Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Bluetooth Receiver Car AUX Adapter with Hands-Free Calling Kit by GOgroove - SMARTmini AUX - Home & Auto Stereo Upgrade w/ 30-Foot Wireless A2DP Music Streaming for Smartphones & Tablets
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.15. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- WHAT IT DOES: The SMARTmini AUX plugs into the headphone jack of your speaker/headphones so that they can receive calls & wirelessly play streaming audio from your smartphone or tablet
- CAR STEREO BLUETOOTH UPGRADE made easy: all you need is a car with an AUX stereo port to be able to receive calls and stream music from your smartphone to your auto stereo system
- ENHANCED VOICE MIC on the SMARTmini AUX uses noise-cancelling technology to ensure you can be heard clearly on the other end of the line
- COMPLETE BLUETOOTH KIT includes everything you need for either a portable & removable installation or a more permanent setup with the provided mount & 3.5mm extension cable to place on the dashboard
- 3-YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY | Tech Specs: Operating Distance: 30 feet | Charging Time: 1.5 hours | Audio Playback: 6 hours per charge | Bluetooth Profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||2nd Street Electronics||Patozon||AnkerDirect||Patozon||BlueRigger||HiWay|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 2.62 x 0.81 in||4.4 x 6.8 x 1.1 in||1.77 x 1.77 x 0.39 in||2.4 x 4.5 x 2 in||5 x 5 x 5 in||1 x 2 x 0.5 in|
Safely Make Calls & Stream Music Through Your Car Stereo
Includes Dash Mount
With a built-in AUX cord extension, the Auxilary mount lets you place the SMARTmini AUX within arm's reach right on your dashboard, if in case your car's AUX port is hidden away or inconveniently placed.
What You Need: Headphone Port
A car system w/headphone port: This is the device where you will connect the SMARTmini AUX so that it can play audio wirelessly and handle phone calls (you would listen to callers through your car's speakers and the SMARTmini AUX has a built-in mic for your voice)
What You Need: Bluetooth media
A Bluetooth-enabled media device: This can be a smartphone, tablet, or any media player that can stream using Bluetooth. From this device, you will play music (Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, etc.) to be wirelessly heard on the speaker
One Button Handles the Magic
Power up, play music, make and answer calls all with just one button! Simply hold the Power button for two seconds to activate voice control. Press again to end a call and return to listening to your favorite tunes.
- Press & hold for 6 secs: (a) Turns SMARTmini AUX On and Off; (b) Enters pairing mode.
- Press & hold for 2 secs: Activates voice dialing for voice enabled phones. Functionality may vary depending on your phone.
- Single press: Answer/Hang up phone call; Pause/Play music track
What's In the Box
- SMARTmini AUX receiver
- Auxilary mount (w/ built-in AUX cord)
- USB charging cable
Enhanced Voice Command & Recognition
Bluetooth version: 2.1+EDR
Enhanced Voice Detection
The built in noise-cancelling microphone allows your caller to hear you loud and clear whether you're in the car or using headphones at home.
Multiple Use Cases & Scenarios
Connect to the Line In jack on wired speakers and home sound systems for an instantly upgraded Bluetooth streaming media player that can wirelessly play music and even handle phone calls.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fairly easy operation although, I occasionally had to re-pair my devices to the SMARTmini. I blame that on the SMARTmini because I don't have to do that with any of my other BT stuff & it happened with different brands of phones.
It works while being charged, without interrupting music, if plugged in while active. While that's great, there was a high-pitched tone that would come over the speakers while charging the BT receiver. The tone goes away when plugged directly into my AUX port & also when I attached it to a higher grade AUX cable. As it runs on a battery, you do have to turn it on each time you get in the car/want to use the SMARTmini. I'm sure a filter would have cleared up the noise but I preferred to be bitter about it instead of spending another $10.
Call quality is excellent & I never had anyone tell me there was an issue of them not being able to hear me clearly.
The power button flashes blue when it's powered up. Mine was well hidden so, that didn't bug me but it would have if it was mounted in the open.
It was very easy for me to use a quarter to jam the AUX wire into dashboard seams. I could mounted the base exactly where I wanted it witout a visible wire going across my car. People were impressed that it was completely out of sight. The wire is nice & long to allow it to be mounted a good distance from the AUX IN which is in my glovebox.
I don't have exact times but I would estimate the unit needed to be recharged after about 6 hours of use. Stop & go driving seemed to shorten that time a bit but I think it only seems that way because I left it on, until it would automatically power-off, when I got out of my car.
After 18 months of use, it had to be recharged much more often. Then, it would only work if the charger was connected. Finally, it stopped taking a charge.
The biggest negative, to me, was the whining noise while charging but it was not bad enough to take my rating down a star because I probably should have fixed it with a filter.
I would replace the dead one with another except that I bought a unit I've hardwired so I don't have to worry about charging or turning it on when I get in the car.
In the beginning, I would pair my phone to the SMARTmini, but quickly grew to hate this because I play my music fairly loud, and unfortunately, whenever I got a phone call this EXTREMELY loud beeping noise would suddenly blast. Scared me every single time, and being startled while you're driving isn't the best thing.
Eventually, I got myself an ipod touch for the long train rides home, and now I use it in the car. Works perfectly, pairs immediately, and stays connected for hours without disruption. If my brother or someone else wants to pair, I just hold the button for a couple seconds, and then they are able to pair just as quickly.
Overall, I would recommend this product simply because of the quality of sound and strong connection.
The phone connectivity would work, if only that beeping noise could be disabled. The mic is strong, and pick up voice fairly well from what I remember.
It must be plugged in the turn on, When I leave the car, I unplug the usb from the charger, but leave it attached to the SMARTmini. When I come into the car, I plug into the USB and turn on the device. The reason why I unplug is because the device doesn't turn off by itself unless you manually turn it off, so the paranoid person in me just unplugs it.
However, once its been plugged in for a little while, you can unplug the usb from the charger and it will stay on. This frees up the usb charger for use with your phone etc.
I didn't know this until i tested it out recently. It always bothered me that I lost a usb charging port in my car whenever I used this, but I guess thats not the case.
Before I get to those, though, I will say that the Bluetooth transmission of music is great. No problems, sounds good, and if you don't have a power line filter, you can go to battery (non-charging) mode, unplug the charging cable, and have zero hum (which is a problem in many cars and with many setups where a car-powered device uses the car's line-in). Also, it's an attractive little device, and I like the directional microphone.
OK, now onto the limitations:
* That directional microphone is good in theory, but the audio quality in calls is not that good at all. I've used other similarly priced Bluetooth mics in cars, and this is at the lower end of the pack quality-wise.
* The fact it has a battery in it is great... except that you can only charge it with the provided USB-to-1/8" jack cable. What that means is that, if you rely on the battery, you will lose the cable because you'll use it just infrequently enough that one day it'll disappear. I'm not sure why they provided a line-in port on this (the charging cable plugs into the line-in/charging port), since, well, this device plugs into the line-in on your car, so it seems you'd just plug directly into that instead of into this, which then plugged into that. In any event, a micro USB charging port would be, to me at least, preferred. I'm not a fan of proprietary/unusual cables.
* The pad this attaches to doesn't stick on a hot car surface. You can always buy more Velcro/hook-and-loop stickers, but... this one should have come with a more durable sticker.
This isn't a terrible Bluetooth adapter. It's just not a great one. That's why I'm giving it 3 stars. If it's cheap enough on sale, go for it, but don't plan on using this to make a lot of important calls.