with prominent dust bunnies collecting on this untidy collection of cables. Now, it is clean, orderly, and unobtrusive.

The box is plain, rectangular, and deep, with a matte finish (I have the black one), made from fire-retardant plastic. If you are using a precarious device to store your cables, like a shoebox, it is a dangerous fire hazard; it is well worth the money to protect your home from turning into a fireball.

Dimensions are 398 mm/15.6 in long, 154 mm/6 in wide, and 134 mm/5.3 inches deep, with rubber feet to prevent it from slipping. There's plenty of storage space--looks about the size of a shoebox.

I placed a large 12-outlet surge protector in the BlueLounge box without needing to unplug anything. I could have easily fit a second one in there, also. The outlets or openings on each end of the box are about 3.5 inches long and ¾ inch wide, plenty of room for the mass of cables. I tucked the box on the bottom shelf of my pedestal, and voila! From helter-skelter to harmony, all in a few minutes. It's like a 3-minute manager for just 25 bucks.
on December 14, 2015
This thing is the business! It's done wonders for the aesthetic by my computer! Check out the pics. My Belkin surge protector is pretty large and it fits inside with room for excess cables! Paired with some Velcro straps and/or cable tubing you'll be in good shape! Love this thing although I do agree that it is a tad expensive.
on September 26, 2013
Based on some of the reviews here, I was expecting a low-quality plastic box. However, it is made well, snaps shut, has no-slip grips on the bottom, is much bigger than I expected and looks sharp. In fact, this worked so well that I bought a second one. Seriously, you won't be disappointed. Check out my the pictures I uploaded - I fit TWO loaded surge protectors inside.